The Block Booking of Films Reexamined
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Pashigian, B Peter, 1988. "Demand Uncertainty and Sales: A Study of Fashion and Markdown Pricin g," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 78(5), pages 936-953, December.
- De Vany, Arthur & Walls, W David, 1996. "Bose-Einstein Dynamics and Adaptive Contracting in the Motion Picture Industry," Economic Journal, Royal Economic Society, vol. 106(439), pages 1493-1514, November.
- Ralph Cassady & Jr., 1933. "Some Economic Aspects of Motion Picture Production and Marketing," The Journal of Business, University of Chicago Press, vol. 6, pages 113-113.
- De Vany, Arthur S & Walls, W David, 1997. "The Market for Motion Pictures: Rank, Revenue, and Survival," Economic Inquiry, Western Economic Association International, vol. 35(4), pages 783-797, October.
- Klein, Benjamin & Leffler, Keith B, 1981. "The Role of Market Forces in Assuring Contractual Performance," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 89(4), pages 615-641, August.
- Kerr, Catherine E., 1990. "Incorporating the Star: The Intersection of Business and Aesthetic Strategies in Early American Film," Business History Review, Cambridge University Press, vol. 64(03), pages 383-410, September.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Doh-Shin Jeon & Domenico Menicucci, 2012. "Bundling and Competition for Slots," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 102(5), pages 1957-1985, August.
- Bakó, Barna & Kálecz-Simon, András, 2012.
"Vertikális korlátozások - növelik vagy csökkentik a jólétet?. Érvek az irodalomból
[Vertical constraints - do they increase or reduce welfare?. Arguments in the literature]," Közgazdasági Szemle (Economic Review - monthly of the Hungarian Academy of Sciences), Közgazdasági Szemle Alapítvány (Economic Review Foundation), vol. 0(10), pages 1138-1159.
- Ricard Gil & Wesley Hartmann, 2007. "The Role and Determinants of Concession Sales in Movie Theaters: Evidence from the Spanish Exhibition Industry," Review of Industrial Organization, Springer;The Industrial Organization Society, vol. 30(4), pages 325-347, June.
- Jeon, Doh-Shin & Menicucci, Domenico, 2009.
"Bundling and Competition for Slots: On the Portfolio Effects of Bundling,"
IDEI Working Papers
574, Institut d'Économie Industrielle (IDEI), Toulouse, revised Jul 2011.
- Jeon, Doh-Shin & Menicucci, Domenico, 2009. "Bundling and Competition for Slots: On the Portfolio Effects of Bundling," TSE Working Papers 09-069, Toulouse School of Economics (TSE), revised Jul 2011.
- Doh-Shin Jeon & Domenico Menicucci, 2009. "Bundling and competition for slots: On the portfolio effects of bundling," Economics Working Papers 1152, Department of Economics and Business, Universitat Pompeu Fabra, revised Jul 2009.
- Darlene Chisholm, 2005. "Hollywood Economics: How Extreme Uncertainty Shapes The Film Industry," Journal of Cultural Economics, Springer;The Association for Cultural Economics International, vol. 29(3), pages 233-237, August.
- Fleck, Robert K. & Hanssen, F. Andrew, 2016. "Persistence and change in age-specific gender gaps: Hollywood actors from the silent era onward," International Review of Law and Economics, Elsevier, vol. 48(C), pages 36-49.
- Orbach, Barak Y. & Einav, Liran, 2007. "Uniform prices for differentiated goods: The case of the movie-theater industry," International Review of Law and Economics, Elsevier, vol. 27(2), pages 129-153.
- F. Andrew Hanssen, 2010. "Vertical Integration during the Hollywood Studio Era," Journal of Law and Economics, University of Chicago Press, vol. 53(3), pages 519-543.
- Jeon, Doh-Shin & Menicucci, Domenico, 2009.
"Bundling and Competition for Slots: Sequential Pricing,"
TSE Working Papers
09-074, Toulouse School of Economics (TSE).
- Doh-Shin Jeon & Domenico Menicucci, 2009. "Bundling and competition for slots: Sequential pricing," Economics Working Papers 1168, Department of Economics and Business, Universitat Pompeu Fabra.
- Jeon, Doh-Shin & Menicucci, Domenico, 2009. "Bundling and Competition for Slots: Sequential Pricing," IDEI Working Papers 576, Institut d'Économie Industrielle (IDEI), Toulouse.
- Darlene C Chisholm, 2011. "Motion Pictures," Chapters,in: A Handbook of Cultural Economics, Second Edition, chapter 39 Edward Elgar Publishing.
- Mitsuru Sunada, 2010. "Vertical Integration in the Japanese Movie Industry," Journal of Industry, Competition and Trade, Springer, vol. 10(2), pages 135-150, June.
- Jehoshua Eliashberg & Anita Elberse & Mark A.A.M. Leenders, 2006. "The Motion Picture Industry: Critical Issues in Practice, Current Research, and New Research Directions," Marketing Science, INFORMS, vol. 25(6), pages 638-661, 11-12.
- Darren Filson, 2003. "Dynamic Common Agency, Vertical Integration, and Investment: The Economics of Movie Distribution," Claremont Colleges Working Papers 2003-07, Claremont Colleges.
- Kenney, Roy W & Klein, Benjamin, 2000. "How Block Booking Facilitated Self-Enforcing Film Contracts," Journal of Law and Economics, University of Chicago Press, vol. 43(2), pages 427-435, October.
- Ricard Gil, 2015. "Does Vertical Integration Decrease Prices? Evidence from the Paramount Antitrust Case of 1948," American Economic Journal: Economic Policy, American Economic Association, vol. 7(2), pages 162-191, May.
- Silver, Gregory Mead, 2010. "Economic effects of vertical disintegration: the American motion picture industry, 1945 to 1955," Economic History Working Papers 30043, London School of Economics and Political Science, Department of Economic History.
More about this item
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:ucp:jlawec:v:43:y:2000:i:2:p:395-426. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Journals Division). General contact details of provider: http://www.journals.uchicago.edu/JLE/ .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.