Asymptotic behavior of prices of path dependent options
In this paper, we give a numerical method for pricing long maturity, path dependent options by using the Markov property for each underlying asset. This enables us to approximate a path dependent option by using some kinds of plain vanillas. We give some examples whose underlying assets behave as some popular Levy processes. Moreover, we give some payoffs and functions used to approximate them.
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Hans-Peter Bermin, 2000. "Hedging lookback and partial lookback options using Malliavin calculus," Applied Mathematical Finance, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 7(2), pages 75-100.
- Hélyette Geman & Marc Yor, 1993. "Bessel Processes, Asian Options, And Perpetuities," Mathematical Finance, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 3(4), pages 349-375.
- N. Hilber & N. Reich & C. Schwab & C. Winter, 2009. "Numerical methods for Lévy processes," Finance and Stochastics, Springer, vol. 13(4), pages 471-500, September.
- Yuji Hishida & Kenji Yasutomi, 2005. "On the asymptotic behavior of the prices of Asian options," Asia-Pacific Financial Markets, Springer;Japanese Association of Financial Economics and Engineering, vol. 12(4), pages 289-306, December.
- Robert C. Merton, 1973.
"Theory of Rational Option Pricing,"
Bell Journal of Economics,
The RAND Corporation, vol. 4(1), pages 141-183, Spring.
- Hans-Peter Bermin, 2002. "A General Approach to Hedging Options: Applications to Barrier and Partial Barrier Options," Mathematical Finance, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 12(3), pages 199-218.
- Grant Armstrong, 2001. "Valuation formulae for window barrier options," Applied Mathematical Finance, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 8(4), pages 197-208.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:arx:papers:0911.5579. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (arXiv administrators)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.