Kalite Artislari ve Enflasyon : Turkiye Ornegi
In this study, average quality growth and upward inflation bias are estimated for a set of 51 goods by using six waves of TURKSTAT Household Budget Surveys from 2003 to 2008 and consumer prices in Turkey. Using instrumental variables approach suggested by Bils and Klenow (2001), the annual average quality growth for these items over this period is estimated to be 3.88 percent, of which 2.03 percentage points have shown up as in consumer price inflation.
Volume (Year): 11 (2011)
Issue (Month): 1 ()
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: Head Office, Istiklal Cad. 10 Ulus, 06100 Ankara|
Phone: (90 312) 507 5000
Fax: (90 312) 507 5640
Web page: http://www.tcmb.gov.tr/
More information through EDIRC
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Jerry Hausman, 2003. "Sources of Bias and Solutions to Bias in the Consumer Price Index," Journal of Economic Perspectives, American Economic Association, vol. 17(1), pages 23-44, Winter.
- Mark Bils & Peter J. Klenow, 2000.
"Quantifying Quality Growth,"
NBER Working Papers
7695, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Yavuz Arslan & Evren Ceritoglu, 2011.
"Quality Growth versus Inflation in Turkey,"
1121, Research and Monetary Policy Department, Central Bank of the Republic of Turkey.
- Irineu E de Carvalho Filho & Marcos d Chamon, 2008.
"The Myth of Post-Reform Income Stagnation; Evidence from Brazil and Mexico,"
IMF Working Papers
08/197, International Monetary Fund.
- Filho, Irineu de Carvalho & Chamon, Marcos, 2012. "The myth of post-reform income stagnation: Evidence from Brazil and Mexico," Journal of Development Economics, Elsevier, vol. 97(2), pages 368-386.
- de Carvalho Filho, Irineu & Chamon, Marcos, 2011. "The myth of post-reform income stagnation: Evidence from Brazil and Mexico," MPRA Paper 28532, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Brent R. Moulton & Karin E. Moses, 1997. "Addressing the Quality Change Issue in the Consumer Price Index," Brookings Papers on Economic Activity, Economic Studies Program, The Brookings Institution, vol. 28(1), pages 305-366.
- Mehmet Yörükoglu, 2010. "Difficulties in inflation measurement and monetary policy in emerging market economies," BIS Papers chapters, in: Bank for International Settlements (ed.), Measurement of inflation and the Philippine monetary policy framework, volume 49, pages 369-389 Bank for International Settlements.
- Bruce W. Hamilton, 2001. "Using Engel's Law to Estimate CPI Bias," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 91(3), pages 619-630, June.
- Fethi Ogunc, 2009. "Dayanikli Tuketim Mali Fiyat Dinamikleri," Working Papers 0908, Research and Monetary Policy Department, Central Bank of the Republic of Turkey.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:tcb:cebare:v:11:y:2011:i:1:p:1-9. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: ()or () or ()
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.