Regional efficiency evaluation by input-oriented data envelopment analysis of hotel and restaurant sector
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Crouch, Geoffrey I. & Ritchie, J. R. Brent, 1999. "Tourism, Competitiveness, and Societal Prosperity," Journal of Business Research, Elsevier, vol. 44(3), pages 137-152, March.
- Elena Toma, 2014. "Regional scale efficiency evaluation by input-oriented Data Envelopment Analysis of tourism sector," International Journal of Academic Research in Environment and Geography, Human Resource Management Academic Research Society, International Journal of Academic Research in Environment and Geography, vol. 1(1), pages 15-20, June.
- Boussofiane, A. & Dyson, R. G. & Thanassoulis, E., 1991. "Applied data envelopment analysis," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 52(1), pages 1-15, May.
- Charnes, A. & Cooper, W. W. & Rhodes, E., 1978. "Measuring the efficiency of decision making units," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 2(6), pages 429-444, November.
- Rozenn Perrigot & Gérard Cliquet & Isabelle Piot-Lepetit, 2009. "Plural form chain and efficiency: Insights from theFrench hotel chains and the DEA methodology," Post-Print halshs-00422241, HAL.
- Huang, Chin-wei & Ho, Foo Nin & Chiu, Yung-ho, 2014. "Measurement of tourist hotels׳ productive efficiency, occupancy, and catering service effectiveness using a modified two-stage DEA model in Taiwan," Omega, Elsevier, vol. 48(C), pages 49-59.
- Fei-Ching Wang & Wei-Ting Hung & Jui-Kou Shang, 2006. "Measuring the Cost Efficiency of International Tourist Hotels in Taiwan," Tourism Economics, , vol. 12(1), pages 65-85, March.
- Yuan-ho Lee & Lung-Tan Lu & An-De Sung, 2012. "A Measure to the Operational Performance of International Hotels in Taiwan: DEA and Malmquist Approach," Review of Economics & Finance, Better Advances Press, Canada, vol. 2, pages 73-83, February.
- R. D. Banker & A. Charnes & W. W. Cooper, 1984. "Some Models for Estimating Technical and Scale Inefficiencies in Data Envelopment Analysis," Management Science, INFORMS, vol. 30(9), pages 1078-1092, September.
- Maria Papadakis, 1994. "Did (or does) the United States have a competitiveness crisis?," Journal of Policy Analysis and Management, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 13(1), pages 1-20.
- Alexandros Apostolakis & George Datseris & Constantine Manasakis, "undated". "Using data envelopment analysis to measure hotel efficiency in Crete," Working Papers 1203, University of Crete, Department of Economics.
- Andreas PAPATHEODOROU & Pavlos ARVANITIS, 2014. "Tourism And The Economic Crisis In Greece - Regional Perspectives," Region et Developpement, Region et Developpement, LEAD, Universite du Sud - Toulon Var, vol. 39, pages 183-203.
- Botti, Laurent & Briec, Walter & Cliquet, Gérard, 2009. "Plural forms versus franchise and company-owned systems: A DEA approach of hotel chain performance," Omega, Elsevier, vol. 37(3), pages 566-578, June.
Most related itemsThese are the items that most often cite the same works as this one and are cited by the same works as this one.
- Alberca-Oliver, Pilar & Rodríguez-Oromendía, Ainhoa & Parte-Esteban, Laura, 2015. "Measuring the efficiency of trade shows: A Spanish case study," Tourism Management, Elsevier, vol. 47(C), pages 127-137.
- Manuela Pulina & Valentina Santoni, 2018. "A two-stage DEA approach to analyse the efficiency of the hospitality sector," Tourism Economics, , vol. 24(3), pages 352-365, May.
- Constantino J. Garcia Martin & Amparo Medal-Bartual & Marta Peris-Ortiz, 2014. "Analysis of efficiency and profitability of franchise services," The Service Industries Journal, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 34(9-10), pages 796-810, July.
- Pulina, Manuela & Detotto, Claudio & Paba, Antonello, 2010.
"An investigation into the relationship between size and efficiency of the Italian hospitality sector: A window DEA approach,"
European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 204(3), pages 613-620, August.
- Manuela Pulina & Claudio Detotto & Antonello Paba, 2010. "An investigation into the relationship between size and efficiency of the Italian hospitality sector: A window DEA approach," Post-Print hal-01972847, HAL.
- David Fang & Ming‐Ching Hsueh & Ching‐Ren Chiu, 2020. "An investigation of international hotel productivity considering quasifixed inputs and negative outputs," Managerial and Decision Economics, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 41(3), pages 380-388, April.
- Lado-Sestayo, Rubén & Fernández-Castro, Ángel Santiago, 2019. "The impact of tourist destination on hotel efficiency: A data envelopment analysis approach," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 272(2), pages 674-686.
- George Halkos & Roman Matousek & Nickolaos Tzeremes, 2016. "Pre-evaluating technical efficiency gains from possible mergers and acquisitions: evidence from Japanese regional banks," Review of Quantitative Finance and Accounting, Springer, vol. 46(1), pages 47-77, January.
- Soteriou, Andreas C. & Zenios, Stavros A., 1999. "Using data envelopment analysis for costing bank products," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 114(2), pages 234-248, April.
- Avkiran, Necmi K., 2001. "Investigating technical and scale efficiencies of Australian Universities through data envelopment analysis," Socio-Economic Planning Sciences, Elsevier, vol. 35(1), pages 57-80, March.
- Alessandra Cepparulo & Gilles Mourre, 2020. "How and How Much? The Growth-Friendliness of Public Spending through the Lens," European Economy - Discussion Papers 2015 - 132, Directorate General Economic and Financial Affairs (DG ECFIN), European Commission.
- Zhang, Linjia & Botti, Laurent & Petit, Sylvain, 2016.
"Destination performance: Introducing the utility function in the mean-variance space,"
Tourism Management, Elsevier, vol. 52(C), pages 123-132.
- L. Zhang & L. Botti & Sylvain Petit, 2015. "Destination performance: Introducing the utility function in the Mean-Variance space," Post-Print hal-02974984, HAL.
- Zhang, Linjia & Botti, Laurent & Petit, Sylvain, 2016. "Destination performance: Introducing the utility function in the mean-variance space," MPRA Paper 75080, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Linjia Zhang & Laurent Botti & Sylvain Petit, 2016. "Destination performance: Introducing the utility function in the Mean-Variance space," Post-Print hal-01831499, HAL.
- Francisco Pedraja & Javier Salinas & Peter Smith, 1994. "La restricción de las ponderaciones en el análisis envolvente de datos: una fórmula para mejorar la evaluación de la eficiencia," Investigaciones Economicas, Fundación SEPI, vol. 18(2), pages 365-380, May.
- Fernández, David & Pozo, Carlos & Folgado, Rubén & Jiménez, Laureano & Guillén-Gosálbez, Gonzalo, 2018. "Productivity and energy efficiency assessment of existing industrial gases facilities via data envelopment analysis and the Malmquist index," Applied Energy, Elsevier, vol. 212(C), pages 1563-1577.
- Barrientos, Armando & Boussofiane, Aziz, 2001. "The Efficiency of Pension Fund Managers in Latin America," Centre on Regulation and Competition (CRC) Working papers 30696, University of Manchester, Institute for Development Policy and Management (IDPM).
- E. Thanassoulis & R. Allen, 1998. "Simulating Weights Restrictions in Data Envelopment Analysis by Means of Unobserved DMUs," Management Science, INFORMS, vol. 44(4), pages 586-594, April.
- Barros, Carlos Pestana, 2008. "Airports in Argentina: Technical efficiency in the context of an economic crisis," Journal of Air Transport Management, Elsevier, vol. 14(6), pages 315-319.
- Tseng, Fang-Mei & Chiu, Yu-Jing & Chen, Ja-Shen, 2009. "Measuring business performance in the high-tech manufacturing industry: A case study of Taiwan's large-sized TFT-LCD panel companies," Omega, Elsevier, vol. 37(3), pages 686-697, June.
- Changhee Kim & Soo Wook Kim & Hee Jay Kang & Seung-Min Song, 2017. "What Makes Urban Transportation Efficient? Evidence from Subway Transfer Stations in Korea," Sustainability, MDPI, vol. 9(11), pages 1-18, November.
- Ya-Ling Huang & In-Fun Lee & Yen-Hsien Lee, 2012. "Modeling Operational Efficiency Using Data Envelopment Analysis: Evidence From Atlantic City Hotels," Global Journal of Business Research, The Institute for Business and Finance Research, vol. 6(3), pages 63-72.
- Feng Li & Han Wu & Qingyuan Zhu & Liang Liang & Gang Kou, 2021. "Data envelopment analysis cross efficiency evaluation with reciprocal behaviors," Annals of Operations Research, Springer, vol. 302(1), pages 173-210, July.
More about this item
KeywordsData envelopment analysis; Efficiency; Tourism; Greek regions; Regional analysis;
All these keywords.
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:spr:operea:v:20:y:2020:i:4:d:10.1007_s12351-018-0406-1. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: . General contact details of provider: http://www.springer.com .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: Sonal Shukla or Springer Nature Abstracting and Indexing (email available below). General contact details of provider: http://www.springer.com .
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.