Urban Growth: Is It a Never Ending Story?
In the post-industrial society or knowledge economy, which are the determinants that explain urban growth? The aim of the paper is to give an answer to this question by critically analyzing the contributions that exist in the urban economic literature.
Volume (Year): (2011)
Issue (Month): 1 Global Cities and Knowledge Management - 1 ()
|Contact details of provider:|| Web page: http://www.unimib.it/symphonya|
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Gerald A. Carlino, 1980. "Contrasts in Agglomeration: New York and Pittsburgh Reconsidered," Urban Studies, Urban Studies Journal Limited, vol. 17(3), pages 343-351, October.
- Silvio M. Brondoni, 2008. "Market-Driven Management, Competitive Space and Global Networks," Symphonya. Emerging Issues in Management, University of Milano-Bicocca, issue 1 Market-.
- Camagni, Roberto & Diappi, Lidia & Leonardi, Giorgio, 1986. "Urban growth and decline in a hierarchical system A supply-oriented dynamic approach," Regional Science and Urban Economics, Elsevier, vol. 16(1), pages 145-160, February.
- Glaeser, Edward L. & Kahn, Matthew E., 2004.
"Sprawl and urban growth,"
Handbook of Regional and Urban Economics,
in: J. V. Henderson & J. F. Thisse (ed.), Handbook of Regional and Urban Economics, edition 1, volume 4, chapter 56, pages 2481-2527
- Edward L. Glaeser & Matthew E. Kahn, 2003. "Sprawl and Urban Growth," NBER Working Papers 9733, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Edward L. Glaeser & Matthew E. Kahn, 2003. "Sprawl and Urban Growth," Harvard Institute of Economic Research Working Papers 2004, Harvard - Institute of Economic Research.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:sym:journl:158:y:2011:i:1. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Niccolo Gordini)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.