Diversification versus specialization: an event study of M&As in the European banking industry
Download full text from publisher
Other versions of this item:
- Laetitia Lepetit & Stéphanie Patry & Philippe Rous, 2004. "Diversification versus Specialisation: An Event Study of M&As in the European Banking Industry," Post-Print hal-00804954, HAL.
References listed on IDEAS
- Fabozzi, Frank J. & Francis, Jack Clark, 1978. "Beta as a Random Coefficient," Journal of Financial and Quantitative Analysis, Cambridge University Press, vol. 13(01), pages 101-116, March.
- Houston, Joel F. & Ryngaert, Michael D., 1994. "The overall gains from large bank mergers," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 18(6), pages 1155-1176, December.
- Timothy H. Hannan & John D. Wolken, 1989. "Returns to bidders and targets in the acquisition process: evidence from the banking industry," Finance and Economics Discussion Series 64, Board of Governors of the Federal Reserve System (U.S.).
- Cybo-Ottone, Alberto & Murgia, Maurizio, 2000. "Mergers and shareholder wealth in European banking," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 24(6), pages 831-859, June.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Mei, Bin & Sun, Changyou, 2008. "Event analysis of the impact of mergers and acquisitions on the financial performance of the U.S. forest products industry," Forest Policy and Economics, Elsevier, vol. 10(5), pages 286-294, April.
- Asimakopoulos, Ioannis & Athanasoglou, Panayiotis P., 2013.
"Revisiting the merger and acquisition performance of European banks,"
International Review of Financial Analysis,
Elsevier, vol. 29(C), pages 237-249.
- Asimakopoulos, Ioannis & Athanasoglou, Panayiotis P., 2009. "Revisiting the merger and acquisition performance of European banks," MPRA Paper 31994, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Ioannis Asimakopoulos & Panayiotis Athanasoglou,, 2009. "Revisiting the Merger and Acquisition Performance of European Banks," Working Papers 100, Bank of Greece.
- Ongena, Steven & Penas, María Fabiana, 2009. "Bondholders' wealth effects in domestic and cross-border bank mergers," Journal of Financial Stability, Elsevier, vol. 5(3), pages 256-271, September.
- Hagendorff, Jens & Collins, Michael & Keasey, Kevin, 2008. "Investor protection and the value effects of bank merger announcements in Europe and the US," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 32(7), pages 1333-1348, July.
- Michael Murg & Matthias Pachler & Alexander C. M. Zeitlberger, 2016. "The impact of analyst recommendations on stock prices in Austria (2000–2014): evidence from a small and thinly traded market," Central European Journal of Operations Research, Springer;Slovak Society for Operations Research;Hungarian Operational Research Society;Czech Society for Operations Research;Österr. Gesellschaft für Operations Research (ÖGOR);Slovenian Society Informatika - Section for Operational Research;Croatian Operational Research Society, vol. 24(3), pages 595-616, September.
- Peter Egger & Franz R. Hahn, 2006. "Endogenous Bank Mergers and Their Impact on Banking Performance," WIFO Working Papers 271, WIFO.
- Céline Crouzille & Laetitia Lepetit & Carlos Bautista, 2008.
"How Did The Asian Stock Markets React To Bank Mergers After The 1997 Financial Crisis?,"
Pacific Economic Review,
Wiley Blackwell, vol. 13(2), pages 171-182, May.
- Céline Meslier-Crouzille & Laetitia Lepetit & Carlos C. Bautista, 2008. "How Did the Asian Stock Markets React to Bank Mergera after the 1997 Financial Crisis?," Post-Print hal-00828518, HAL.
- Robert DeYoung & Douglas Evanoff & Philip Molyneux, 2009. "Mergers and Acquisitions of Financial Institutions: A Review of the Post-2000 Literature," Journal of Financial Services Research, Springer;Western Finance Association, vol. 36(2), pages 87-110, December.
- Maditinos D. & Theriou N. & Demetriades E., 2009. "The Effect of Mergers and Acquisitions on the Performance of Companies – The Greek Case of Ioniki-Laiki Bank and Pisteos Bank," European Research Studies Journal, European Research Studies Journal, vol. 0(2), pages 111-130.
- John S. Howe & Thibaut G. Morillon, 2017. "Do Mergers and Acquisitions Affect Information Asymmetry in the Banking Sector?," NFI Working Papers 2017-WP-01, Indiana State University, Scott College of Business, Networks Financial Institute.
More about this item
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:taf:apfiec:v:14:y:2004:i:9:p:663-669. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Chris Longhurst). General contact details of provider: http://www.tandfonline.com/RAFE20 .