TCMB Faiz Kararlarinin Hisse Senedi Piyasalari Uzerine Etkisi
The transmission of policy decisions to financial markets is an integral part of the monetary transmission mechanism. However, one of the major problems in estimating the effect of monetary policy on asset prices is the simultaneous response of policy actions and the asset prices to each other. To overcome this problem, this study applies the heterokedasticity-based generalized method of moments (GMM) technique suggested by Rigobon and Sack (2004) to the Turkish stock market. The results show that an increase in the policy rate leads to a decline in stock prices, especially for the financial sector firms.
Volume (Year): 10 (2010)
Issue (Month): 2 ()
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: Head Office, Istiklal Cad. 10 Ulus, 06100 Ankara|
Phone: (90 312) 507 5000
Fax: (90 312) 507 5640
Web page: http://www.tcmb.gov.tr/
More information through EDIRC
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Ehrmann, Michael & Fratzscher, Marcel & Rigobon, Roberto, 2005.
"Stocks, bonds, money markets and exchange rates: measuring international financial transmission,"
Working Paper Series
0452, European Central Bank.
- Michael Ehrmann & Marcel Fratzscher & Roberto Rigobon, 2011. "Stocks, bonds, money markets and exchange rates: measuring international financial transmission," Journal of Applied Econometrics, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 26(6), pages 948-974, 09.
- Michael Ehrmann & Marcel Fratzscher & Roberto Rigobon, 2005. "Stocks, Bonds, Money Markets and Exchange Rates: Measuring International Financial Transmission," NBER Working Papers 11166, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Konstantin Kholodilin & Alberto Montagnoli & Oreste Napolitano & Boriss Siliverstovs, 2008.
"Assessing the Impact of the ECB's Monetary Policy on the Stock Markets: A Sectoral View,"
Discussion Papers of DIW Berlin
814, DIW Berlin, German Institute for Economic Research.
- Kholodilin, Konstantin & Montagnoli, Alberto & Napolitano, Oreste & Siliverstovs, Boriss, 2009. "Assessing the impact of the ECB's monetary policy on the stock markets: A sectoral view," Economics Letters, Elsevier, vol. 105(3), pages 211-213, December.
- Konstantin Kholodilin & Alberto Montagnoli & Oreste Napolitano & Boriss Siliverstovs, 2008. "Assessing the impact of the ECB’s monetary policy on the stock markets: A sectoral view," KOF Working papers 08-213, KOF Swiss Economic Institute, ETH Zurich.
- Roberto Rigobon & Brian P. Sack, 2002.
"The impact of monetary policy on asset prices,"
Finance and Economics Discussion Series
2002-4, Board of Governors of the Federal Reserve System (U.S.).
- Martin T. Bohl & Pierre L. Siklos & David Sondermann, 2008. "European Stock Markets and the ECB's Monetary Policy Surprises," International Finance, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 11(2), pages 117-130, 08.
- Zelal AKTAŞ & Harun ALP & Refet GÜRKAYNAK & Mehtap KESRİYELİ & Musa ORAK, 2009.
"Türkiye'de para politikasının aktarımı: Para politikasının mali piyasalara etkisi,"
Iktisat Isletme ve Finans,
Bilgesel Yayincilik, vol. 24(278), pages 9-24.
- Zelal Aktas & Harun Alp & Refet Gurkaynak & Mehtap Kesriyeli & Musa Orak, 2008. "Turkiye’de Para Politikasinin Aktarimi:Para Politikasinin Mali Piyasalara Etkisi," Working Papers 0811, Research and Monetary Policy Department, Central Bank of the Republic of Turkey.
- Murat Duran & Refet Gurkaynak & Pinar Ozlu & Deren Unalmis, 2010. "TCMB Faiz Kararlarinin Piyasa Faizleri Ve Hisse Senedi Piyasalari Uzerine Etkisi," CBT Research Notes in Economics 1008, Research and Monetary Policy Department, Central Bank of the Republic of Turkey.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:tcb:cebare:v:10:y:2010:i:2:p:23-32. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: ()or () or ()
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.