Performances and spending efficiency in higher education: a European comparison through non-parametric approaches
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- repec:lan:wpaper:1118 is not listed on IDEAS
- repec:lan:wpaper:1041 is not listed on IDEAS
- Philippe Aghion & Mathias Dewatripont & Caroline Hoxby & Andreu Mas-Colell & André Sapir, .
"Higher aspirations: an agenda for reforming European universities,"
Bruegel, number 1.
- André Sapir & Philippe Aghion & Mathias Dewatripont & Andreu Mas-Colell, 2008. "Higher aspirations: An agenda for reforming European universities," ULB Institutional Repository 2013/174284, ULB -- Universite Libre de Bruxelles.
- J Johnes, 2006. "Efficiency and productivity change in the English higher education sector from 1996/97 to 2002/03," Working Papers 575369, Lancaster University Management School, Economics Department.
- repec:lan:wpaper:1055 is not listed on IDEAS
- repec:lan:wpaper:1040 is not listed on IDEAS
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Barra, Cristian & Lagravinese, Raffaele & Zotti, Roberto, 2015. "Explaining (in)efficiency in higher education: a comparison of parametric and non-parametric analyses to rank universities," MPRA Paper 67119, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Kristof de Witte & Laura López-Torres, 2015. "Efficiency in Education. A Review of Literature and a Way Forward," Working Papers 1501, Departament Empresa, Universitat Autònoma de Barcelona, revised Apr 2015.
- Agasisti, Tommaso & Gralka, Sabine, 2017. "The transient and persistent efficiency of Italian and German universities: A stochastic frontier analysis," CEPIE Working Papers 14/17, Technische Universität Dresden, Center of Public and International Economics (CEPIE).
- Alexey A. Egorov & Oleg V. Leshukov & Alexander D. Gromov, 2017. "The Role of Universities in Economic Development of Russian Regions," HSE Working papers WP BRP 41/EDU/2017, National Research University Higher School of Economics.
- Tommaso Agasisti & Giuseppe Munda, 2017. "Efficiency of investment in compulsory education: An Overview of Methodological Approaches," JRC Working Papers JRC106681, Joint Research Centre (Seville site).
- Wolszczak, Joanna, 2014. "An evaluation and explanation of (in)efficiency in higher education institutions in Europe and the U.S. with the application of two-stage semi-parametric DEA," Institute for Research on Labor and Employment, Working Paper Series qt7c87d4hk, Institute of Industrial Relations, UC Berkeley.
- Mariana Cunha & Vera Rocha, 2012. "On the Efficiency of Public Higher Education Institutions in Portugal: An Exploratory Study," FEP Working Papers 468, Universidade do Porto, Faculdade de Economia do Porto.
- Zotti, Roberto & Barra, Cristian, 2014. "Human capital development, knowledge spillovers and local growth: Is there a quality effect of university efﬁciency?," MPRA Paper 60065, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Ruxandra CIULU & Olesia MIHAI, 2012. "The Role Of Strategy In Achieving Performance And International Recognition – The Case Of Romanian Advanced Research Universities," Review of Economic and Business Studies, Alexandru Ioan Cuza University, Faculty of Economics and Business Administration, issue 9, pages 137-157, June.
- Cristian Barra & Roberto Zotti, 2016. "Measuring Efficiency in Higher Education: An Empirical Study Using a Bootstrapped Data Envelopment Analysis," International Advances in Economic Research, Springer;International Atlantic Economic Society, vol. 22(1), pages 11-33, February.
- repec:eee:soceps:v:62:y:2018:i:c:p:104-120 is not listed on IDEAS
- Tommaso Agasisti & Ralph Hippe & Giuseppe Munda, 2017. "Efficiency of investment in compulsory education: empirical analyses in Europe," JRC Working Papers JRC106678, Joint Research Centre (Seville site).
- repec:pal:jorsoc:v:68:y:2017:i:4:d:10.1057_jors.2016.15 is not listed on IDEAS
- Barra, Cristian & Zotti, Roberto, 2014. "Handling negative data using Data Envelopment Analysis: a directional distance approach applied to higher education," MPRA Paper 55570, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- repec:eee:respol:v:46:y:2017:i:9:p:1595-1605 is not listed on IDEAS
- repec:pal:jorsoc:v:68:y:2017:i:9:d:10.1057_s41274-017-0207-6 is not listed on IDEAS
More about this item
Keywordsefficiency analysis; higher education; public spending; data envelopment analysis;
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:taf:edecon:v:19:y:2011:i:2:p:199-224. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Chris Longhurst). General contact details of provider: http://www.tandfonline.com/CEDE20 .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.