The value of reducing fear: an analysis using the European Social Survey
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Lelkes, Orsolya, 2006.
"Knowing what is good for you: Empirical analysis of personal preferences and the "objective good","
Journal of Behavioral and Experimental Economics (formerly The Journal of Socio-Economics),
Elsevier, vol. 35(2), pages 285-307, April.
- Orsolya Lelkes, 2004. "Knowing what is good for you. Empirical analysis of personal preferences and the “objective good”," Others 0410010, EconWPA.
- Orsolya Lelkes, 2005. "Knowing what is good for you. Empirical analysis of personal preferences and the “objective good”," Others 0502008, EconWPA.
- Orsolya Lelkes, 2005. "Knowing what is good for you. Empirical analysis of personal preferences and the 'objective good'," Others 0502002, EconWPA.
- Orsolya Lelkes, 2005. "Knowing what is good for you: Empirical analysis of personal preferences and the 'objective good'," CASE Papers 094, Centre for Analysis of Social Exclusion, LSE.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Cheng, Zhiming & Smyth, Russell, 2015.
"Crime victimization, neighborhood safety and happiness in China,"
Elsevier, vol. 51(C), pages 424-435.
- Zhiming Cheng & Russell Smyth, 2015. "Crime Victimization, Neighbourhood Safety and Happiness in China," Monash Economics Working Papers 08-15, Monash University, Department of Economics.
- repec:spr:jhappi:v:19:y:2018:i:1:d:10.1007_s10902-016-9814-1 is not listed on IDEAS
- Mark A. Cohen, 2008. "The Effect of Crime on Life Satisfaction," The Journal of Legal Studies, University of Chicago Press, vol. 37(S2), pages 325-353, June.
- Christopher Ambrey & Christopher Fleming & Matthew Manning, 2014. "Perception or Reality, What Matters Most When it Comes to Crime in Your Neighbourhood?," Social Indicators Research: An International and Interdisciplinary Journal for Quality-of-Life Measurement, Springer, vol. 119(2), pages 877-896, November.
- Stéphane Mahuteau & Rong Zhu, 2016.
"Crime Victimisation and Subjective Well‐Being: Panel Evidence From Australia,"
John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 25(11), pages 1448-1463, November.
- Mahuteau, Stéphane & Zhu, Rong, 2015. "Crime Victimisation and Subjective Well-Being: Panel Evidence from Australia," IZA Discussion Papers 9253, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Adriana Villamarin Garcia, 2011. "Prevenir y calcular una estimacion de los costos de la violencia homicida en Colombia," DOCUMENTOS DE CERAC 009108, CERAC -CENTRO DE RECURSOS PARA EL ANÁLISIS DE CONFLICTOS-.
- Christopher L Ambrey & Christopher M Fleming & Matthew Manning, 2013. "The life satisfaction approach to estimating the cost of crime: An individual's willingness-to-pay for crime reduction," Discussion Papers in Economics economics:201301, Griffith University, Department of Accounting, Finance and Economics.
- Johnston, David W. & Shields, Michael A. & Suziedelyte, Agne, 2015. "Victimisation, Wellbeing and Compensation: Using Panel Data to Estimate the Costs of Violent Crime," IZA Discussion Papers 9311, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Adriana Villamarín García, 2011. "Prevenir y calcular: una estimación de los costos de la violencia homicida en Colombia," VNIVERSITAS ECONÓMICA 008873, UNIVERSIDAD JAVERIANA - BOGOTÁ.
- Brenig, Mattheus & Proeger, Till, 2016. "Putting a price tag on security: Subjective well-being and willingness-to-pay for crime reduction in Europe," Center for European, Governance and Economic Development Research Discussion Papers 278, University of Goettingen, Department of Economics.
- Iddisah Sulemana, 2015. "The Effect of Fear of Crime and Crime Victimization on Subjective Well-Being in Africa," Social Indicators Research: An International and Interdisciplinary Journal for Quality-of-Life Measurement, Springer, vol. 121(3), pages 849-872, April.
More about this item
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:taf:applec:v:38:y:2006:i:1:p:115-117. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Chris Longhurst). General contact details of provider: http://www.tandfonline.com/RAEC20 .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.