What kind of individual education for which type of regional innovative competence? An exploration of data on French industries
Hussler C. and Ronde P. (2005) What kind of individual education for which type of regional innovative competence? An exploration of data on French industries, Regional Studies 39 , 873-889. This paper tests the link between the educational structure and the industrial innovative potential of French regions. Its specificity lies, first, in using firms' competences to innovate to depict (qualitatively) the innovative potential of regions; and, second, in analysing the respective influences of several types of training and knowledge bases. Regions with efficient universities host technologically complex industries with numerous innovative competences. Besides, the influence of other levels and types of education varies with the kind of industry and the type of competence at stake. Thus, regions have to run specific educational policies if they want to attract innovative partners.
Volume (Year): 39 (2005)
Issue (Month): 7 ()
|Contact details of provider:|| Web page: http://www.tandfonline.com/CRES20|
|Order Information:||Web: http://www.tandfonline.com/pricing/journal/CRES20|
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Carrincazeaux, Christophe & Lung, Yannick & Rallet, Alain, 2001. "Proximity and localisation of corporate R&D activities," Research Policy, Elsevier, vol. 30(5), pages 777-789, May.
- Xavier Pautrel, 2001.
"Formation dans la production, capital humain, innovation et croissance,"
Économie et Prévision,
Programme National Persée, vol. 150(4), pages 171-185.
- Xavier Pautrel, 2001. "Formation dans la production, capital humain, innovation et croissance," Economie & Prévision, La Documentation Française, vol. 0(4), pages 171-185.
- Jaffe, Adam B, 1989. "Real Effects of Academic Research," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 79(5), pages 957-70, December.
- Arora, Ashish & Gambardella, Alfonso, 1990. "Complementarity and External Linkages: The Strategies of the Large Firms in Biotechnology," Journal of Industrial Economics, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 38(4), pages 361-79, June.
- H. Kelejian, Harry & Prucha, Ingmar R., 2001.
"On the asymptotic distribution of the Moran I test statistic with applications,"
Journal of Econometrics,
Elsevier, vol. 104(2), pages 219-257, September.
- Harry H. Kelejian & Ingmar R. Prucha, 1999. "On the Asymptotic Distribution of the Moran I Test Statistic with Applications," Electronic Working Papers 99-002, University of Maryland, Department of Economics.
- Cowan, Robin & Foray, Dominique, 1997. "The Economics of Codification and the Diffusion of Knowledge," Industrial and Corporate Change, Oxford University Press, vol. 6(3), pages 595-622, September.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:taf:regstd:v:39:y:2005:i:7:p:873-889. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Michael McNulty)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.