Cross-Scale Dynamics Of A Regional Urban System Through Time
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Rafael González‐Val, 2010. "The Evolution Of U.S. City Size Distribution From A Long‐Term Perspective (1900–2000)," Journal of Regional Science, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 50(5), pages 952-972, December.
- P.-Y. Henin & Jean-Paul Pollin, 1983. "Introduction," Post-Print halshs-00288183, HAL.
- Boris Portnov & Ben Reiser & Moshe Schwartz, 2012. "Does Gibrat’s law for cities hold when location counts?," The Annals of Regional Science, Springer;Western Regional Science Association, vol. 48(1), pages 151-178, February.
- Duncan Black & Vernon Henderson, 2003. "Urban evolution in the USA," Journal of Economic Geography, Oxford University Press, vol. 3(4), pages 343-372, October.
- Rafael GonzÃ¡lez-Val, 2011. "Deviations from Zipfâ€™s Law for American Cities," Urban Studies, Urban Studies Journal Limited, vol. 48(5), pages 1017-1035, April.
- Zengwang Xu & Robert Harriss, 2010. "A Spatial and Temporal Autocorrelated Growth Model for City Rankâ€”Size Distribution," Urban Studies, Urban Studies Journal Limited, vol. 47(2), pages 321-335, February.
- George A. Erickcek & Hannah McKinney, 2004. "Small Cities Blues: Looking for Growth Factors in Small and Medium-Sized Cities," Upjohn Working Papers and Journal Articles 04-100, W.E. Upjohn Institute for Employment Research.
- García, Jorge H. & Garmestani, Ahjond S. & Karunanithi, Arunprakash T., 2011.
"Threshold transitions in a regional urban system,"
Journal of Economic Behavior & Organization,
Elsevier, vol. 78(1-2), pages 152-159, April.
- Rafael, González-Val, 2008. "Deviations from Zipf’s Law for American cities: an empirical examination," MPRA Paper 11504, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Natália Barbosa & Vasco Eiriz, 2011. "Regional Variation of Firm Size and Growth: The Portuguese Case," Growth and Change, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 42(2), pages 125-158, June.
- Anderson, Gordon & Ge, Ying, 2005. "The size distribution of Chinese cities," Regional Science and Urban Economics, Elsevier, vol. 35(6), pages 756-776, November.
- Garmestani, Ahjond S. & Allen, Craig R. & Gallagher, Colin M., 2008. "Power laws, discontinuities and regional city size distributions," Journal of Economic Behavior & Organization, Elsevier, vol. 68(1), pages 209-216, October.
- Edward L Glaeser & Jesse M Shapiro, 2003. "Urban Growth in the 1990s: Is City Living Back?," Journal of Regional Science, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 43(1), pages 139-165.
- Alexandra Schaffar & Michel Dimou, 2012. "Rank-size City Dynamics in China and India, 1981--2004," Regional Studies, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 46(6), pages 707-721, August.
- Michel Dimou & Alexandra Schaffar, 2009. "Urban Hierarchies and City Growth in the Balkans," Urban Studies, Urban Studies Journal Limited, vol. 46(13), pages 2891-2906, December.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Shana M. Sundstrom & David G. Angeler & Ahjond S. Garmestani & Jorge H. García & Craig R. Allen, 2014. "Transdisciplinary Application of Cross-Scale Resilience," Sustainability, MDPI, Open Access Journal, vol. 6(10), pages 1-24, October.
- Dustin L. Herrmann & William D. Shuster & Audrey L. Mayer & Ahjond S. Garmestani, 2016. "Sustainability for Shrinking Cities," Sustainability, MDPI, Open Access Journal, vol. 8(9), pages 1-9, September.
More about this item
KeywordsURBAN SYSTEMS; CROSS-SCALE RESILIENCE; GROWTH RATES; CITY SIZE DISTRIBUTIONS; INFORMATION THEORY;
- R00 - Urban, Rural, Regional, Real Estate, and Transportation Economics - - General - - - General
- C02 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - General - - - Mathematical Economics
- J11 - Labor and Demographic Economics - - Demographic Economics - - - Demographic Trends, Macroeconomic Effects, and Forecasts
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:tou:journl:v:36:y:2012:p:55-77. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Christophe Van Huffel). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/letlnfr.html .