The effect of foreign income on economic performance of a small-open economy: evidence from Turkey
The effect of a shock in the foreign economic performance on the domestic economy is an attractive research area. It has consistently been found that this effect is non-negligible. However, the countries examined are mostly developed countries. In this study, the effects of a shock in foreign economy on the economic performance of Turkey are examined. The estimates suggest that a positive shock in the foreign economy positively affects Turkish output, increases the inflation rate, and appreciates the real exchange rate.
If you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
Volume (Year): 11 (2004)
Issue (Month): 8 ()
|Contact details of provider:|| Web page: http://www.tandfonline.com/RAEL20|
|Order Information:||Web: http://www.tandfonline.com/pricing/journal/RAEL20|
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Kamin, Steve B. & Rogers, John H., 2000.
"Output and the real exchange rate in developing countries: an application to Mexico,"
Journal of Development Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 61(1), pages 85-109, February.
- Steven B. Kamin & John H. Rogers, 1997. "Output and the real exchange rate in developing countries: an application to Mexico," International Finance Discussion Papers 580, Board of Governors of the Federal Reserve System (U.S.).
- David K. Backus & Patrick J. Kehoe & Finn E. Kydland, 1987.
"International real business cycles,"
426, Federal Reserve Bank of Minneapolis.
- Alan C. Stockman & Linda L. Tesar, 1990.
"Tastes and Technology in a Two-Country Model of the Business Cycle: Explaining International Comovements,"
NBER Working Papers
3566, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Stockman, Alan C & Tesar, Linda L, 1995. "Tastes and Technology in a Two-Country Model of the Business Cycle: Explaining International Comovements," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 85(1), pages 168-85, March.
- Alan C. Stockman & Linda L. Tesar, 1991. "Tastes and technology in a two-country model of the business cycle: explaining international co-movements," Working Paper 9019, Federal Reserve Bank of Cleveland.
- David Backus & Patrick J. Kehoe & Finn E. Kydland, 1993.
"International Business Cycles: Theory and Evidence,"
NBER Working Papers
4493, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- David K. Backus & Patrick J. Kehoe & Finn E. Kydland, 1993. "International Business Cycles: Theory and Evidence," Working Papers 93-21, New York University, Leonard N. Stern School of Business, Department of Economics.
- Christopher A. Sims & Tao Zha, 1994.
"Error Bands for Impulse Responses,"
Cowles Foundation Discussion Papers
1085, Cowles Foundation for Research in Economics, Yale University.
- David B. Gordon & Eric M. Leeper, 1993.
"The dynamic impacts of monetary policy: an exercise in tentative identification,"
FRB Atlanta Working Paper
93-5, Federal Reserve Bank of Atlanta.
- Gordon, David B & Leeper, Eric M, 1994. "The Dynamic Impacts of Monetary Policy: An Exercise in Tentative Identification," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 102(6), pages 1228-47, December.
- David B. Gordon & Eric M. Leeper, 1992. "The dynamic impacts of monetary policy: an exercise in tentative identification," FRB Atlanta Working Paper 92-13, Federal Reserve Bank of Atlanta.
- Cushman, David O. & Zha, Tao, 1997.
"Identifying monetary policy in a small open economy under flexible exchange rates,"
Journal of Monetary Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 39(3), pages 433-448, August.
- David O. Cushman & Tao Zha, 1995. "Identifying monetary policy in a small open economy under flexible exchange rates," FRB Atlanta Working Paper 95-7, Federal Reserve Bank of Atlanta.
- Eric M. Leeper & Christopher A. Sims & Tao Zha, 1996. "What Does Monetary Policy Do?," Brookings Papers on Economic Activity, Economic Studies Program, The Brookings Institution, vol. 27(2), pages 1-78.
- P. Joyce, Joseph & Kamas, Linda, 1994. "Money and output under alternative exchange rate regimes in the USA," Journal of International Money and Finance, Elsevier, vol. 13(6), pages 679-697, December.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:taf:apeclt:v:11:y:2004:i:8:p:483-488. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Michael McNulty)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.