The effect of trade policy reforms on labour markets: evidence from India
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Levinsohn, James, 1993.
"Testing the imports-as-market-discipline hypothesis,"
Journal of International Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 35(1-2), pages 1-22, August.
- Levinsohn, J., 1991. "Testing the Imports-As-Market-Discipline Hypothesis," Working Papers 272, Research Seminar in International Economics, University of Michigan.
- James Levinsohn, 1991. "Testing the Imports-as-Market-Discipline Hypothesis," NBER Working Papers 3657, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Devarajan, Shantayanan & Rodrik, Dani, 1991.
"Pro-competitive effects of trade reform : Results from a CGE model of Cameroon,"
European Economic Review,
Elsevier, vol. 35(5), pages 1157-1184, July.
- Shantayanan Devarajan & Dani Rodrik, 1989. "Pro-Competitive Effects of Trade Reform: Results from a CGE Model of Cameroon," NBER Working Papers 3176, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Harrison, Ann E., 1994. "Productivity, imperfect competition and trade reform : Theory and evidence," Journal of International Economics, Elsevier, vol. 36(1-2), pages 53-73, February.
- Noel Gaston & Daniel Trefler, 1994. "The Role of International Trade and Trade Policy in the Labour Markets of Canada and the United States," The World Economy, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 17(1), pages 45-62, January.
- Grossman, Gene M., 1986.
"Imports as a cause of injury: The case of the U.S. steel industry,"
Journal of International Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 20(3-4), pages 201-223, May.
- Gene M. Grossman, 1984. "Imports as a Cause of Injury: The Case of the U.S. Steel Industry," NBER Working Papers 1494, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Ana L. Revenga, 1992. "Exporting Jobs?The Impact of Import Competition on Employment and Wages in U. S. Manufacturing," The Quarterly Journal of Economics, Oxford University Press, vol. 107(1), pages 255-284.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Paolo Epifani, 2003.
"Trade liberalization, Firm Performances and Labor Market Outcomes in the Developing World, what Can We Learn From Micro-Level Data?,"
Rivista italiana degli economisti,
Società editrice il Mulino, issue 3, pages 455-486.
- Paolo Epifani, 2002. "Trade Liberalization, Firm Performance and Labour Market Outcomes in the Developing World: What Can We Learn from Micro-LevelData?," Development Working Papers 172, Centro Studi Luca d'Agliano, University of Milano.
- Paolo Epifani, 2002. "Trade Liberalization, Firm Performance and Labor Market Outcomes in the Developing World What Can We Learn From Micro-Level Data?," KITeS Working Papers 138, KITeS, Centre for Knowledge, Internationalization and Technology Studies, Universita' Bocconi, Milano, Italy, revised Feb 2003.
- Epifani, Paolo, 2003. "Trade liberalization, firm performance, and labor market outcomes in the developing world : what can we learn from micro-level data?," Policy Research Working Paper Series 3063, The World Bank.
- Nihar Shembavnekar, 2019. "Economic Reforms, Labour Markets and Formal Sector Employment: Evidence from India," Economies, MDPI, Open Access Journal, vol. 7(2), pages 1-42, April.
- Bushra Yasmin & Aliya H. Khan, 2011. "Trade Openness: New Evidence for Labor-Demand Elasticity in Pakistan's Manufacturing Sector," Lahore Journal of Economics, Department of Economics, The Lahore School of Economics, vol. 16(2), pages 55-85, Jul-Dec.
- Devashish Mitra, 2019.
"Responses to Trade Opening: Evidence and Lessons from Asia,"
- Mitra, Devashish, 2019. "Responses to Trade Opening: Evidence and Lessons from Asia," ADBI Working Papers 913, Asian Development Bank Institute.
- Rana Hasan, 2001. "The Impact of Trade and Labor Market Regulations on Employment and Wages: Evidence from Developing Countries," Economics Study Area Working Papers 32, East-West Center, Economics Study Area.
- Bushra Yasmin & Aliya H. Khan, 2005. "Trade Liberalisation and Labour Demand Elasticities: Empirical Evidence for Pakistan," The Pakistan Development Review, Pakistan Institute of Development Economics, vol. 44(4), pages 1067-1089.
- Johannes Fedderke & Yongcheol Shin & Prabhat Vaze, 2003. "Trade, Technology and Wage Inequality in the South African Manufacturing Sectors," ESE Discussion Papers 106, Edinburgh School of Economics, University of Edinburgh.
- Rana Hasan & Lan Chen, 2003. "Trade and Workers: Evidence from the Philippines," Economics Study Area Working Papers 61, East-West Center, Economics Study Area.
- Amitava K. Dutt & J. Mohan Rao, 2000. "Globalization and its Social Discontents: The Case of India," SCEPA working paper series. SCEPA's main areas of research are macroeconomic policy, inequality and poverty, and globalization. 2000-06, Schwartz Center for Economic Policy Analysis (SCEPA), The New School.
- Devashish Mitra, 2001. "Trade Liberalization, Labor Markets and Imperfect Competition," Economics Study Area Working Papers 29, East-West Center, Economics Study Area.
- Haouas, Ilham & Yagoubi, Mahmoud, 2004. "Trade Liberalization and Labor-Demand Elasticities: Empirical Evidence from Tunisia," IZA Discussion Papers 1084, Institute of Labor Economics (IZA).
- Krishna, Pravin & Mitra, Devashish & Chinoy, Sajjid, 2001. "Trade liberalization and labor demand elasticities: evidence from Turkey," Journal of International Economics, Elsevier, vol. 55(2), pages 391-409, December.
- Ilham Haouas & Mahmoud Yagoubi, 2004. "Trade liberalization and demand labor elasticities : evidence from Tunisia," Documents de travail 94, Groupe d'Economie du Développement de l'Université Montesquieu Bordeaux IV.
More about this item
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:taf:jitecd:v:6:y:1997:i:2:p:287-297. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Chris Longhurst). General contact details of provider: http://www.tandfonline.com/RJTE20 .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.