An analysis of a panel of Spanish GDP forecasts
This article undertakes an analysis of the forecasts included in the Panel of Spanish Forecasts in order to highlight the fact that the predictions made and the errors committed by the entities participating on this panel contain information that is particularly useful in analysing the evolution of the Spanish economy. Here, a study is undertaken of the GDP growth forecasts for the Spanish economy for the period 2000 to 2002 made in distinct forecast time horizons. Specifically, it analyses whether the forecasts are optimistic or pessimistic and whether new information concerning the variable being predicted is used efficiently in revising earlier forecasts.
Volume (Year): 38 (2006)
Issue (Month): 11 ()
|Contact details of provider:|| Web page: http://www.tandfonline.com/RAEC20|
|Order Information:||Web: http://www.tandfonline.com/pricing/journal/RAEC20|
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Masahiro Ashiya, 2003. "The directional accuracy of 15-months-ahead forecasts made by the IMF," Applied Economics Letters, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 10(6), pages 331-333.
- Fildes, Robert & Stekler, Herman, 2002. "The state of macroeconomic forecasting," Journal of Macroeconomics, Elsevier, vol. 24(4), pages 435-468, December.
- Loffler, Gunter, 1998. "Biases in analyst forecasts: cognitive, strategic or second-best?," International Journal of Forecasting, Elsevier, vol. 14(2), pages 261-275, June.
- Frederick Joutz & H. O. Stekler, 1998. "Data revisions and forecasting," Applied Economics, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 30(8), pages 1011-1016.
- Tilman Ehrbeck & Robert Waldmann, 1996. "Why Are Professional Forecasters Biased? Agency versus Behavioral Explanations," The Quarterly Journal of Economics, Oxford University Press, vol. 111(1), pages 21-40.
- Ashiya, Masahiro, 2003. "Testing the rationality of Japanese GDP forecasts: the sign of forecast revision matters," Journal of Economic Behavior & Organization, Elsevier, vol. 50(2), pages 263-269, February.
- Gregory, Allan W. & Yetman, James, 2004. "The evolution of consensus in macroeconomic forecasting," International Journal of Forecasting, Elsevier, vol. 20(3), pages 461-473.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:taf:applec:v:38:y:2006:i:11:p:1287-1292. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Michael McNulty)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.