Regularization in statistics
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Hao Helen Zhang & Grace Wahba & Yi Lin & Meta Voelker & Michael Ferris & Ronald Klein & Barbara Klein, 2004. "Variable Selection and Model Building via Likelihood Basis Pursuit," Journal of the American Statistical Association, American Statistical Association, vol. 99, pages 659-672, January.
- Ross, Stephen A., 1976.
"The arbitrage theory of capital asset pricing,"
Journal of Economic Theory,
Elsevier, vol. 13(3), pages 341-360, December.
- Stephen A. Ross, "undated". "The Arbitrage Theory of Capital Asset Pricing," Rodney L. White Center for Financial Research Working Papers 02-73, Wharton School Rodney L. White Center for Financial Research.
- Stephen A. Ross, "undated". "The Arbitrage Theory of Capital Asset Pricing," Rodney L. White Center for Financial Research Working Papers 2-73, Wharton School Rodney L. White Center for Financial Research.
- Gábor Lugosi & Andrew B. Nobel, 1998. "Adaptive model selection using empirical complexities," Economics Working Papers 323, Department of Economics and Business, Universitat Pompeu Fabra.
- Carlos Rivero & Teófilo Valdés, 2004. "Mean-Based Iterative Procedures in Linear Models with General Errors and Grouped Data," Scandinavian Journal of Statistics, Danish Society for Theoretical Statistics;Finnish Statistical Society;Norwegian Statistical Association;Swedish Statistical Association, vol. 31(3), pages 469-486.
- Fan, Jianqing & Jiang, Jiancheng, 2005. "Nonparametric Inferences for Additive Models," Journal of the American Statistical Association, American Statistical Association, vol. 100, pages 890-907, September.
- Michael J. Daniels, 2002. "Bayesian analysis of covariance matrices and dynamic models for longitudinal data," Biometrika, Biometrika Trust, vol. 89(3), pages 553-566, August.
- Smith M. & Kohn R., 2002. "Parsimonious Covariance Matrix Estimation for Longitudinal Data," Journal of the American Statistical Association, American Statistical Association, vol. 97, pages 1141-1153, December.
- Fan J. & Li R., 2001. "Variable Selection via Nonconcave Penalized Likelihood and its Oracle Properties," Journal of the American Statistical Association, American Statistical Association, vol. 96, pages 1348-1360, December.
- Fan, Jianqing & Peng, Heng & Huang, Tao, 2005. "Semilinear High-Dimensional Model for Normalization of Microarray Data: A Theoretical Analysis and Partial Consistency," Journal of the American Statistical Association, American Statistical Association, vol. 100, pages 781-796, September.
- Bradley Efron, 2004. "The Estimation of Prediction Error: Covariance Penalties and Cross-Validation," Journal of the American Statistical Association, American Statistical Association, vol. 99, pages 619-632, January.
- Fama, Eugene F. & French, Kenneth R., 1993. "Common risk factors in the returns on stocks and bonds," Journal of Financial Economics, Elsevier, vol. 33(1), pages 3-56, February.
- Dudoit S. & Fridlyand J. & Speed T. P, 2002. "Comparison of Discrimination Methods for the Classification of Tumors Using Gene Expression Data," Journal of the American Statistical Association, American Statistical Association, vol. 97, pages 77-87, March.
- Wei Biao Wu, 2003. "Nonparametric estimation of large covariance matrices of longitudinal data," Biometrika, Biometrika Trust, vol. 90(4), pages 831-844, December.
- Bair, Eric & Hastie, Trevor & Paul, Debashis & Tibshirani, Robert, 2006. "Prediction by Supervised Principal Components," Journal of the American Statistical Association, American Statistical Association, vol. 101, pages 119-137, March.
- Hui Zou & Trevor Hastie, 2005. "Regularization and variable selection via the elastic net," Journal of the Royal Statistical Society Series B, Royal Statistical Society, vol. 67(2), pages 301-320.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Diego Vidaurre & Concha Bielza & Pedro Larrañaga, 2013. "A Survey of L 1 Regression," International Statistical Review, International Statistical Institute, vol. 81(3), pages 361-387, December.
- Michael Jansson & Demian Pouzo, 2017. "Some Large Sample Results for the Method of Regularized Estimators," Papers 1712.07248, arXiv.org.
- Demian Pouzo, 2015. "On the Non-Asymptotic Properties of Regularized M-estimators," Papers 1512.06290, arXiv.org, revised Oct 2016.
- Dimitris Politis, 2013. "Model-free model-fitting and predictive distributions," TEST: An Official Journal of the Spanish Society of Statistics and Operations Research, Springer;Sociedad de Estadística e Investigación Operativa, vol. 22(2), pages 183-221, June.
- González, Ignacio & Déjean, Sébastien & Martin, Pascal G. P. & Baccini, Alain, 2008. "CCA: An R Package to Extend Canonical Correlation Analysis," Journal of Statistical Software, Foundation for Open Access Statistics, vol. 23(i12).
- van Wieringen, Wessel N. & Peeters, Carel F.W., 2016. "Ridge estimation of inverse covariance matrices from high-dimensional data," Computational Statistics & Data Analysis, Elsevier, vol. 103(C), pages 284-303.
- Campbell R. Harvey & Yan Liu, 2016. "Rethinking Performance Evaluation," NBER Working Papers 22134, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Politis, Dimitris N, 2010. "Model-free Model-fitting and Predictive Distributions," University of California at San Diego, Economics Working Paper Series qt67j6s174, Department of Economics, UC San Diego.
More about this item
KeywordsRegularization; linear regression; nonparametric regression; boosting; covariance matrix; principal component; bootstrap; subsampling; model selection; Primary 62G08; 62H12; Secondary 62F12; 62G20; 62H25;
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:spr:testjl:v:15:y:2006:i:2:p:271-344. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.