Do Currency Barriers Solve the Border Effect Puzzle? Evidence from the CFA Franc Zone
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Bergstrand, Jeffrey H, 1985. "The Gravity Equation in International Trade: Some Microeconomic Foundations and Empirical Evidence," The Review of Economics and Statistics, MIT Press, vol. 67(3), pages 474-481, August.
- Andrew K. Rose, 1999.
"One Money, One Market: Estimating the Effect of Common Currencies on Trade,"
NBER Working Papers
7432, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Rose, Andrew K, 1999. "One Money, One Market: Estimating the Effect of Common Currencies on Trade," CEPR Discussion Papers 2329, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Rose, Andrew, 1999. "One Money, One Market: Estimating the Effect of Common Currencies on Trade," Seminar Papers 678, Stockholm University, Institute for International Economic Studies.
- Shang-Jin Wei, 1996. "Intra-National versus International Trade: How Stubborn are Nations in Global Integration?," NBER Working Papers 5531, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Maurice Obstfeld & Kenneth Rogoff, 2001.
"The Six Major Puzzles in International Macroeconomics: Is There a Common Cause?,"
NBER Chapters,in: NBER Macroeconomics Annual 2000, Volume 15, pages 339-412
National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Maurice Obstfeld & Kenneth Rogoff & Ben Bernanke & Kenneth Rogoff, "undated". "The Six Major Puzzles in International Macroeconomics: Is there a Common Cause?," Working Paper 32326, Harvard University OpenScholar.
- Maurice Obstfeld & Kenneth Rogoff, 2001. "The Six Major Puzzles in International Macroeconomics: Is There a Common Cause?," International Trade 0012003, EconWPA.
- Maurice Obstfeld & Kenneth Rogoff, 2000. "The Six Major Puzzles in International Macroeconomics: Is There a Common Cause?," NBER Working Papers 7777, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Maurice Obstfeld and Kenneth Rogoff., 2000. "The Six Major Puzzles in International Macroeconomics: Is There a Common Cause?," Center for International and Development Economics Research (CIDER) Working Papers C00-112, University of California at Berkeley.
- Obstfeld, Maurice & Rogoff, Kenneth, 2000. "The Six Major Puzzles in International Macroeconomics: Is There a Common Cause?," Center for International and Development Economics Research, Working Paper Series qt0sx02651, Center for International and Development Economics Research, Institute for Business and Economic Research, UC Berkeley.
- McCallum, John, 1995. "National Borders Matter: Canada-U.S. Regional Trade Patterns," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 85(3), pages 615-623, June.
- Thierry Mayer & Keith Head, 2002. "Illusory Border Effects: Distance Mismeasurement Inflates Estimates of Home Bias in Trade," Working Papers 2002-01, CEPII research center.
- Anderson, James E, 1979. "A Theoretical Foundation for the Gravity Equation," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 69(1), pages 106-116, March.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Marie Daumal & Soledad Zignago, 2010. "Measure and determinants of border effects of Brazilian states," Papers in Regional Science, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 89(4), pages 735-758, November.
- repec:dau:papers:123456789/7448 is not listed on IDEAS
- Olper, Alessandro & Raimondi, Valentina, 2004. "The border effect in agricultural markets between European Union, OECD and LDC countries," 85th Seminar, September 8-11, 2004, Florence, Italy 37817, European Association of Agricultural Economists.
- Jiří Schwarz, 2012.
"Impact of institutions on cross-border price dispersion,"
Review of World Economics (Weltwirtschaftliches Archiv),
Springer;Institut für Weltwirtschaft (Kiel Institute for the World Economy), vol. 148(4), pages 617-645, December.
- Jiøí Schwarz, 2011. "Impact of Institutions on Cross-Border Price Dispersion," Working Papers IES 2011/30, Charles University Prague, Faculty of Social Sciences, Institute of Economic Studies, revised Sep 2011.
- Glick, Reuven & Rose, Andrew K., 2016. "Currency unions and trade: A post-EMU reassessment," European Economic Review, Elsevier, vol. 87(C), pages 78-91.
- Richard Pomfret, 2003. "Formation and Dissolution of Monetary Unions: Evidence from Europe, and Lessons for Elsewhere," School of Economics Working Papers 2003-03, University of Adelaide, School of Economics.
- Philipp Maier, 2010. "An Analysis Of International Price Differentials On Ebay," Contemporary Economic Policy, Western Economic Association International, vol. 28(3), pages 307-321, July.
- Kuo-I CHANG & Kazunobu HAYAKAWA, 2010.
"Border Barriers In Agricultural Trade And The Impact Of Their Elimination: Evidence From East Asia,"
The Developing Economies,
Institute of Developing Economies, vol. 48(2), pages 232-246.
- Hayakawa, Kazunobu & Chang, Kuo-I, 2008. "Border Barriers in Agricultural Trade and the Impact of their Elimination: Evidence from East Asia," IDE Discussion Papers 160, Institute of Developing Economies, Japan External Trade Organization(JETRO).
- Martínez-Zarzoso, Inmaculada, 2017. "The Euro and the CFA Franc: Evidence of sectoral trade effects," Center for European, Governance and Economic Development Research Discussion Papers 311, University of Goettingen, Department of Economics.
- repec:dau:papers:123456789/7446 is not listed on IDEAS
More about this item
KeywordsBorders; gravity; currency unions;
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:spr:weltar:v:141:y:2005:i:3:p:422-441. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Sonal Shukla) or (Rebekah McClure). General contact details of provider: http://www.springer.com .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.