On Insurance Contract Design For Low Probability Events
This paper extends the analysis of insurance contracts design to the case of "low probability events", when there is a probability mass on the "no accident-zero loss"-event. The optimality of the deductible clause is discussed both at the theoretical and empirical levels.
Volume (Year): 3 (2008)
Issue (Month): 2(4)_Summer2008 ()
|Contact details of provider:|| Web page: http://www2.spiruharet.ro/facultati/facultate.php?id=14|
More information through EDIRC
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Edi Karni, 1990. "Optimal Insurance: A Nonexpected Utility Analysis," Discussion Paper Serie A 288, University of Bonn, Germany.
- Mehra, Rajnish & Prescott, Edward C., 1985.
"The equity premium: A puzzle,"
Journal of Monetary Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 15(2), pages 145-161, March.
- Olivier Mahul & Brian D. Wright, 2004. "Implications of Incomplete Performance for Optimal Insurance," Economica, London School of Economics and Political Science, vol. 71(284), pages 661-670, November.
- Christian Gollier & Harris Schlesinger, 1996.
"Arrow's theorem on the optimality of deductibles: A stochastic dominance approach (*),"
Springer, vol. 7(2), pages 359-363.
- Gollier, Christian & Schlesinger, Harris, 1996. "Arrow's Theorem on the Optimality of Deductibles: A Stochastic Dominance Approach," Economic Theory, Springer, vol. 7(2), pages 359-63, February.
- Raviv, Artur, 1979. "The Design of an Optimal Insurance Policy," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 69(1), pages 84-96, March.
- Eeckhoudt, L. & Gollier, C., 1996. "The Insurance of Low Probability Events," Papers 976.423, Toulouse - GREMAQ.
- Johnson, Eric J, et al, 1993. " Framing, Probability Distortions, and Insurance Decisions," Journal of Risk and Uncertainty, Springer, vol. 7(1), pages 35-51, August.
- Shahidi, Niousha & Carlier, Guillaume & Dana, Rose-Anne, 2003. "Efficient Insurance Contracts under Epsilon-Contaminated Utilities," Economics Papers from University Paris Dauphine 123456789/5463, Paris Dauphine University.
- Chichilnisky, Graciela, 2000. "An axiomatic approach to choice under uncertainty with catastrophic risks," Resource and Energy Economics, Elsevier, vol. 22(3), pages 221-231, July.
- G. Carlier & R.A. Dana & N. Shahidi, 2003. "Efficient Insurance Contracts under Epsilon-Contaminated Utilities," The Geneva Risk and Insurance Review, Palgrave Macmillan, vol. 28(1), pages 59-71, June.
- Howard Kunreuther & Mark Pauly, 2004. "Neglecting Disaster: Why Don't People Insure Against Large Losses?," Journal of Risk and Uncertainty, Springer, vol. 28(1), pages 5-21, January.
- Kocherlakota, Narayana R., 1990. "On tests of representative consumer asset pricing models," Journal of Monetary Economics, Elsevier, vol. 26(2), pages 285-304, October.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:ush:jaessh:v:3:y:2008:i:2(4)_summer2008:24. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Laura Stefanescu)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.