The Estimation of Frictional Unemployment: A Stochastic Frontier Approach
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Feldstein, Martin & Poterba, James, 1984. "Unemployment insurance and reservation wages," Journal of Public Economics, Elsevier, vol. 23(1-2), pages 141-167.
- Elazar Berkovitch, 1985. "Reputation Effect in Equilibrium Search and Bargaining- A Stigma Theory of Unemployment Duration," Discussion Papers 668, Northwestern University, Center for Mathematical Studies in Economics and Management Science.
- J. J. McCall, 1970. "Economics of Information and Job Search," The Quarterly Journal of Economics, Oxford University Press, vol. 84(1), pages 113-126.
- Ehrenberg, Ronald G & Oaxaca, Ronald L, 1976. "Unemployment Insurance, Duration of Unemployment, and Subsequent Wage Gain," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 66(5), pages 754-766, December.
- Solon, Gary R, 1985.
"Work Incentive Effects of Taxing Unemployment Benefits,"
Econometric Society, vol. 53(2), pages 295-306, March.
- Gary Solon, 1984. "Work Incentive Effects of Taxing Unemployment Benefits," NBER Working Papers 1260, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Janice Fanning Madden, 1988. "The Distribution of Economic Losses among Displaced Workers: Measurement Methods Matter," Journal of Human Resources, University of Wisconsin Press, vol. 23(1), pages 93-107.
- Moffitt, Robert, 1985. "Unemployment insurance and the distribution of unemployment spells," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 28(1), pages 85-101, April.
- Louis Jacobson, 1984. "A Tale of Employment Decline in Two Cities: How Bad Was the Worst of Times?," ILR Review, Cornell University, ILR School, vol. 37(4), pages 557-569, July.
- Whipple, David, 1973. "A Generalized Theory of Job Search," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 81(5), pages 1170-1188, Sept.-Oct.
- S. C. Salop, 1973. "Systematic Job Search and Unemployment," Review of Economic Studies, Oxford University Press, vol. 40(2), pages 191-201.
- John T. Warner & J. Carl Poindexter & Robert M. Fearn, 1980. "Employer-Employee Interaction and the Duration of Unemployment," The Quarterly Journal of Economics, Oxford University Press, vol. 94(2), pages 211-233.
- William F. Barnes, 1975. "Job Search Models, the Duration of Unemployment, and the Asking Wage: Some Empirical Evidence," Journal of Human Resources, University of Wisconsin Press, vol. 10(2), pages 230240.
- Mortensen, Dale T, 1970. "Job Search, the Duration of Unemployment, and the Phillips Curve," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 60(5), pages 847-862, December.
- John M. Barron & Wesley Mellow, 1979. "Search Effort in the Labor Market," Journal of Human Resources, University of Wisconsin Press, vol. 14(3), pages 389-404.
- Lancaster, Tony, 1979. "Econometric Methods for the Duration of Unemployment," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 47(4), pages 939-956, July.
- Jerry Hausman & Aaron Han, 1986. "Semiparametric Estimation of Duration and Competing Risk Models," Working papers 450, Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT), Department of Economics.
- Gronau, Reuben, 1971. "Information and Frictional Unemployment," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 61(3), pages 290-301, June.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Aomar Ibourk & Sergio Perelman, 2001.
"Frontières d'efficacité et processus d'appariement sur le marché du travail au Maroc,"
Economie & Prévision,
La Documentation Française, vol. 0(4), pages 33-45.
- Aomar Ibourk & Sergio Perelman, 2001. "Frontières d'efficacité et processus d'appariement sur le marché du travail au Maroc," Économie et Prévision, Programme National Persée, vol. 150(4), pages 33-45.
- A Ibourk & Sergio Perelman, 1999. "Frontières d’efficacité et processus d’appariement sur le marché du travail au Maroc," CREPP Working Papers 9904, Centre de Recherche en Economie Publique et de la Population (CREPP) (Research Center on Public and Population Economics) HEC-Management School, University of Liège.
- Ibourk, A. & Perelman, S., 1999. "Frontieres d'efficacite et processus d'appariement sur le marche du travail au Maroc," Liege - Groupe d'Etude des Mathematiques du Management et de l'Economie 99/04, UNIVERSITE DE LIEGE, Faculte d'economie, de gestion et de sciences sociales, Groupe d'Etude des Mathematiques du Management et de l'Economie.
- Cahill, Miles B., 2000. "Exploring the interaction between efficiency wages and labor market frictions," The Quarterly Review of Economics and Finance, Elsevier, vol. 40(1), pages 121-137.
- Sergio Destefanis & Raquel Fonseca, 2006.
"Labour-Market Reforms and the Beveridge Curve. Some Macro Evidence for Italy,"
CSEF Working Papers
168, Centre for Studies in Economics and Finance (CSEF), University of Naples, Italy.
- Sergio Destafanis & Raquel Fonseca Benito, 2007. "Labour-Market Reforms and the Beveridge Curve Some Macro Evidence for Italy," Working Papers 436, RAND Corporation.
- Baños, José F. & Rodríguez-Álvarez, Ana & Suárez, Patricia, 2016. "Matching frontiers: A random parameter model approach," Efficiency Series Papers 2016/07, University of Oviedo, Department of Economics, Oviedo Efficiency Group (OEG).
- Carlo Altavilla & Floro Ernesto Caroleo, 2013.
"Asymmetric Effects of National-based Active Labour Market Policies,"
Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 47(9), pages 1482-1506, October.
- Carlo Altavilla & Floro Ernesto Caroleo, 2011. "Asymmetric Effects of National-based Active Labour Market Policies," CSEF Working Papers 293, Centre for Studies in Economics and Finance (CSEF), University of Naples, Italy.
- Sergio Destafanis & Raquel Fonseca Benito, 2007. "Labour-Market Reforms and the Beveridge Curve Some Macro Evidence for Italy," Working Papers WR-436, RAND Corporation.
- Iva Tomic, 2012. "The Efficiency of the Matching Process: Exploring the Impact of Regional Employment Offices in Croatia," Working Papers 1204, The Institute of Economics, Zagreb.
- Aysun, Uluc & Bouvet, Florence & Hofler, Richard, 2014. "An alternative measure of structural unemployment," Economic Modelling, Elsevier, vol. 38(C), pages 592-603.
- Aomar Ibourk & BÃ©nÃ©dicte Maillard & Sergio Perelman & Henri Sneessens, 2004. "Aggregate Matching Efficiency: A Stochastic Production Frontier Approach, France 1990â€“1994," Empirica, Springer;Austrian Institute for Economic Research;Austrian Economic Association, vol. 31(1), pages 1-25, March.
- Altavilla, Carlo & Caroleo, Floro Ernesto, 2009. "Unintended Effects of National-based Active Labour Market Policies," IZA Discussion Papers 4045, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Cuéllar Martín, Jaime & Martín-Román, Ángel L. & Moral, Alfonso, 2017. "A composed error model decomposition and spatial analysis of local unemployment," MPRA Paper 79783, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Iva Tomić, 2014. "Regional matching (in)efficiency on the Croatian labour market," Acta Oeconomica, Akadémiai Kiadó, Hungary, vol. 64(3), pages 287-312, September.
More about this item
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:tpr:restat:v:73:y:1991:i:2:p:373-77. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Kristin Waites). General contact details of provider: http://mitpress.mit.edu/journals/ .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
We have no references for this item. You can help adding them by using this form .
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.