Regularization in statistics
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Hao Helen Zhang & Grace Wahba & Yi Lin & Meta Voelker & Michael Ferris & Ronald Klein & Barbara Klein, 2004. "Variable Selection and Model Building via Likelihood Basis Pursuit," Journal of the American Statistical Association, American Statistical Association, vol. 99, pages 659-672, January.
- Ross, Stephen A., 1976.
"The arbitrage theory of capital asset pricing,"
Journal of Economic Theory,
Elsevier, vol. 13(3), pages 341-360, December.
- Stephen A. Ross, "undated". "The Arbitrage Theory of Capital Asset Pricing," Rodney L. White Center for Financial Research Working Papers 02-73, Wharton School Rodney L. White Center for Financial Research.
- Stephen A. Ross, "undated". "The Arbitrage Theory of Capital Asset Pricing," Rodney L. White Center for Financial Research Working Papers 2-73, Wharton School Rodney L. White Center for Financial Research.
- Gábor Lugosi & Andrew B. Nobel, 1998. "Adaptive model selection using empirical complexities," Economics Working Papers 323, Department of Economics and Business, Universitat Pompeu Fabra.
- Carlos Rivero & Teófilo Valdés, 2004. "Mean-Based Iterative Procedures in Linear Models with General Errors and Grouped Data," Scandinavian Journal of Statistics, Danish Society for Theoretical Statistics;Finnish Statistical Society;Norwegian Statistical Association;Swedish Statistical Association, vol. 31(3), pages 469-486.
- Fan, Jianqing & Jiang, Jiancheng, 2005. "Nonparametric Inferences for Additive Models," Journal of the American Statistical Association, American Statistical Association, vol. 100, pages 890-907, September.
- Michael J. Daniels, 2002. "Bayesian analysis of covariance matrices and dynamic models for longitudinal data," Biometrika, Biometrika Trust, vol. 89(3), pages 553-566, August.
- Smith M. & Kohn R., 2002. "Parsimonious Covariance Matrix Estimation for Longitudinal Data," Journal of the American Statistical Association, American Statistical Association, vol. 97, pages 1141-1153, December.
- Fan J. & Li R., 2001. "Variable Selection via Nonconcave Penalized Likelihood and its Oracle Properties," Journal of the American Statistical Association, American Statistical Association, vol. 96, pages 1348-1360, December.
- Fan, Jianqing & Peng, Heng & Huang, Tao, 2005. "Semilinear High-Dimensional Model for Normalization of Microarray Data: A Theoretical Analysis and Partial Consistency," Journal of the American Statistical Association, American Statistical Association, vol. 100, pages 781-796, September.
- Bradley Efron, 2004. "The Estimation of Prediction Error: Covariance Penalties and Cross-Validation," Journal of the American Statistical Association, American Statistical Association, vol. 99, pages 619-632, January.
- Fama, Eugene F. & French, Kenneth R., 1993. "Common risk factors in the returns on stocks and bonds," Journal of Financial Economics, Elsevier, vol. 33(1), pages 3-56, February.
- Dudoit S. & Fridlyand J. & Speed T. P, 2002. "Comparison of Discrimination Methods for the Classification of Tumors Using Gene Expression Data," Journal of the American Statistical Association, American Statistical Association, vol. 97, pages 77-87, March.
- Wei Biao Wu, 2003. "Nonparametric estimation of large covariance matrices of longitudinal data," Biometrika, Biometrika Trust, vol. 90(4), pages 831-844, December.
- Bair, Eric & Hastie, Trevor & Paul, Debashis & Tibshirani, Robert, 2006. "Prediction by Supervised Principal Components," Journal of the American Statistical Association, American Statistical Association, vol. 101, pages 119-137, March.
- Hui Zou & Trevor Hastie, 2005. "Regularization and variable selection via the elastic net," Journal of the Royal Statistical Society Series B, Royal Statistical Society, vol. 67(2), pages 301-320.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Diego Vidaurre & Concha Bielza & Pedro Larrañaga, 2013. "A Survey of L 1 Regression," International Statistical Review, International Statistical Institute, vol. 81(3), pages 361-387, December.
- Michael Jansson & Demian Pouzo, 2017. "Some Large Sample Results for the Method of Regularized Estimators," Papers 1712.07248, arXiv.org.
- Demian Pouzo, 2015. "On the Non-Asymptotic Properties of Regularized M-estimators," Papers 1512.06290, arXiv.org, revised Oct 2016.
- Dimitris Politis, 2013. "Model-free model-fitting and predictive distributions," TEST: An Official Journal of the Spanish Society of Statistics and Operations Research, Springer;Sociedad de Estadística e Investigación Operativa, vol. 22(2), pages 183-221, June.
- González, Ignacio & Déjean, Sébastien & Martin, Pascal G. P. & Baccini, Alain, 2008. "CCA: An R Package to Extend Canonical Correlation Analysis," Journal of Statistical Software, Foundation for Open Access Statistics, vol. 23(i12).
- van Wieringen, Wessel N. & Peeters, Carel F.W., 2016. "Ridge estimation of inverse covariance matrices from high-dimensional data," Computational Statistics & Data Analysis, Elsevier, vol. 103(C), pages 284-303.
- Campbell R. Harvey & Yan Liu, 2016. "Rethinking Performance Evaluation," NBER Working Papers 22134, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Politis, Dimitris N, 2010. "Model-free Model-fitting and Predictive Distributions," University of California at San Diego, Economics Working Paper Series qt67j6s174, Department of Economics, UC San Diego.
More about this item
KeywordsRegularization; linear regression; nonparametric regression; boosting; covariance matrix; principal component; bootstrap; subsampling; model selection; Primary 62G08; 62H12; Secondary 62F12; 62G20; 62H25;
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:spr:testjl:v:15:y:2006:i:2:p:271-344. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Sonal Shukla) or (Rebekah McClure). General contact details of provider: http://www.springer.com .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.