Volatility surfaces: theory, rules of thumb, and empirical evidence
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Ross, Stephen A., 1976.
"The arbitrage theory of capital asset pricing,"
Journal of Economic Theory,
Elsevier, vol. 13(3), pages 341-360, December.
- Stephen A. Ross, "undated". "The Arbitrage Theory of Capital Asset Pricing," Rodney L. White Center for Financial Research Working Papers 02-73, Wharton School Rodney L. White Center for Financial Research.
- Stephen A. Ross, "undated". "The Arbitrage Theory of Capital Asset Pricing," Rodney L. White Center for Financial Research Working Papers 2-73, Wharton School Rodney L. White Center for Financial Research.
- L. C. MacLean & W. T. Ziemba & G. Blazenko, 1992. "Growth Versus Security in Dynamic Investment Analysis," Management Science, INFORMS, vol. 38(11), pages 1562-1585, November.
- Y.M. Kabanov, 1999. "Hedging and liquidation under transaction costs in currency markets," Finance and Stochastics, Springer, vol. 3(2), pages 237-248.
- Igor V. Evstigneev & Klaus Rainer Schenk-Hoppï¿½, "undated". "From Rags to Riches: On Constant Proportions Investment Strategies," IEW - Working Papers 089, Institute for Empirical Research in Economics - University of Zurich.
- Igor Evstigneev & Dhruv Kapoor, 2009.
"Arbitrage in stationary markets,"
Decisions in Economics and Finance,
Springer;Associazione per la Matematica, vol. 32(1), pages 5-12, May.
- Igor Evstigneev & Dhruv Kapoor, "undated". "Arbitrage in Stationary Markets," Swiss Finance Institute Research Paper Series 07-32, Swiss Finance Institute.
- Igor Evstigneev & Dhruv Kapoor, 2006. "Arbitrage in stationary markets," The School of Economics Discussion Paper Series 0619, Economics, The University of Manchester.
- Fernholz, Robert & Shay, Brian, 1982. " Stochastic Portfolio Theory and Stock Market Equilibrium," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 37(2), pages 615-624, May.
- Huberman, Gur, 1982. "A simple approach to arbitrage pricing theory," Journal of Economic Theory, Elsevier, vol. 28(1), pages 183-191, October.
- Dries Darius & Aytac Ilhan & John Mulvey & Koray Simsek & Ronnie Sircar, 2002. "Trend-following hedge funds and multi-period asset allocation," Quantitative Finance, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 2(5), pages 354-361.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Jacinto Marabel Romo, 2012. "Volatility Regimes For The Vix Index," Revista de Economia Aplicada, Universidad de Zaragoza, Departamento de Estructura Economica y Economia Publica, vol. 20(2), pages 111-134, Autumn.
- Cristian Homescu, 2011. "Implied Volatility Surface: Construction Methodologies and Characteristics," Papers 1107.1834, arXiv.org.
- Matthias Fengler & Wolfgang Härdle & Enno Mammen, 2005. "A Dynamic Semiparametric Factor Model for Implied Volatility String Dynamics," SFB 649 Discussion Papers SFB649DP2005-020, Sonderforschungsbereich 649, Humboldt University, Berlin, Germany.
- Itkin, Andrey, 2015. "To sigmoid-based functional description of the volatility smile," The North American Journal of Economics and Finance, Elsevier, vol. 31(C), pages 264-291.
- Carr, Peter & Wu, Liuren, 2016. "Analyzing volatility risk and risk premium in option contracts: A new theory," Journal of Financial Economics, Elsevier, vol. 120(1), pages 1-20.
- Fengler, Matthias R. & Härdle, Wolfgang & Mammen, Enno, 2003. "Implied volatility string dynamics," SFB 373 Discussion Papers 2003,54, Humboldt University of Berlin, Interdisciplinary Research Project 373: Quantification and Simulation of Economic Processes.
- Frédéric Abergel & Riadh Zaatour, 2012. "What drives option prices ?," Post-Print hal-00687675, HAL.
- Wallmeier, Martin, 2012. "Smile in Motion: An Intraday Analysis of Asymmetric Implied Volatility," FSES Working Papers 427, Faculty of Economics and Social Sciences, University of Freiburg/Fribourg Switzerland.
- Carey, Alexander, 2010. "Higher-order volatility: time series," MPRA Paper 21087, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- repec:hal:wpaper:hal-00687675 is not listed on IDEAS
- repec:eee:ecmode:v:64:y:2017:i:c:p:295-301 is not listed on IDEAS
More about this item
KeywordsImplied volatility; Volatility surface; Dynamics; No-arbitrage; Empirical results;
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:taf:quantf:v:7:y:2007:i:5:p:507-524. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Chris Longhurst). General contact details of provider: http://www.tandfonline.com/RQUF20 .
We have no references for this item. You can help adding them by using this form .