Investment style of Jordanian mutual funds
The study investigates the mutual funds investment style in the Jordanian context. It uses monthly returns of five mutual funds from July 2000 to December 2009. To do so, it employs the 4-factors model with explanatory variables the market portfolio return, a small minus large capitalization indicator variable, a high minus low book-to-market indicator variable, and a variable that account for momentum effect. These factors are used as benchmarks to investigate the investment style. The results indicate that mutual funds returns tend to follow those of the market portfolio. In terms of investment style, mutual funds managers tend to favor small capitalization stocks, past winners stocks, and low book-to-market ratio stocks, respectively.
Volume (Year): 5 (2012)
Issue (Month): 2 (August)
|Contact details of provider:|| Web page: http://ijbesar.teiemt.gr/|
More information through EDIRC
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Im, Kyung So & Pesaran, M. Hashem & Shin, Yongcheol, 2003.
"Testing for unit roots in heterogeneous panels,"
Journal of Econometrics,
Elsevier, vol. 115(1), pages 53-74, July.
- Tom Doan, . "IPSHIN: RATS procedure to implement Im, Pesaran and Shin panel unit root test," Statistical Software Components RTS00098, Boston College Department of Economics.
- Pasaran, M.H. & Im, K.S. & Shin, Y., 1995. "Testing for Unit Roots in Heterogeneous Panels," Cambridge Working Papers in Economics 9526, Faculty of Economics, University of Cambridge.
- Levin, Andrew & Lin, Chien-Fu & James Chu, Chia-Shang, 2002.
"Unit root tests in panel data: asymptotic and finite-sample properties,"
Journal of Econometrics,
Elsevier, vol. 108(1), pages 1-24, May.
- Tom Doan, . "LEVINLIN: RATS procedure to perform Levin-Lin-Chu test for unit roots in panel data," Statistical Software Components RTS00242, Boston College Department of Economics.
- Bulkley, George & Nawosah, Vivekanand, 2009. "Can the Cross-Sectional Variation in Expected Stock Returns Explain Momentum?," Journal of Financial and Quantitative Analysis, Cambridge University Press, vol. 44(04), pages 777-794, August.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:tei:journl:v:5:y:2012:i:2:p:113-127. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Kostas Stergidis)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.