University quality and labour market outcomes
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Belfield, C. R. & Fielding, A., 2001. "Measuring the relationship between resources and outcomes in higher education in the UK," Economics of Education Review, Elsevier, vol. 20(6), pages 589-602, December.
- Kevin Denny & Colm Harmon, 2000.
"Education policy reform and the return to schooling from instrumental variables,"
200012, School of Economics, University College Dublin.
- Denny, Kevin & Harmon, Colm, 2000. "Education Policy Reform and the Return to Schooling from Instrumental Variables," CEPR Discussion Papers 2518, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Kevin Denny & Colm Harmon, 2000. "Education policy reform and the return to schooling from instrumental variables," Open Access publications 10197/653, School of Economics, University College Dublin.
- Denny, K.J. & Harmon, C.P., 2000. "Education Policy Reform and the Return to Schooling from Instrumental Variables," Papers 00/12, College Dublin, Department of Political Economy-.
- Kevin J. Denny & Colm P. Harmon, 2000. "Education Policy Reform and the Return to Schooling from Instrumental Variabes," Econometric Society World Congress 2000 Contributed Papers 1422, Econometric Society.
- Kevin Denny & Harmon, Harmon, 2000. "Education policy reform and the return to schooling from instrumental variables," IFS Working Papers W00/06, Institute for Fiscal Studies.
- Arnaud Chevalier, 2000. "Graduate over-education in the UK," CEE Discussion Papers 0007, Centre for the Economics of Education, LSE.
- Dolton, Peter & Vignoles, Anna, 2000. "The incidence and effects of overeducation in the U.K. graduate labour market," Economics of Education Review, Elsevier, vol. 19(2), pages 179-198, April.
- Jeff Grogger & Eric Eide, 1995. "Changes in College Skills and the Rise in the College Wage Premium," Journal of Human Resources, University of Wisconsin Press, vol. 30(2), pages 280-310.
- James, Estelle, et al, 1989. "College Quality and Future Earnings: Where Should You Send Your Child to College?," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 79(2), pages 247-252, May.
- Heckman, James, 2013. "Sample selection bias as a specification error," Applied Econometrics, Publishing House "SINERGIA PRESS", vol. 31(3), pages 129-137.
- Robst, John, 1995. "College quality and overeducation," Economics of Education Review, Elsevier, vol. 14(3), pages 221-228, September.
- Groot, Wim & Maassen van den Brink, Henriette, 2000. "Overeducation in the labor market: a meta-analysis," Economics of Education Review, Elsevier, vol. 19(2), pages 149-158, April.
- Cohn, Elchanan & Khan, Shahina P., 1995. "The wage effects of overschooling revisited," Labour Economics, Elsevier, vol. 2(1), pages 67-76, March.
- Sicherman, Nachum, 1991.
""Overeducation" in the Labor Market,"
Journal of Labor Economics, University of Chicago Press, vol. 9(2), pages 101-122, April.
- Nachum Sicherman, 1987. "Over-Education in the Labor Market," University of Chicago - George G. Stigler Center for Study of Economy and State 48, Chicago - Center for Study of Economy and State.
- S. Mcguinness, 2003. "Graduate overeducation as a sheepskin effect: evidence from Northern Ireland," Applied Economics, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 35(5), pages 597-608.
- Michael Spence, 1973. "Job Market Signaling," The Quarterly Journal of Economics, Oxford University Press, vol. 87(3), pages 355-374.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Zara Daghbashyan & Björn Hårsman, 2014.
"University choice and entrepreneurship,"
Small Business Economics, Springer, vol. 42(4), pages 729-746, April.
- Daghbashyan, Zara & Hårsman, Björn, 2012. "University choice and entrepreneurship," Working Paper Series in Economics and Institutions of Innovation 292, Royal Institute of Technology, CESIS - Centre of Excellence for Science and Innovation Studies.
- Daniel Erdsiek, 2016.
"Overqualification of graduates: assessing the role of family background [Überqualifikation von Hochschulabsolventen: Welche Rolle spielt der familiäre Hintergrund?],"
Journal for Labour Market Research, Springer;Institute for Employment Research/ Institut für Arbeitsmarkt- und Berufsforschung (IAB), vol. 49(3), pages 253-268, November.
- Erdsiek, Daniel, 2014. "Overqualification of graduates: Assessing the role of family background," ZEW Discussion Papers 14-130, ZEW - Leibniz Centre for European Economic Research.
- Sandulli, Francesco D. & Baker, Paul M.A. & López-Sánchez, José I., 2013. "Can small and medium enterprises benefit from skill-biased technological change?," Journal of Business Research, Elsevier, vol. 66(10), pages 1976-1982.
- Koda, Yoshiko & Yuki, Takako, 2013. "The labor market outcomes of two forms of cross-border higher education degree programs between Malaysia and Japan," International Journal of Educational Development, Elsevier, vol. 33(4), pages 367-379.
- Ordine, Patrizia & Rose, Giuseppe, 2011. "Inefficient self-selection into education and wage inequality," Economics of Education Review, Elsevier, vol. 30(4), pages 582-597, August.
- Aina, Carmen & Casalone, Giorgia, 2020. "Early labor market outcomes of university graduates: Does time to degree matter?," Socio-Economic Planning Sciences, Elsevier, vol. 71(C).
- Perkmann, Markus & King, Zella & Pavelin, Stephen, 2011. "Engaging excellence? Effects of faculty quality on university engagement with industry," Research Policy, Elsevier, vol. 40(4), pages 539-552, May.
- Koda, Yoshiko & Yuki, Takako, 2012. "The Labor Market Outcomes of Two Forms of Cross-Border Higher Education Degree Programs between Malaysia and Japan," Working Papers 41, JICA Research Institute.
- Christina Neeß, 2015. "Worauf achten Arbeitgeber im Auswahlprozess von Absolventen wirtschaftswissenschaftlicher Studiengänge? Ergebnisse eines faktoriellen Surveys [What do employers look for during the selection proces," Journal for Labour Market Research, Springer;Institute for Employment Research/ Institut für Arbeitsmarkt- und Berufsforschung (IAB), vol. 48(4), pages 305-323, December.
- Darragh Flannery & John Cullinan, 2013. "Where they go, what they do and why it matters: The importance of geographic accessibility and social class for decisions relating to higher education institution type, degree level and field of study," Working Papers WP042013, University of Limerick, Department of Economics, revised May 2013.
- Adela Coman & Catalina Bonciu, 2016. "Competence - Based Learning in the Romanian Higher Education: Perceptions from the Inside," European Journal of Language and Literature Studies Articles, European Center for Science Education and Research, vol. 2, May-Augus.
- Ortega, Alberto, 2020. "State partisanship and higher education," Economics of Education Review, Elsevier, vol. 76(C).
- Jacqueline Oâ€™Reilly & Werner Eichhorst & AndrÃ¡s GÃ¡bos & Kari Hadjivassiliou & David Lain & Janine Leschke & Seamus McGuinness & Lucia MÃ½tna KurekovÃ¡ & Tiziana Nazio & Renate Ortlieb & Helen Russ, 2015. "Five Characteristics of Youth Unemployment in Europe," SAGE Open, , vol. 5(1), pages 21582440155, March.
- Mavromaras, Kostas & McGuinness, Seamus, 2012.
"Overskilling dynamics and education pathways,"
Economics of Education Review, Elsevier, vol. 31(5), pages 619-628.
- Mavromaras, Kostas G. & McGuinness, Seamus & Fok, Yin King, 2009. "Overskilling Dynamics and Education Pathways," IZA Discussion Papers 4321, Institute of Labor Economics (IZA).
- Kostas Mavromaras & Seamus McGuinness & Yin King Fok, 2009. "Overskilling Dynamics and Education Pathways," Melbourne Institute Working Paper Series wp2009n22, Melbourne Institute of Applied Economic and Social Research, The University of Melbourne.
- Mavromaras, Kostas & McGuinness, Seamus & Fok, Yin King, 2009. "Overskilling Dynamics and Education Pathways," Papers WP307, Economic and Social Research Institute (ESRI).
- Kelly, Elish & O'Connell, Philip J. & Smyth, Emer, 2010.
"The economic returns to field of study and competencies among higher education graduates in Ireland,"
Economics of Education Review, Elsevier, vol. 29(4), pages 650-657, August.
- Elish Kelly & Philip O'Connell & Emer Smyth, 2008. "The Economic Returns to Field of Study and Competencies Among Higher Education Graduates in Ireland," Papers WP242, Economic and Social Research Institute (ESRI).
- Aleksander Kucel & Montserrat Vilalta-Bufi, 2012. "Why do university graduates regret their study program? A comparison between Spain and the Netherlands," Working Papers in Economics 279, Universitat de Barcelona. Espai de Recerca en Economia.
- Patrizia Ordine & Giuseppe Rose, 2011. "Educational Mismatch and Wait Unemployment," Working Papers 19, AlmaLaurea Inter-University Consortium.
- Ian W. Li & Paul W. Miller, 2015. "Overeducation and earnings in the Australian graduate labour market: an application of the Vahey model," Education Economics, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 23(1), pages 63-83, February.
- Emanuele Ciani & Vincenzo Mariani, 2014. "How the labour market evaluates Italian universities," Questioni di Economia e Finanza (Occasional Papers) 247, Bank of Italy, Economic Research and International Relations Area.
- Peter Madzík & Pavol Budaj & Dalibor Mikuláš & Dominik Zimon, 2019. "Application of the Kano Model for a Better Understanding of Customer Requirements in Higher Education—A Pilot Study," Administrative Sciences, MDPI, Open Access Journal, vol. 9(1), pages 1-18, January.
- Patrizia Ordine & Giuseppe Rose, 2015. "The effect of family background, university quality and educational mismatch on wage: an analysis using a young cohort of Italian graduates," Education Economics, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 23(2), pages 213-237, April.
- Carroll, David & Heaton, Christopher & Tani, Massimiliano, 2014. "Returns to University Quality in Australia: A Two-Stage Analysis," IZA Discussion Papers 8473, Institute of Labor Economics (IZA).
- Yeasung Jeong & Ayoung Lee & Joonmo Cho, 2018. "Educational mismatches and job resolution in South Korea, the USA, and Germany," Asian-Pacific Economic Literature, Asia Pacific School of Economics and Government, The Australian National University, vol. 32(2), pages 95-108, November.
- Colombo, Massimo G. & Piva, Evila, 2020. "Start-ups launched by recent STEM university graduates: The impact of university education on entrepreneurial entry," Research Policy, Elsevier, vol. 49(6).
More about this item
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:taf:applec:v:35:y:2003:i:18:p:1943-1955. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Chris Longhurst). General contact details of provider: http://www.tandfonline.com/RAEC20 .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.