TCMB Faiz Kararlarinin Hisse Senedi Piyasalari Uzerine Etkisi
The transmission of policy decisions to financial markets is an integral part of the monetary transmission mechanism. However, one of the major problems in estimating the effect of monetary policy on asset prices is the simultaneous response of policy actions and the asset prices to each other. To overcome this problem, this study applies the heterokedasticity-based generalized method of moments (GMM) technique suggested by Rigobon and Sack (2004) to the Turkish stock market. The results show that an increase in the policy rate leads to a decline in stock prices, especially for the financial sector firms.
Volume (Year): 10 (2010)
Issue (Month): 2 ()
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: Head Office, Istiklal Cad. 10 Ulus, 06100 Ankara|
Phone: (90 312) 507 5000
Fax: (90 312) 507 5640
Web page: http://www.tcmb.gov.tr/
More information through EDIRC
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Michael Ehrmann & Marcel Fratzscher & Roberto Rigobon, 2011.
"Stocks, bonds, money markets and exchange rates: measuring international financial transmission,"
Journal of Applied Econometrics,
John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 26(6), pages 948-974, 09.
- Ehrmann, Michael & Fratzscher, Marcel & Rigobon, Roberto, 2005. "Stocks, bonds, money markets and exchange rates: measuring international financial transmission," Working Paper Series 452, European Central Bank.
- Michael Ehrmann & Marcel Fratzscher & Roberto Rigobon, 2005. "Stocks, Bonds, Money Markets and Exchange Rates: Measuring International Financial Transmission," NBER Working Papers 11166, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Zelal AKTAŞ & Harun ALP & Refet GÜRKAYNAK & Mehtap KESRİYELİ & Musa ORAK, 2009. "Türkiye'de para politikasının aktarımı: Para politikasının mali piyasalara etkisi," Iktisat Isletme ve Finans, Bilgesel Yayincilik, vol. 24(278), pages 9-24.
- Zelal Aktas & Harun Alp & Refet Gurkaynak & Mehtap Kesriyeli & Musa Orak, 2008. "Turkiye’de Para Politikasinin Aktarimi:Para Politikasinin Mali Piyasalara Etkisi," Working Papers 0811, Research and Monetary Policy Department, Central Bank of the Republic of Turkey.
- Rigobon, Roberto & Sack, Brian, 2004. "The impact of monetary policy on asset prices," Journal of Monetary Economics, Elsevier, vol. 51(8), pages 1553-1575, November.
- Roberto Rigobon & Brian P. Sack, 2002. "The Impact of Monetary Policy on Asset Prices," NBER Working Papers 8794, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Roberto Rigobon & Brian P. Sack, 2002. "The impact of monetary policy on asset prices," Finance and Economics Discussion Series 2002-4, Board of Governors of the Federal Reserve System (U.S.).
- Martin T. Bohl & Pierre L. Siklos & David Sondermann, 2008. "European Stock Markets and the ECB's Monetary Policy Surprises," International Finance, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 11(2), pages 117-130, 08.
- Kholodilin, Konstantin & Montagnoli, Alberto & Napolitano, Oreste & Siliverstovs, Boriss, 2009. "Assessing the impact of the ECB's monetary policy on the stock markets: A sectoral view," Economics Letters, Elsevier, vol. 105(3), pages 211-213, December.
- Konstantin A. Kholodilin & Alberto Montagnoli & Boriss Siliverstovs & Oreste Napolitano, 2008. "Assessing the Impact of the ECB's Monetary Policy on the Stock Markets: A Sectoral View," KOF Working papers 08-213, KOF Swiss Economic Institute, ETH Zurich.
- Konstantin Kholodilin & Alberto Montagnoli & Oreste Napolitano & Boriss Siliverstovs, 2008. "Assessing the Impact of the ECB's Monetary Policy on the Stock Markets: A Sectoral View," Discussion Papers of DIW Berlin 814, DIW Berlin, German Institute for Economic Research.
- Murat Duran & Refet Gurkaynak & Pinar Ozlu & Deren Unalmis, 2010. "TCMB Faiz Kararlarinin Piyasa Faizleri Ve Hisse Senedi Piyasalari Uzerine Etkisi," CBT Research Notes in Economics 1008, Research and Monetary Policy Department, Central Bank of the Republic of Turkey. Full references (including those not matched with items on IDEAS)