What kind of individual education for which type of regional innovative competence? An exploration of data on French industries
Hussler C. and Ronde P. (2005) What kind of individual education for which type of regional innovative competence? An exploration of data on French industries, Regional Studies 39 , 873-889. This paper tests the link between the educational structure and the industrial innovative potential of French regions. Its specificity lies, first, in using firms' competences to innovate to depict (qualitatively) the innovative potential of regions; and, second, in analysing the respective influences of several types of training and knowledge bases. Regions with efficient universities host technologically complex industries with numerous innovative competences. Besides, the influence of other levels and types of education varies with the kind of industry and the type of competence at stake. Thus, regions have to run specific educational policies if they want to attract innovative partners.
If you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
Volume (Year): 39 (2005)
Issue (Month): 7 ()
|Contact details of provider:|| Web page: http://www.tandfonline.com/CRES20 |
|Order Information:||Web: http://www.tandfonline.com/pricing/journal/CRES20|
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Jaffe, Adam B, 1989. "Real Effects of Academic Research," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 79(5), pages 957-70, December.
- Carrincazeaux, Christophe & Lung, Yannick & Rallet, Alain, 2001. "Proximity and localisation of corporate R&D activities," Research Policy, Elsevier, vol. 30(5), pages 777-789, May.
- Arora, Ashish & Gambardella, Alfonso, 1990. "Complementarity and External Linkages: The Strategies of the Large Firms in Biotechnology," Journal of Industrial Economics, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 38(4), pages 361-79, June.
- H. Kelejian, Harry & Prucha, Ingmar R., 2001. "On the asymptotic distribution of the Moran I test statistic with applications," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 104(2), pages 219-257, September.
- Cowan, Robin & Foray, Dominique, 1997. "The Economics of Codification and the Diffusion of Knowledge," Industrial and Corporate Change, Oxford University Press, vol. 6(3), pages 595-622, September.
- Xavier Pautrel, 2001. "Formation dans la production, capital humain, innovation et croissance," Économie et Prévision, Programme National Persée, vol. 150(4), pages 171-185.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:taf:regstd:v:39:y:2005:i:7:p:873-889. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Michael McNulty)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.