A fuzzy AHP approach to construct international hotel spa atmosphere evaluation model
Governments in all over the world put great efforts on promoting domestic leisure and tourist activities, which leads to the enhancement of market potential and opportunities. Among all hospitality businesses such as restaurants, clubs, recreational villa, spa and beauty salon, international hotels is generating most percentage of profit in this sector. International hotels not only provide basic equipment and intimate service, but also emphasize on extreme quality of atmosphere sensation for customers. This study utilizes a two-step method with Delphi in the first and fuzzy analytic hierarchy process (AHP) (FAHP) in the second phase. The first phase is to collect information and knowledge to construct an AHP hierarchy to evaluate hotel atmosphere. The second phase incorporates a FAHP method to integrate experts’ knowledge and calculate priorities of criteria. This research provides insights of international hotel atmosphere evaluation and directions for future development of hotel atmospheres for decision makers. Copyright Springer Science+Business Media Dordrecht 2014
Volume (Year): 48 (2014)
Issue (Month): 2 (March)
|Contact details of provider:|| Web page: http://www.springer.com/economics/journal/11135|
|Order Information:||Web: http://link.springer.de/orders.htm|
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Buckley, James J. & Feuring, Thomas & Hayashi, Yoichi, 2001. "Fuzzy hierarchical analysis revisited," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 129(1), pages 48-64, February.
- Guitouni, Adel & Martel, Jean-Marc, 1998. "Tentative guidelines to help choosing an appropriate MCDA method," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 109(2), pages 501-521, September.
- Amid, A. & Ghodsypour, S.H. & O'Brien, C., 2011. "A weighted max-min model for fuzzy multi-objective supplier selection in a supply chain," International Journal of Production Economics, Elsevier, vol. 131(1), pages 139-145, May.
- Chan, Felix T.S. & Kumar, Niraj, 2007. "Global supplier development considering risk factors using fuzzy extended AHP-based approach," Omega, Elsevier, vol. 35(4), pages 417-431, August.
- Chang, Da-Yong, 1996. "Applications of the extent analysis method on fuzzy AHP," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 95(3), pages 649-655, December.
- Babin, Barry J. & Hardesty, David M. & Suter, Tracy A., 2003. "Color and shopping intentions: The intervening effect of price fairness and perceived affect," Journal of Business Research, Elsevier, vol. 56(7), pages 541-551, July.
- Hodgkin, Julie & Belton, Valerie & Koulouri, Anastasia, 2005. "Supporting the intelligent MCDA user: A case study in multi-person multi-criteria decision support," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 160(1), pages 172-189, January.
- Shao, Chris Y. & Baker, Julie A. & Wagner, Judy, 2004. "The effects of appropriateness of service contact personnel dress on customer expectations of service quality and purchase intention: The moderating influences of involvement and gender," Journal of Business Research, Elsevier, vol. 57(10), pages 1164-1176, October.
- Borges, Pedro C. & Villavicencio, Arturo, 2004. "Avoiding academic and decorative planning in GHG emissions abatement studies with MCDA:: The Peruvian case," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 152(3), pages 641-654, February.
- Ayağ, Zeki & Gürcan Özdemir, Rifat, 2012. "Evaluating machine tool alternatives through modified TOPSIS and alpha-cut based fuzzy ANP," International Journal of Production Economics, Elsevier, vol. 140(2), pages 630-636.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:spr:qualqt:v:48:y:2014:i:2:p:645-657. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Sonal Shukla)or (Christopher F Baum)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.