The COVID-19 Crisis and Interaction between the JSE, Real Estate, Energy, Commodity and Cryptocurrency Markets
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Nazlioglu, Saban & Gormus, N. Alper & Soytas, Uğur, 2016. "Oil prices and real estate investment trusts (REITs): Gradual-shift causality and volatility transmission analysis," Energy Economics, Elsevier, vol. 60(C), pages 168-175.
- Toda, Hiro Y. & Yamamoto, Taku, 1995. "Statistical inference in vector autoregressions with possibly integrated processes," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 66(1-2), pages 225-250.
- Imran Yousaf & Shoaib Ali, 2020. "Integration between real estate and stock markets: new evidence from Pakistan," International Journal of Housing Markets and Analysis, Emerald Group Publishing Limited, vol. 13(5), pages 887-900, April.
- Korhan Gokmenoglu & Siamand Hesami, 2019. "Real estate prices and stock market in Germany: analysis based on hedonic price index," International Journal of Housing Markets and Analysis, Emerald Group Publishing Limited, vol. 12(4), pages 687-707, April.
- Gregory, Allan W. & Hansen, Bruce E., 1996.
"Residual-based tests for cointegration in models with regime shifts,"
Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 70(1), pages 99-126, January.
- Gregory, A.W. & Hansen, B.E., 1992. "Residual-Based Tests for Cointegration in Models with Regime Shifts," RCER Working Papers 335, University of Rochester - Center for Economic Research (RCER).
- Allan Gregory & Bruce E. Hansen, 1992. "Residual-based Tests For Cointegration In Models With Regime Shifts," Working Paper 862, Economics Department, Queen's University.
- Tom Doan, "undated". "GREGORYHANSEN: RATS procedure to implement Gregory-Hansen test for Cointegration with breaks," Statistical Software Components RTS00082, Boston College Department of Economics.
- Tom Doan, "undated". "RATS programs to replicate results from Gregory and Hansen(1996) JOE article," Statistical Software Components RTZ00081, Boston College Department of Economics.
- Johansen, Soren, 1991. "Estimation and Hypothesis Testing of Cointegration Vectors in Gaussian Vector Autoregressive Models," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 59(6), pages 1551-1580, November.
- Gülfen Tuna, 2019. "Interaction between precious metals price and Islamic stock markets," International Journal of Islamic and Middle Eastern Finance and Management, Emerald Group Publishing, vol. 12(1), pages 96-114, March.
- Mensi, Walid & Sensoy, Ahmet & Aslan, Aylin & Kang, Sang Hoon, 2019. "High-frequency asymmetric volatility connectedness between Bitcoin and major precious metals markets," The North American Journal of Economics and Finance, Elsevier, vol. 50(C).
- Tursoy, Turgut & Faisal, Faisal, 2018. "The impact of gold and crude oil prices on stock market in Turkey: Empirical evidences from ARDL bounds test and combined cointegration," Resources Policy, Elsevier, vol. 55(C), pages 49-54.
- Yin, Libo & Nie, Jing & Han, Liyan, 2021. "Understanding cryptocurrency volatility: The role of oil market shocks," International Review of Economics & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 72(C), pages 233-253.
- Raza, Naveed & Ali, Sajid & Shahzad, Syed Jawad Hussain & Raza, Syed Ali, 2018. "Do commodities effectively hedge real estate risk? A multi-scale asymmetric DCC approach," Resources Policy, Elsevier, vol. 57(C), pages 10-29.
- Uddin, Gazi Salah & Hernandez, Jose Arreola & Shahzad, Syed Jawad Hussain & Kang, Sang Hoon, 2020.
"Characteristics of spillovers between the US stock market and precious metals and oil,"
Resources Policy, Elsevier, vol. 66(C).
- Gazi Salah Uddin & Jose Arreola Hernandez & Syed Jawad Hussain Shahzad & Sang Hoon Kang, 2020. "Characteristics of spillovers between the US stock market and precious metals and oil," Post-Print hal-02489889, HAL.
- Okorie, David Iheke & Lin, Boqiang, 2020. "Crude oil price and cryptocurrencies: Evidence of volatility connectedness and hedging strategy," Energy Economics, Elsevier, vol. 87(C).
- Sadeq J. Abul, 2019. "The Dynamic Relationship Between Stock and Real Estate Prices in Kuwait," International Journal of Economics and Finance, Canadian Center of Science and Education, vol. 11(5), pages 1-30, May.
- Ji, Qiang & Bouri, Elie & Roubaud, David & Kristoufek, Ladislav, 2019. "Information interdependence among energy, cryptocurrency and major commodity markets," Energy Economics, Elsevier, vol. 81(C), pages 1042-1055.
- Ji, Qiang & Zhang, Dayong & Zhao, Yuqian, 2020. "Searching for safe-haven assets during the COVID-19 pandemic," International Review of Financial Analysis, Elsevier, vol. 71(C).
- Lahiani, Amine & Mefteh-Wali, Salma & Vasbieva, Dinara G., 2021. "The safe-haven property of precious metal commodities in the COVID-19 era," Resources Policy, Elsevier, vol. 74(C).
- K. W. Chau & Gaolu Zou, 2018. "Energy Prices, Real Estate Sales and Industrial Output in China," Energies, MDPI, vol. 11(7), pages 1-15, July.
- Ghosh, Sajal & Kanjilal, Kakali, 2016. "Co-movement of international crude oil price and Indian stock market: Evidences from nonlinear cointegration tests," Energy Economics, Elsevier, vol. 53(C), pages 111-117.
- Mei-Se, Chien & Shu-Jung, Chang Lee & Chien-Chiang, Lee, 2018. "Time-varying co-movement of the prices of three metals and oil: Evidence from recursive cointegration," Resources Policy, Elsevier, vol. 57(C), pages 186-195.
Most related itemsThese are the items that most often cite the same works as this one and are cited by the same works as this one.
- Mighri, Zouheir & Ragoubi, Hanen & Sarwar, Suleman & Wang, Yihan, 2022. "Quantile Granger causality between US stock market indices and precious metal prices," Resources Policy, Elsevier, vol. 76(C).
- Farid, Saqib & Kayani, Ghulam Mujtaba & Naeem, Muhammad Abubakr & Shahzad, Syed Jawad Hussain, 2021. "Intraday volatility transmission among precious metals, energy and stocks during the COVID-19 pandemic," Resources Policy, Elsevier, vol. 72(C).
- Gormus, Alper & Nazlioglu, Saban & Soytas, Ugur, 2018. "High-yield bond and energy markets," Energy Economics, Elsevier, vol. 69(C), pages 101-110.
- Tarlok Singh, 2016. "On the sectoral linkages and pattern of economic growth in India," Journal of the Asia Pacific Economy, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 21(2), pages 257-275, April.
- Holmes, Mark J., 2011. "Threshold cointegration and the short-run dynamics of twin deficit behaviour," Research in Economics, Elsevier, vol. 65(3), pages 271-277, September.
- Hernán Enríquez Sierra & Jacobo Campo Robledo & Antonio Avendaño Arosemena, 2015. "Relaciones regionales en los precios de vivienda nueva en Colombia," Revista Ecos de Economía, Universidad EAFIT, vol. 19(40), pages 25-47, June.
- Md Shahiduzzaman & Allan Layton & Khorshed Alam, 2015. "On the contribution of information and communication technology to productivity growth in Australia," Economic Change and Restructuring, Springer, vol. 48(3), pages 281-304, November.
- Stavros Stavroyiannis, 2022. "Cointegration and ARDL specification between the Dubai crude oil and the US natural gas market," Papers 2206.03278, arXiv.org.
- Tomiwa Sunday Adebayo & Abraham Ayobamiji Awosusi & Jamiu Adetola Odugbesan & Gbenga Daniel Akinsola & Wing-Keung Wong & Husam Rjoub, 2021. "Sustainability of Energy-Induced Growth Nexus in Brazil: Do Carbon Emissions and Urbanization Matter?," Sustainability, MDPI, vol. 13(8), pages 1-21, April.
- Piñeiro-Chousa, Juan & López-Cabarcos, M. Ángeles & Sevic, Aleksandar & González-López, Isaac, 2022. "A preliminary assessment of the performance of DeFi cryptocurrencies in relation to other financial assets, volatility, and user-generated content," Technological Forecasting and Social Change, Elsevier, vol. 181(C).
- Gaolu Zou & K. W. Chau, 2019. "Long- and Short-Run Effects of Fuel Prices on Freight Transportation Volumes in Shanghai," Sustainability, MDPI, vol. 11(18), pages 1-12, September.
- Ahmed, Walid M.A., 2022. "On the higher-order moment interdependence of stock and commodity markets: A wavelet coherence analysis," The Quarterly Review of Economics and Finance, Elsevier, vol. 83(C), pages 135-151.
- Fumitaka Furuoka, 2018. "Is population beneficial to economic growth? An empirical study of China," Quality & Quantity: International Journal of Methodology, Springer, vol. 52(1), pages 209-225, January.
- Będowska-Sójka, Barbara & Kliber, Agata, 2022. "Can cryptocurrencies hedge oil price fluctuations? A pandemic perspective," Energy Economics, Elsevier, vol. 115(C).
- Marei Elbadri & Eralp Bektaş, 2022. "Dynamic relationship among the bank stability, oil, and gold prices: Evidence from the Islamic banks operating in the Gulf Cooperation Council countries," International Journal of Finance & Economics, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 27(2), pages 2153-2168, April.
- Shahbaz, Muhammad, 2017. "Current Issues in Time-Series Analysis for the Energy-Growth Nexus; Asymmetries and Nonlinearities Case Study: Pakistan," MPRA Paper 82221, University Library of Munich, Germany, revised 19 Oct 2017.
- Mohammadi, Hassan & Yue, Kan, 2012. "On Trade Balance and Exchange Rates: Further Evidence from China’s Bilateral Trade - La bilancia commerciale e i tassi di cambio: ulteriori evidenze dalle bilance commerciali bilaterali cinesi," Economia Internazionale / International Economics, Camera di Commercio Industria Artigianato Agricoltura di Genova, vol. 65(4), pages 581-604.
- Md. Shahiduzzaman & Khorshed Alam, 2014.
"A reassessment of energy and GDP relationship: the case of Australia,"
Environment, Development and Sustainability: A Multidisciplinary Approach to the Theory and Practice of Sustainable Development, Springer, vol. 16(2), pages 323-344, April.
- Shahiduzzaman, Md & Alam, Khorshed, 2012. "A reassessment of energy and GDP relationship: A case of Australia," MPRA Paper 36256, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Fareed, Zeeshan & Pata, Ugur Korkut, 2022. "Renewable, non-renewable energy consumption and income in top ten renewable energy-consuming countries: Advanced Fourier based panel data approaches," Renewable Energy, Elsevier, vol. 194(C), pages 805-821.
- Tarlok Singh, 2015. "Sustainability of current account deficits in India: an intertemporal perspective," Applied Economics, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 47(46), pages 4934-4951, October.
More about this item
KeywordsCOVID-19 Crisis; South African Markets; Commodities; Cryptocurrency; Cointegration.;
All these keywords.
- C12 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Econometric and Statistical Methods and Methodology: General - - - Hypothesis Testing: General
- C5 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Econometric Modeling
- G1 - Financial Economics - - General Financial Markets
- G15 - Financial Economics - - General Financial Markets - - - International Financial Markets
- G32 - Financial Economics - - Corporate Finance and Governance - - - Financing Policy; Financial Risk and Risk Management; Capital and Ownership Structure; Value of Firms; Goodwill
- R3 - Urban, Rural, Regional, Real Estate, and Transportation Economics - - Real Estate Markets, Spatial Production Analysis, and Firm Location
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:trp:01jefa:jefa0055. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: . General contact details of provider: .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If CitEc recognized a bibliographic reference but did not link an item in RePEc to it, you can help with this form .
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: David Simon Hall (email available below). General contact details of provider: .
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.