Behaviour of skewness, kurtosis and normality tests in long memory data
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Lobato, Ignacio N. & Velasco, Carlos, 2004. "A Simple Test Of Normality For Time Series," Econometric Theory, Cambridge University Press, vol. 20(04), pages 671-689, August.
- Hassler, Uwe & Wolters, Jurgen, 1995. "Long Memory in Inflation Rates: International Evidence," Journal of Business & Economic Statistics, American Statistical Association, vol. 13(1), pages 37-45, January.
- Baillie, Richard T. & Bollerslev, Tim & Mikkelsen, Hans Ole, 1996.
"Fractionally integrated generalized autoregressive conditional heteroskedasticity,"
Journal of Econometrics,
Elsevier, vol. 74(1), pages 3-30, September.
- Tom Doan, "undated". "RATS programs to replicate Baillie, Bollerslev, Mikkelson FIGARCH results," Statistical Software Components RTZ00009, Boston College Department of Economics.
- Breidt, F. Jay & Crato, Nuno & de Lima, Pedro, 1998. "The detection and estimation of long memory in stochastic volatility," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 83(1-2), pages 325-348.
- Gel, Yulia R. & Gastwirth, Joseph L., 2008. "A robust modification of the Jarque-Bera test of normality," Economics Letters, Elsevier, vol. 99(1), pages 30-32, April.
- Mohamed Boutahar & Velayoudom Marimoutou & Leila Nouira, 2007. "Estimation Methods of the Long Memory Parameter: Monte Carlo Analysis and Application," Journal of Applied Statistics, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 34(3), pages 261-301.
- Fiorentini, Gabriele & Sentana, Enrique & Calzolari, Giorgio, 2004. "On the validity of the Jarque-Bera normality test in conditionally heteroskedastic dynamic regression models," Economics Letters, Elsevier, vol. 83(3), pages 307-312, June.
- Lars Forsberg & Eric Ghysels, 2007. "Why Do Absolute Returns Predict Volatility So Well?," Journal of Financial Econometrics, Society for Financial Econometrics, vol. 5(1), pages 31-67.
- Ahdi Ajmi & Adnen Ben Nasr & Mohamed Boutahar, 2008. "Seasonal Nonlinear Long Memory Model for the US Inflation Rates," Computational Economics, Springer;Society for Computational Economics, vol. 31(3), pages 243-254, April.
- Hosking, Jonathan R. M., 1996. "Asymptotic distributions of the sample mean, autocovariances, and autocorrelations of long-memory time series," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 73(1), pages 261-284, July.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Psaradakis, Zacharias & Vávra, Marián, 2017.
"A distance test of normality for a wide class of stationary processes,"
Econometrics and Statistics,
Elsevier, vol. 2(C), pages 50-60.
- Marian Vavra, 2015. "Testing for normality with applications," Working and Discussion Papers WP 1/2015, Research Department, National Bank of Slovakia.
- Zacharias Psaradakis & Marián Vávra, 2015. "A Distance Test of Normality for a Wide Class of Stationary Processes," Birkbeck Working Papers in Economics and Finance 1513, Birkbeck, Department of Economics, Mathematics & Statistics.
More about this item
KeywordsHermite polynomials; Jarque–Bera normality test; Kurtosis; Long memory data; Skewness;
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:spr:stmapp:v:19:y:2010:i:2:p:193-215. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Sonal Shukla) or (Rebekah McClure). General contact details of provider: http://www.springer.com .