How Block Booking Facilitated Self-Enforcing Film Contracts
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Klein, Benjamin, 1996. "Why Hold-Ups Occur: The Self-Enforcing Range of Contractual Relationships," Economic Inquiry, Western Economic Association International, vol. 34(3), pages 444-463, July.
- Hanssen, F Andrew, 2000. "The Block Booking of Films Reexamined," Journal of Law and Economics, University of Chicago Press, vol. 43(2), pages 395-426, October.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Elisabetta Iossa & Giancarlo Spagnolo, 2008.
"Contracts as Threats: on a Rationale For Rewarding A while Hoping For B,"
EIEF Working Papers Series
1022, Einaudi Institute for Economics and Finance (EIEF), revised Dec 2010.
- Iossa, Elisabetta & Spagnolo, Giancarlo, 2011. "Contracts as Threats: on a Rationale For Rewarding A while Hoping For B," CEPR Discussion Papers 8195, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Elisabetta Iossa & Giancarlo Spagnolo, 2009. "Contracts as Threats: on a Rationale For Rewarding A while Hoping For B," CEIS Research Paper 147, Tor Vergata University, CEIS, revised 30 Sep 2009.
- Doh-Shin Jeon & Domenico Menicucci, 2012. "Bundling and Competition for Slots," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 102(5), pages 1957-1985, August.
- Moul, Charles C., 2008. "Retailer entry conditions and wholesaler conduct: The theatrical distribution of motion pictures," International Journal of Industrial Organization, Elsevier, vol. 26(4), pages 966-983, July.
- Ricard Gil & Wesley Hartmann, 2007. "The Role and Determinants of Concession Sales in Movie Theaters: Evidence from the Spanish Exhibition Industry," Review of Industrial Organization, Springer;The Industrial Organization Society, vol. 30(4), pages 325-347, June.
- Darlene C Chisholm, 2011. "Motion Pictures," Chapters,in: A Handbook of Cultural Economics, Second Edition, chapter 39 Edward Elgar Publishing.
- Orbach, Barak Y. & Einav, Liran, 2007. "Uniform prices for differentiated goods: The case of the movie-theater industry," International Review of Law and Economics, Elsevier, vol. 27(2), pages 129-153.
More about this item
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:ucp:jlawec:v:43:y:2000:i:2:p:427-35. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Journals Division). General contact details of provider: http://www.journals.uchicago.edu/JLE/ .