Thou shalt buy and hold
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Challet, Damien & Stinchcombe, Robin, 2001. "Analyzing and modeling 1+1d markets," Physica A: Statistical Mechanics and its Applications, Elsevier, vol. 300(1), pages 285-299.
- Eckhard Platen & Martin Schweizer, 1998. "On Feedback Effects from Hedging Derivatives," Mathematical Finance, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 8(1), pages 67-84.
- Kempf, Alexander & Korn, Olaf, 1999. "Market depth and order size1," Journal of Financial Markets, Elsevier, vol. 2(1), pages 29-48, February.
- Marco Avellaneda & Michael Lipkin, 2003. "A market-induced mechanism for stock pinning," Quantitative Finance, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 3(6), pages 417-425.
- Jean-Philippe Bouchaud & Marc Mezard & Marc Potters, 2002. "Statistical properties of stock order books: empirical results and models," Science & Finance (CFM) working paper archive 0203511, Science & Finance, Capital Fund Management.
- Xiaoyan Ni, Sophie & Pearson, Neil D. & Poteshman, Allen M., 2005. "Stock price clustering on option expiration dates," Journal of Financial Economics, Elsevier, vol. 78(1), pages 49-87, October.
- Jean-Philippe Bouchaud & Marc Mezard & Marc Potters, 2002. "Statistical properties of stock order books: empirical results and models," Quantitative Finance, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 2(4), pages 251-256.
- Giulia Iori & Carl Chiarella, 2002. "A simple microstructure model of double auction markets," Computing in Economics and Finance 2002 44, Society for Computational Economics.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- R'emy Chicheportiche & Jean-Philippe Bouchaud, 2013. "Some applications of first-passage ideas to finance," Papers 1306.3110, arXiv.org.
- Xiongfei Jian & Xun Li & Fahuai Yi, 2014. "Optimal Investment with Stopping in Finite Horizon," Papers 1406.6940, arXiv.org.
- Tim Leung & Xin Li & Zheng Wang, 2015. "Optimal Multiple Trading Times Under the Exponential OU Model with Transaction Costs," Papers 1504.04682, arXiv.org.
- Dmitry B. Rokhlin, 2016. "Minimax perfect stopping rules for selling an asset near its ultimate maximum," Papers 1601.00175, arXiv.org, revised Jul 2016.
- Tim Leung & Xin Li & Zheng Wang, 2014. "Optimal Starting-Stopping and Switching of a CIR Process with Fixed Costs," Papers 1411.6080, arXiv.org.
- repec:wsi:ijtafx:v:20:y:2017:i:03:n:s0219024917500182 is not listed on IDEAS
- Eddie C. M. Hui & Sheung-Chi Phillip Yam, 2014. "Can we beat the "buy-and-hold" strategy? Analysis on European and American securitized real estate indices," International Journal of Strategic Property Management, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 18(1), pages 28-37, March.
- Christoph Kuhn & Budhi Arta Surya & Bjorn Ulbricht, 2014. "Optimal Selling Time of a Stock under Capital Gains Taxes," Papers 1501.00026, arXiv.org.
- repec:spr:fininn:v:3:y:2017:i:1:d:10.1186_s40854-017-0080-y is not listed on IDEAS
- repec:kap:jrefec:v:56:y:2018:i:1:d:10.1007_s11146-016-9564-1 is not listed on IDEAS
- Eddie C. M. Hui & Sheung-Chi Phillip Yam & Si-Wei Chen, 2011. "Shiryaev-Zhou index -- a noble approach to benchmarking and analysis of real estate stocks," International Journal of Strategic Property Management, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 16(2), pages 158-172, September.
- Pieter C. Allaart, 2009. "A general "bang-bang" principle for predicting the maximum of a random walk," Papers 0910.0545, arXiv.org.
More about this item
KeywordsBlack-Scholes market; Optimal stopping; Buy and hold; Stock goodness index; Value function;
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:taf:quantf:v:8:y:2008:i:8:p:765-776. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Chris Longhurst). General contact details of provider: http://www.tandfonline.com/RQUF20 .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
We have no references for this item. You can help adding them by using this form .
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.