The Optimal Enforcement of Insider Trading Regulations
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Dilip Mookherjee & Ivan Png, 1989. "Optimal Auditing, Insurance, and Redistribution," The Quarterly Journal of Economics, Oxford University Press, vol. 104(2), pages 399-415.
- Admati, Anat R & Pfleiderer, Paul, 1989. "Divide and Conquer: A Theory of Intraday and Day-of-the-Week Mean Effects," Review of Financial Studies, Society for Financial Studies, vol. 2(2), pages 189-223.
- Matthew Spiegel and Avanidhar Subrahmanyam., 1995. "The Efficacy of Insider Trading Regulation," Research Program in Finance Working Papers RPF-257, University of California at Berkeley.
- Fischer, Paul E, 1992. " Optimal Contracting and Insider Trading Restrictions," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 47(2), pages 673-694, June.
- Admati, Anat R & Pfleiderer, Paul & Zechner, Josef, 1994.
"Large Shareholder Activism, Risk Sharing, and Financial Market Equilibrium,"
Journal of Political Economy,
University of Chicago Press, vol. 102(6), pages 1097-1130, December.
- A. Admati & P. Pßeiderer & J. Zechner, 2005. "Large shareholder activism, risk sharing, and financial market equilibrium," Public Economics 0502011, EconWPA.
- Salant, Stephen W, 1987. "Treble Damage Awards in Private Lawsuits for Price Fixing," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 95(6), pages 1326-1336, December.
- Leland, Hayne E, 1992. "Insider Trading: Should It Be Prohibited?," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 100(4), pages 859-887, August.
- Besanko, David & Spulber, Daniel F, 1989. "Antitrust Enforcement under Asymmetric Information," Economic Journal, Royal Economic Society, vol. 99(396), pages 408-425, June.
- Townsend, Robert M., 1979.
"Optimal contracts and competitive markets with costly state verification,"
Journal of Economic Theory,
Elsevier, vol. 21(2), pages 265-293, October.
- Robert M. Townsend, 1979. "Optimal contracts and competitive markets with costly state verification," Staff Report 45, Federal Reserve Bank of Minneapolis.
- George J. Stigler, 1974. "The Optimum Enforcement of Laws," NBER Chapters,in: Essays in the Economics of Crime and Punishment, pages 55-67 National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Khanna, Naveen & Slezak, Steve L & Bradley, Michael, 1994. "Insider Trading, Outside Search, and Resource Allocation: Why Firms and Society May Disagree on Insider Trading Restrictions," Review of Financial Studies, Society for Financial Studies, vol. 7(3), pages 575-608.
- Shavell, Steven, 1991. "Specific versus General Enforcement of Law," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 99(5), pages 1088-1108, October.
- Easley, David & O'Hara, Maureen, 1992. "Adverse Selection and Large Trade Volume: The Implications for Market Efficiency," Journal of Financial and Quantitative Analysis, Cambridge University Press, vol. 27(02), pages 185-208, June.
- Shin, Jhinyoung, 1996. "The Optimal Regulation of Insider Trading," Journal of Financial Intermediation, Elsevier, vol. 5(1), pages 49-73, January.
- Dye, Ronald A, 1984. "Inside Trading and Incentives," The Journal of Business, University of Chicago Press, vol. 57(3), pages 295-313, July.
- Michael J. Fishman & Kathleen M. Hagerty, 1992. "Insider Trading and the Efficiency of Stock Prices," RAND Journal of Economics, The RAND Corporation, vol. 23(1), pages 106-122, Spring.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Acharya, Viral V. & Johnson, Timothy C., 2010.
"More insiders, more insider trading: Evidence from private-equity buyouts,"
Journal of Financial Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 98(3), pages 500-523, December.
- Acharya, Viral V & Johnson, Tim, 2007. "More Insiders, More Insider Trading: Evidence from Private Equity Buyouts," CEPR Discussion Papers 6622, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Madura, Jeff & Marciniak, Marek, 2014. "Bidder country characteristics and informed trading in U.S. targets," Journal of International Financial Markets, Institutions and Money, Elsevier, vol. 29(C), pages 256-284.
- René M. Stulz, 2009.
"Securities Laws, Disclosure, and National Capital Markets in the Age of Financial Globalization,"
Journal of Accounting Research,
Wiley Blackwell, vol. 47(2), pages 349-390, May.
- René M. Stulz, 2008. "Securities Laws, Disclosure, and National Capital Markets in the Age of Financial Globalization," NBER Working Papers 14218, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Vahe Lskavyan, 2015. "Insider regulation and the incentive to invest as an insider," Economics of Governance, Springer, vol. 16(3), pages 207-227, August.
- Wielhouwer, Jacco L., 2013. "When is public enforcement of insider trading regulations effective?," International Review of Law and Economics, Elsevier, vol. 34(C), pages 52-60.
- Ross Levine & Chen Lin & Lai Wei, 2015. "Insider Trading and Innovation," NBER Working Papers 21634, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Alex Frino & Stephen Satchell & Brad Wong & Hui Zheng, 2013. "How much does an Illegal Insider Trade?," International Review of Finance, International Review of Finance Ltd., vol. 13(2), pages 241-263, June.
- Podolski, Edward J. & Truong, Cameron & Veeraraghavan, Madhu, 2013. "Informed options trading prior to takeovers – Does the regulatory environment matter?," Journal of International Financial Markets, Institutions and Money, Elsevier, vol. 27(C), pages 286-305.
- repec:oup:rfinst:v:29:y:2016:i:12:p:3278-3320. is not listed on IDEAS
- Wisniewski, Tomasz P. & Bohl, Martin T., 2005. "The Information Content of Registered Insider Trading Under Lax Law Enforcement," International Review of Law and Economics, Elsevier, vol. 25(2), pages 169-185, June.
- Carole Comerton-Forde & Tālis J. Putniņš, 2014. "Stock Price Manipulation: Prevalence and Determinants," Review of Finance, European Finance Association, vol. 18(1), pages 23-66.
- Maug, Ernst, 2002. "Insider trading legislation and corporate governance," European Economic Review, Elsevier, vol. 46(9), pages 1569-1597, October.
- Jank, Stephan & Roling, Christoph & Smajlbegovic, Esad, 2016. "Flying under the radar: The effects of short-sale disclosure rules on investor behavior and stock prices," Discussion Papers 25/2016, Deutsche Bundesbank.
More about this item
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:ucp:jpolec:v:106:y:1998:i:3:p:602-632. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Journals Division). General contact details of provider: http://www.journals.uchicago.edu/JPE/ .