Credit channel of monetary policy in Japan: resolving the supply versus demand puzzle
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Bennett T. McCallum, 1999. "Recent developments in the analysis of monetary policy rules," Review, Federal Reserve Bank of St. Louis, issue Nov, pages 3-12.
- Bernanke, Ben S & Blinder, Alan S, 1992.
"The Federal Funds Rate and the Channels of Monetary Transmission,"
American Economic Review,
American Economic Association, vol. 82(4), pages 901-921, September.
- Ben S. Bernanke & Alan S. Blinder, 1989. "The federal funds rate and the channels of monetary transmission," Working Papers 89-10, Federal Reserve Bank of Philadelphia.
- Ben Bernanke, 1990. "The Federal Funds Rate and the Channels of Monetary Transnission," NBER Working Papers 3487, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Kasa, Ken & Popper, Helen, 1997.
"Monetary Policy in Japan: A Structural VAR Analysis,"
Journal of the Japanese and International Economies,
Elsevier, vol. 11(3), pages 275-295, September.
- Kenneth Kasa & Helen Popper, 1995. "Monetary policy in Japan: a structural VAR analysis," Pacific Basin Working Paper Series 95-12, Federal Reserve Bank of San Francisco.
- Oliner, Stephen D & Rudebusch, Glenn D, 1996. "Monetary Policy and Credit Conditions: Evidence from the Composition of External Finance: Comment," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 86(1), pages 300-309, March.
- Anil K. Kashyap & Jeremy C. Stein, 1994. "Monetary Policy and Bank Lending," NBER Chapters,in: Monetary Policy, pages 221-261 National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Bernanke, Ben & Gertler, Mark, 1989. "Agency Costs, Net Worth, and Business Fluctuations," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 79(1), pages 14-31, March.
- Kashyap, Anil K & Stein, Jeremy C & Wilcox, David W, 1993.
"Monetary Policy and Credit Conditions: Evidence from the Composition of External Finance,"
American Economic Review,
American Economic Association, vol. 83(1), pages 78-98, March.
- Anil K. Kashyap & Jeremy C. Stein & David W. Wilcox, 1991. "Monetary policy and credit conditions: evidence from the composition of external finance," Finance and Economics Discussion Series 154, Board of Governors of the Federal Reserve System (U.S.).
- Anil K. Kashyap & Jeremy C. Stein & David W. Wilcox, 1992. "Monetary Policy and Credit Conditions: Evidence From the Composition of External Finance," NBER Working Papers 4015, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Kazuo Ueda, 1993. "A Comparative Perspective on Japanese Monetary Policy: Short-Run Monetary Control and the Transmission Mechanism," NBER Chapters,in: Japanese Monetary Policy, pages 7-30 National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Stiglitz, Joseph E & Weiss, Andrew, 1981. "Credit Rationing in Markets with Imperfect Information," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 71(3), pages 393-410, June.
- N. Gregory Mankiw, 1994. "Monetary Policy," NBER Books, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc, number greg94-1.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Yu Hsing, 2014. "Test of the bank lending channel: the case of US consumer loans," Applied Economics Letters, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 21(7), pages 466-469, May.
- Yu Hsing, 2014. "Monetary Policy Transmission and Bank Lending In South Korea and Policy Implications," Asian Economic and Financial Review, Asian Economic and Social Society, vol. 4(11), pages 1674-1680, November.
- Aleem, Abdul, 2010. "Transmission mechanism of monetary policy in India," Journal of Asian Economics, Elsevier, vol. 21(2), pages 186-197, April.
- Masahiko Shibamoto & Minoru Tachibana, 2014.
"Individual Stock Returns and Monetary Policy: Evidence from Japanese Data,"
The Japanese Economic Review,
Japanese Economic Association, vol. 65(3), pages 375-396, September.
- Masahiko Shibamoto & Minoru Tachibana, 2010. "Individual Stock Returns and Monetary Policy: Evidence from Japanese Data," Discussion Paper Series DP2010-07, Research Institute for Economics & Business Administration, Kobe University.
- Burgstaller Johann, 2010. "Bank Lending and Monetary Policy Transmission in Austria," Journal of Economics and Statistics (Jahrbuecher fuer Nationaloekonomie und Statistik), De Gruyter, vol. 230(2), pages 163-185, April.
- Abdurrahman Nazif Çatik & Mehmet Karaçuka, 2012.
"The bank lending channel in Turkey: has it changed after the low-inflation regime?,"
Applied Economics Letters,
Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 19(13), pages 1237-1242, September.
- Catik, A. Nazif & Karaçuka, Mehmet, 2011. "The bank lending channel in Turkey: Has it changed after the low inflation regime?," DICE Discussion Papers 32, University of Düsseldorf, Düsseldorf Institute for Competition Economics (DICE).
- Yu Hsing & Wen-jen Hsieh, 2014. "Test of the Bank Lending Channel for a BRICS Country," Asian Economic and Financial Review, Asian Economic and Social Society, vol. 4(8), pages 1016-1023, August.
- Yu HSING, 2014. "Test of the bank lending channel: The case of Hungary," Theoretical and Applied Economics, Asociatia Generala a Economistilor din Romania - AGER, vol. 0(1(590)), pages 115-120, January.
- Jui-Chuan Della Chang, 2013. "Identifying the bank lending channel in a small open economy," Economics Bulletin, AccessEcon, vol. 33(2), pages 1632-1640.
- Leonardo Becchetti & Melody Garcia & Giovanni Trovato, 2009. "Credit rationing and credit view: empirical evidence from loan data," CEIS Research Paper 144, Tor Vergata University, CEIS, revised 30 Sep 2009.
- repec:tei:journl:v:11:y:2017:i:1:p:42-51 is not listed on IDEAS
- Maslov, Alexander, 2011. "Inflationary Handicap Of The Monetary Transmission Mechanism: Evidence From Russia," MPRA Paper 50036, University Library of Munich, Germany, revised 12 Apr 2012.
More about this item
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:taf:applec:v:36:y:2004:i:21:p:2385-2396. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Chris Longhurst). General contact details of provider: http://www.tandfonline.com/RAEC20 .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.