Child mortaility, poverty and environment in developing countries
No abstract is available for this item.
|Date of creation:||15 Dec 2005|
|Date of revision:|
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: |
Phone: 01334 462420
Fax: 01334 462444
Web page: http://www.st-andrews.ac.uk/economics/
More information through EDIRC
|Order Information:|| Email: |
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Pradhan, Menno & Sahn, David E. & Younger, Stephen D., 2003.
"Decomposing world health inequality,"
Journal of Health Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 22(2), pages 271-293, March.
- Anker, Richard, 1978. "An Analysis of Fertility Differentials in Developing Countries," The Review of Economics and Statistics, MIT Press, vol. 60(1), pages 58-69, February.
- Lucia Hanmer & Robert Lensink & Howard White, 2003. "Infant and child mortality in developing countries: Analysing the data for Robust determinants," Journal of Development Studies, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 40(1), pages 101-118.
- John Wildman, 2001. "The impact of income inequality on individual and societal health: absolute income, relative income and statistical artefacts," Health Economics, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 10(4), pages 357-361.
- Joyce, Theodore J. & Grossman, Michael & Goldman, Fred, 1989.
"An assessment of the benefits of air pollution control: The case of infant health,"
Journal of Urban Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 25(1), pages 32-51, January.
- Theodore J. Joyce & Michael Grossman & Fred Goldman, 1986. "An Assessment of the Benefits of Air Pollution Control: The Case of Infant Health," NBER Working Papers 1928, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- John Wildman & Hugh Gravelle & Matthew Sutton, 2003. "Health and income inequality: attempting to avoid the aggregation problem," Applied Economics, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 35(9), pages 999-1004.
- Shaohua Chen & Martin Ravallion, 2004.
"How Have the World's Poorest Fared since the Early 1980s?,"
World Bank Research Observer,
World Bank Group, vol. 19(2), pages 141-169.
- Chen, Shaohua & Ravallion, Martin, 2004. "How Have the World's Poorest Fared Since the Early 1980s?," Policy Research Working Paper Series 3341, The World Bank.
- Amartya Sen, 1995.
"Mortality as an Indicator of Economic Success and Failure,"
innlec95/2, Innocenti Lectures.
- Sen, Amartya, 1998. "Mortality as an Indicator of Economic Success and Failure," Economic Journal, Royal Economic Society, vol. 108(446), pages 1-25, January.
- Filmer, Deon & Pritchett, Lant, 1999. "The impact of public spending on health: does money matter?," Social Science & Medicine, Elsevier, vol. 49(10), pages 1309-1323, November.
- Jane Falkingham, 2000. "From Security to Uncertainty: The impact of economic change on child welfare in central Asia," Papers inwopa00/5, Innocenti Working Papers.
- Common,Michael & Stagl,Sigrid, 2005. "Ecological Economics," Cambridge Books, Cambridge University Press, number 9780521816458.
- repec:tpr:qjecon:v:107:y:1992:i:4:p:1283-302 is not listed on IDEAS
- Mohammed Zakir & Phanindra Wunnava, 1999. "Factors affecting infant mortality rates: evidence from cross-sectional data," Applied Economics Letters, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 6(5), pages 271-273.
- Schultz, T Paul, 1978. "Fertility and Child Mortality over the Life Cycle: Aggregate and Individual Evidence," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 68(2), pages 208-15, May.
- Becker, Gary S & Lewis, H Gregg, 1973. "On the Interaction between the Quantity and Quality of Children," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 81(2), pages S279-88, Part II, .
- Reddy, V. Ratna & Behera, Bhagirath, 2006. "Impact of water pollution on rural communities: An economic analysis," Ecological Economics, Elsevier, vol. 58(3), pages 520-537, June.
- Common,Michael & Stagl,Sigrid, 2005. "Ecological Economics," Cambridge Books, Cambridge University Press, number 9780521016704.
- Filmer, Deon & Hammer, Jeffrey S & Pritchett, Lant H, 2000. "Weak Links in the Chain: A Diagnosis of Health Policy in Poor Countries," World Bank Research Observer, World Bank Group, vol. 15(2), pages 199-224, August.
- Nadezhda Aleshina & Gerry Redmond & UNICEF Innocenti Research Centre. MONEE project, 2003. "How High is Infant Mortality in Central and Eastern Europe and the CIS?," Papers inwopa03/26, Innocenti Working Papers.
- Gravelle, H.S.E. & Backhouse, M.E., 1987. "International cross-section analysis of the determination of mortality," Social Science & Medicine, Elsevier, vol. 25(5), pages 427-441, January.
- Gravelle, Hugh & Wildman, John & Sutton, Matthew, 2002.
"Income, income inequality and health: what can we learn from aggregate data?,"
Social Science & Medicine,
Elsevier, vol. 54(4), pages 577-589, February.
- Hugh Gravelle & John Wildman & Matthew Sutton, . "Income, Income Inequality and Health: What can we Learn from Aggregate Data?," Discussion Papers 00/26, Department of Economics, University of York.
- Conger, Darius J & Campbell, John M, Jr, 1978. "Simultaneity in the Birth Rate Equation: The Effects of Education, Labor Force Participation, Income and Health," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 46(3), pages 631-41, May.
- Sonalde Desai & Soumya Alva, 1998. "Maternal education and child health: Is there a strong causal relationship?," Demography, Springer, vol. 35(1), pages 71-81, February.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:san:wpecon:0518. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (the School of Economics)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.