The matrix approach to evaluating demand equations
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version below or search for a different version of it.
Other versions of this item:
- K.W. Clements & W. Yang & D. Chen, 1998. "The Matrix Approach to Evaluating Demand Equations," Economics Discussion / Working Papers 98-10, The University of Western Australia, Department of Economics.
References listed on IDEAS
- Ahmad, Ehtisham & Stern, Nicholas, 1984. "The theory of reform and indian indirect taxes," Journal of Public Economics, Elsevier, pages 259-298.
- Selvanathan, Saroja, 1987. "A Monte Carlo test of preference independence," Economics Letters, Elsevier, vol. 25(3), pages 259-261.
- Neves, Pedro Duarte, 1994. "A class of differential demand systems," Economics Letters, Elsevier, vol. 44(1-2), pages 83-86.
- Christensen, Laurits R & Jorgenson, Dale W & Lau, Lawrence J, 1975. "Transcendental Logarithmic Utility Functions," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, pages 367-383.
- E.A. Selvanathan, 1985. "An Even Simpler Differential Demand System," Economics Discussion / Working Papers 85-08, The University of Western Australia, Department of Economics.
- Clements, Kenneth W & Selvanathan, Saroja, 1994. "Understanding Consumption Patterns," Empirical Economics, Springer, pages 69-110.
- Howe, Howard & Pollak, Robert A & Wales, Terence J, 1979. "Theory and Time Series Estimation of the Quadratic Expenditure System," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 47(5), pages 1231-1247, September.
- André DECOSTER & Erik SHCOKKAERT, 1989. "Equity and efficiency of a reform of Belgian indirect taxes," Discussion Papers (REL - Recherches Economiques de Louvain) 1989023, Université catholique de Louvain, Institut de Recherches Economiques et Sociales (IRES).
- Taylor, Timothy G. & Shonkwiler, J. S. & Theil, Henri, 1986. "Monte Carlo and bootstrap testing of demand homogeneity," Economics Letters, Elsevier, vol. 20(1), pages 55-57.
- Madden, David, 1996. "Marginal Tax Reform and the Specification of Consumer Demand Systems," Oxford Economic Papers, Oxford University Press, vol. 48(4), pages 556-567, October.
- Decoster, Andre & Schokkaert, Erik, 1990. "Tax reform results with different demand systems," Journal of Public Economics, Elsevier, pages 277-296.
- Theil, Henri & Shonkwiler, J. S. & Taylor, Timothy G., 1985. "A Monte Carlo test of Slutsky symmetry," Economics Letters, Elsevier, vol. 19(4), pages 331-332.
- Keller, Wouter J., 1984. "Some simple but flexible differential consumer demand systems," Economics Letters, Elsevier, vol. 16(1-2), pages 77-82.
- Diewert, W E, 1971. "An Application of the Shephard Duality Theorem: A Generalized Leontief Production Function," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 79(3), pages 481-507, May-June.
- William A. Barnett, 1979. "Theoretical Foundations for the Rotterdam Model," Review of Economic Studies, Oxford University Press, vol. 46(1), pages 109-130.
- de Boer, P. M. C. & Harkema, R., 1986. "Maximum likelihood estimation of sum-constrained linear models with insufficient observations," Economics Letters, Elsevier, vol. 20(4), pages 325-329.
- Byron, R. P., 1984. "On the flexibility of the Rotterdam model," European Economic Review, Elsevier, vol. 24(3), pages 273-283, April.
- K.W. Clements & S. Selvanathan, 1992. "Understanding Consumption Patterns," Economics Discussion / Working Papers 92-13, The University of Western Australia, Department of Economics.
- Terence J. Wales, 1971. "A Generalized Linear Expenditure Model of the Demand for Non-durable Goods in Canada," Canadian Journal of Economics, Canadian Economics Association, vol. 4(4), pages 471-484, November.
- Deaton, Angus S & Muellbauer, John, 1980. "An Almost Ideal Demand System," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, pages 312-326.
- Selvanathan, E. Antony, 1985. "An even simpler differential demand system," Economics Letters, Elsevier, vol. 19(4), pages 343-347.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- K.W. Clements & D. Chen, 1998. "Simulating Demand Systems," Economics Discussion / Working Papers 98-25, The University of Western Australia, Department of Economics.
- repec:wsi:wschap:9789812815323_0008 is not listed on IDEAS
- Michael Gorman, 2005. "Estimation of an implied price elasticity of demand through current pricing practices," Applied Economics, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 37(9), pages 1027-1035.
- Saroja Selvanathan & E. A. Selvanathan, 2004. "Empirical regularities in South African consumption patterns," Applied Economics, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 36(20), pages 2327-2333.
- H. Ahammad & N. Islam, 1999. "Estimating the WA Agricultural Production System: A profit function approach," Economics Discussion / Working Papers 99-11, The University of Western Australia, Department of Economics.
More about this item
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:taf:applec:v:33:y:2001:i:8:p:957-967. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Chris Longhurst). General contact details of provider: http://www.tandfonline.com/RAEC20 .
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.