Logistic quantile regression in Stata
We present a set of Stata commands for the estimation, prediction, and graphical representation of logistic quantile regression described by Bottai, Cai, and McKeown (2010, Statistics in Medicine 29: 309–317). Logistic quantile regression models the quantiles of outcome variables that take on values within a bounded, known interval, such as proportions (or percentages) within 0 and 1, school grades between 0 and 100 points, and visual analog scales between 0 and 10 cm. We describe the syntax of the new commands and illustrate their use with data from a large cohort of Swedish men on lower urinary tract symptoms measured on the international prostate symptom score, a widely accepted score bounded between 0 and 35. Copyright 2011 by StataCorp LP.
Volume (Year): 11 (2011)
Issue (Month): 3 (September)
|Note:||to access software from within Stata, net describe http://www.stata-journal.com/software/sj11-3/st0231/|
|Contact details of provider:|| Web page: http://www.stata-journal.com/|
|Order Information:||Web: http://www.stata-journal.com/subscription.html|
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Koenker, Roger W & Bassett, Gilbert, Jr, 1978. "Regression Quantiles," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 46(1), pages 33-50, January.
- Roger Koenker & Kevin F. Hallock, 2001.
Journal of Economic Perspectives,
American Economic Association, vol. 15(4), pages 143-156, Fall.
- Leslie E. Papke & Jeffrey M. Wooldridge, 1993.
"Econometric Methods for Fractional Response Variables with an Application to 401(k) Plan Participation Rates,"
NBER Technical Working Papers
0147, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Papke, Leslie E & Wooldridge, Jeffrey M, 1996. "Econometric Methods for Fractional Response Variables with an Application to 401(K) Plan Participation Rates," Journal of Applied Econometrics, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 11(6), pages 619-32, Nov.-Dec..
- Christopher F Baum, 2008. "Stata tip 63: Modeling proportions," Stata Journal, StataCorp LP, vol. 8(2), pages 299-303, June.
- Buchinsky, Moshe, 1995. "Estimating the asymptotic covariance matrix for quantile regression models a Monte Carlo study," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 68(2), pages 303-338, August.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:tsj:stataj:v:11:y:2011:i:3:p:327-344. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Christopher F. Baum)or (Lisa Gilmore)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.