Positive feedback trading in emerging capital markets
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Hsieh, David A & Miller, Merton H, 1990. " Margin Regulation and Stock Market Volatility," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 45(1), pages 3-29, March.
- Sentana, Enrique & Wadhwani, Sushil B, 1992. "Feedback Traders and Stock Return Autocorrelations: Evidence from a Century of Daily Data," Economic Journal, Royal Economic Society, vol. 102(411), pages 415-425, March.
- Nelson, Daniel B, 1991. "Conditional Heteroskedasticity in Asset Returns: A New Approach," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 59(2), pages 347-370, March.
- Harvey, Campbell R, 1995. "Predictable Risk and Returns in Emerging Markets," Review of Financial Studies, Society for Financial Studies, vol. 8(3), pages 773-816.
- Chung, Pin J. & Liu, Donald J., 1994. "Common stochastic trends in pacific rim stock markets," The Quarterly Review of Economics and Finance, Elsevier, vol. 34(3), pages 241-259.
- Poon, Ser-Huang & Taylor, Stephen J., 1992. "Stock returns and volatility: An empirical study of the UK stock market," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 16(1), pages 37-59, February.
- Bekaert, Geert & Harvey, Campbell R, 1995. " Time-Varying World Market Integration," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 50(2), pages 403-444, June.
- De Long, J Bradford & Andrei Shleifer & Lawrence H. Summers & Robert J. Waldmann, 1990.
"Noise Trader Risk in Financial Markets,"
Journal of Political Economy,
University of Chicago Press, vol. 98(4), pages 703-738, August.
- J. Bradford De Long & Andrei Shleifer & Lawrence H. Summers & Robert J. Waldmann, "undated". "Noise Trader Risk in Financial Markets," J. Bradford De Long's Working Papers _124, University of California at Berkeley, Economics Department.
- De Long, J. Bradford & Shleifer, Andrei & Summers, Lawrence H. & Waldmann, Robert J., 1990. "Noise Trader Risk in Financial Markets," Scholarly Articles 3725552, Harvard University Department of Economics.
- Koutmos, Gregory, 1997. "Feedback trading and the autocorrelation pattern of stock returns: further empirical evidence," Journal of International Money and Finance, Elsevier, vol. 16(4), pages 625-636, August.
- Hawawini, Gabriel, 1994. "Equity price behavior: Some evidence from markets around the world," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 18(4), pages 603-620, September.
- Aggarwal, Raj & Mougoue, Mbodja, 1996. "Cointegration among Asian currencies: Evidence of the increasing influence of the Japanese yen," Japan and the World Economy, Elsevier, vol. 8(3), pages 291-308, September.
- Engle, Robert F & Ng, Victor K, 1993.
" Measuring and Testing the Impact of News on Volatility,"
Journal of Finance,
American Finance Association, vol. 48(5), pages 1749-1778, December.
- Robert F. Engle & Victor K. Ng, 1991. "Measuring and Testing the Impact of News on Volatility," NBER Working Papers 3681, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Merton, Robert C, 1973. "An Intertemporal Capital Asset Pricing Model," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 41(5), pages 867-887, September.
- Mohamed A. El-Erian & Manmohan S. Kumar, 1995. "Emerging Equity Markets in Middle Eastern Countries," IMF Staff Papers, Palgrave Macmillan, vol. 42(2), pages 313-343, June.
- Koutmos, Gregory & Booth, G Geoffrey, 1995. "Asymmetric volatility transmission in international stock markets," Journal of International Money and Finance, Elsevier, vol. 14(6), pages 747-762, December.
- Bessembinder, Hendrik & Chan, Kalok, 1995. "The profitability of technical trading rules in the Asian stock markets," Pacific-Basin Finance Journal, Elsevier, vol. 3(2-3), pages 257-284, July.
- Aggarwal, Reena & Rivoli, Pietra, 1989. "Seasonal and Day-of-the-Week Effects in Four Emerging Stock Markets," The Financial Review, Eastern Finance Association, vol. 24(4), pages 541-550, November.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Park, Beum-Jo & Kim, Myung-Joong, 2017. "A Dynamic Measure of Intentional Herd Behavior in Financial Markets," MPRA Paper 82025, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Cifarelli, Giulio & Paladino, Giovanna, 2010.
"Oil price dynamics and speculation: A multivariate financial approach,"
Elsevier, vol. 32(2), pages 363-372, March.
- Giulio Cifarelli & Giovanna Paladino, 2008. "Oil price Dynamics and Speculation. A Multivariate Financial Approach," Working Papers - Economics wp2008_15.rdf, Universita' degli Studi di Firenze, Dipartimento di Scienze per l'Economia e l'Impresa.
- Giulio Cifarelli & Giovanna Paladino, 2009. "Is Oil A Financial Asset? An Empirical Investigation Spanning the Last Fifteen Years," Working Papers - Economics wp2009_12.rdf, Universita' degli Studi di Firenze, Dipartimento di Scienze per l'Economia e l'Impresa.
- Nikiforos Laopodis, 2008. "Noise trading and autocorrelation interactions in the foreign exchange market: Evidence from developed and emerging economies," Journal of Economics and Finance, Springer;Academy of Economics and Finance, vol. 32(3), pages 271-293, July.
- Martin Bohl & Pierre Siklos, 2008.
"Empirical evidence on feedback trading in mature and emerging stock markets,"
Applied Financial Economics,
Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 18(17), pages 1379-1389.
- Martin T. Bohl & Pierre Siklos, 2004. "Empirical Evidence on Feedback Trading in Mature and Emerging Stock Markets," Research Paper Series 137, Quantitative Finance Research Centre, University of Technology, Sydney.
- Siklos, Pierre L. & Bohl, Martin T., 2005. "Trading Behavior During Stock Market Downturns: The Dow, 1915 - 2004," Working Paper Series 2005,7, European University Viadrina Frankfurt (Oder), The Postgraduate Research Programme Capital Markets and Finance in the Enlarged Europe.
- Michael Schuppli & Martin T. Bohl, 2009. "Do Foreign Institutional Investors Destabilize China’s A-Share Markets?," CQE Working Papers 0909, Center for Quantitative Economics (CQE), University of Muenster.
- Salm, Christian A. & Schuppli, Michael, 2010. "Positive feedback trading in stock index futures: International evidence," International Review of Financial Analysis, Elsevier, vol. 19(5), pages 313-322, December.
- Julijana Angelovska, 2013. "Detecting Positive Feedback Trading when Autocorrelation is Positive," Zagreb International Review of Economics and Business, Faculty of Economics and Business, University of Zagreb, vol. 16(1), pages 93-101, May.
- repec:eee:riibaf:v:42:y:2017:i:c:p:1289-1297 is not listed on IDEAS
- repec:eee:empfin:v:47:y:2018:i:c:p:139-161 is not listed on IDEAS
- repec:eee:intfin:v:53:y:2018:i:c:p:179-199 is not listed on IDEAS
- Cifarelli, Giulio & Paladino, Giovanna, 2009. "Oil and portfolio risk diversification," MPRA Paper 28293, University Library of Munich, Germany, revised Nov 2010.
- Laopodis, Nikiforos T., 2005. "Feedback trading and autocorrelation interactions in the foreign exchange market: Further evidence," Economic Modelling, Elsevier, vol. 22(5), pages 811-827, September.
- Antonios Antoniou & Gregory Koutmos & Gioia Pescetto, 2011. "Testing for Long Memory in the Feedback Mechanism in the Futures Markets," Review of Behavioral Finance, Emerald Group Publishing, vol. 3(2), pages 78-90, September.
- Shah Saeed Hassan Chowdhury & M. Arifur Rahman & M. Shibley Sadique, 2015. "Behaviour of Stock Return Autocorrelation in the GCC Stock Markets," Global Business Review, International Management Institute, vol. 16(5), pages 737-746, October.
- M. K. Hassan & S. S. H. Chowdhury, 2008. "Efficiency of Bangladesh stock market: evidence from monthly index and individual firm data," Applied Financial Economics, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 18(9), pages 749-758.
- repec:eee:phsmap:v:501:y:2018:i:c:p:188-204 is not listed on IDEAS
- Schuppli, Michael & Bohl, Martin T., 2010. "Do foreign institutional investors destabilize China's A-share markets?," Journal of International Financial Markets, Institutions and Money, Elsevier, vol. 20(1), pages 36-50, February.
More about this item
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:taf:apfiec:v:11:y:2001:i:3:p:291-297. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Chris Longhurst). General contact details of provider: http://www.tandfonline.com/RAFE20 .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.