Effects of income inequality on population health: new evidence from the european community household panel
This study provides new evidence in order to explore the relationship between income inequality and health in the European Union countries using new data from the European Community Household Panel (ECHP). A variety of different specifications were tried using diverse dependent variables such as life expectancy at birth and child mortality. The results show new support to the influence of income inequality on health indicators using aggregate data and panel techniques.
Volume (Year): 37 (2005)
Issue (Month): 1 ()
|Contact details of provider:|| Web page: http://www.tandfonline.com/RAEC20|
|Order Information:||Web: http://www.tandfonline.com/pricing/journal/RAEC20|
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Gravelle, Hugh & Wildman, John & Sutton, Matthew, 2002.
"Income, income inequality and health: what can we learn from aggregate data?,"
Social Science & Medicine,
Elsevier, vol. 54(4), pages 577-589, February.
- Hugh Gravelle & John Wildman & Matthew Sutton, . "Income, Income Inequality and Health: What can we Learn from Aggregate Data?," Discussion Papers 00/26, Department of Economics, University of York.
- repec:cup:cbooks:9780521296762 is not listed on IDEAS
- Angus Deaton, 1999.
"Inequalities in Income and Inequalities in Health,"
NBER Working Papers
7141, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- John Wildman & Hugh Gravelle & Matthew Sutton, 2003. "Health and income inequality: attempting to avoid the aggregation problem," Applied Economics, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 35(9), pages 999-1004.
- Eddy van Doorslaer & Xander Koolman, 2004. "Explaining the differences in income-related health inequalities across European countries," Health Economics, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 13(7), pages 609-628.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:taf:applec:v:37:y:2005:i:1:p:87-91. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Michael McNulty)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.