Is it the economy, stupid? The role of social versus economic factors in people’s support for hosting the Olympic Games: evidence from 12 democratic countries
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Bruno Frey & Alois Stutzer, 2010. "Happiness and public choice," Public Choice, Springer, vol. 144(3), pages 557-573, September.
- Michael Josef Lamla & Martin Straub & Esther Mirjam Girsberger, 2014. "On the economic impact of international sport events: microevidence from survey data at the EURO 2008," Applied Economics, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 46(15), pages 1693-1703, May.
- Casella, Alessandra & Gelman, Andrew, 2008.
"A simple scheme to improve the efficiency of referenda,"
Journal of Public Economics, Elsevier, vol. 92(10-11), pages 2240-2261, October.
- Alessandra Casella & Andrew Gelman, 2005. "A Simple Scheme to Improve the Efficiency of Referenda," NBER Working Papers 11375, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Casella, Alessandra & Gelman, Andrew, 2005. "A Simple Scheme to Improve the Efficiency of Referenda," CEPR Discussion Papers 5093, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Alessandra Casella & Andrew Gelman, 2005. "A Simple Scheme to Improve the Efficiency of Referenda," Economics Working Papers 0060, Institute for Advanced Study, School of Social Science.
- Wolfgang Maennig & Andrew Zimbalist (ed.), 2012. "International Handbook on the Economics of Mega Sporting Events," Books, Edward Elgar Publishing, number 14313, July.
- Heather Mitchell & Mark Fergusson Stewart, 2015. "What should you pay to host a party? An economic analysis of hosting sports mega-events," Applied Economics, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 47(15), pages 1550-1561, March.
- Corinne Sullivan & Michael A. Leeds, 2016. "Will the games pay? An event analysis of the 2020 summer Olympics announcement on stock markets in Japan, Spain, and Turkey," Applied Economics Letters, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 23(12), pages 880-883, August.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Streicher, Tobias & Schmidt, Sascha L. & Schreyer, Dominik & Torgler, Benno, 2020. "Anticipated feelings and support for public mega projects: Hosting the Olympic Games," Technological Forecasting and Social Change, Elsevier, vol. 158(C).
More about this item
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:taf:apeclt:v:24:y:2017:i:3:p:170-174. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Chris Longhurst). General contact details of provider: http://www.tandfonline.com/RAEL20 .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.