Stocasthic frontiers and wage inefficiency in Venezuela
This paper analyzes wage inefficiency in Venezuela in 2006 based on the methodology of stochastic frontiers. Empirical results indicate that employers’ inefficiency is above 30%, while for employees inefficiency is not statistical significant. This can be explained by government role in the labor market and by the fact that employers may be paying efficiency wages to increase productivity.
Volume (Year): 37 (2012)
Issue (Month): 33 (January-june)
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: |
Phone: +58 74 401111 ext. 1081
Fax: +58 74 401120
Web page: http://iies.faces.ula.ve/
More information through EDIRC
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Polachek, Solomon W & Yoon, Bong Joon, 1987. "A Two-tiered Earnings Frontier Estimation of Employer and Employee Information in the Labor Market," The Review of Economics and Statistics, MIT Press, vol. 69(2), pages 296-302, May.
- Juan Miguel VILLA LORA, 2006. "Propuesta para la estimación del salario de reserva de los empleados en Colombia con el análisis de fronteras estocásticas," ARCHIVOS DE ECONOMÍA 003402, DEPARTAMENTO NACIONAL DE PLANEACIÓN.
- Polachek, Solomon W & Yoon, Bong Joon, 1996. "Panel Estimates of a Two-Tiered Earnings Frontier," Journal of Applied Econometrics, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 11(2), pages 169-78, March-Apr.
- Polachek, Solomon & Xiang, Jun, 2005. "The Effects of Incomplete Employee Wage Information: A Cross-Country Analysis," IZA Discussion Papers 1735, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Aigner, Dennis & Lovell, C. A. Knox & Schmidt, Peter, 1977. "Formulation and estimation of stochastic frontier production function models," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 6(1), pages 21-37, July.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:ula:econom:v:37:y:2012:i:33:p:107-142. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Alexis Vásquez)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.