Hedging lookback and partial lookback options using Malliavin calculus
The paper considers a Black and Scholes economy with constant coefficients. A contingent claim is said to be simple if the payoff at maturity is a function of the value of the underlying security at maturity. To replicate a simple contingent claim one uses so called delta-hedging, and the well-known strategy is derived from Ito calculus and the theory of partial differentiable equations. However, hedging path-dependent options require other tools since the price processes, in general, no longer have smooth stochastic differentials. It is shown how Malliavin calculus can be used to derive the hedging strategy for any kind of path-dependent options, and in particular for lookback and partial lookback options.
Volume (Year): 7 (2000)
Issue (Month): 2 ()
|Contact details of provider:|| Web page: http://www.tandfonline.com/RAMF20|
|Order Information:||Web: http://www.tandfonline.com/pricing/journal/RAMF20|
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Goldman, M Barry & Sosin, Howard B & Gatto, Mary Ann, 1979. "Path Dependent Options: "Buy at the Low, Sell at the High"," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 34(5), pages 1111-1127, December.
- Jérôme B. Detemple & René Garcia & Marcel Rindisbacher, 2003.
"A Monte Carlo Method for Optimal Portfolios,"
Journal of Finance,
American Finance Association, vol. 58(1), pages 401-446, 02.
- Jérôme B. Detemple & René Garcia & Marcel Rindisbacher, 2000. "A Monte-Carlo Method for Optimal Portfolios," CIRANO Working Papers 2000s-05, CIRANO.
- P. Carr, 1995. "Two extensions to barrier option valuation," Applied Mathematical Finance, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 2(3), pages 173-209.
- Conze, Antoine & Viswanathan, 1991. " Path Dependent Options: The Case of Lookback Options," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 46(5), pages 1893-1907, December. Full references (including those not matched with items on IDEAS)
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:taf:apmtfi:v:7:y:2000:i:2:p:75-100. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Michael McNulty)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.