An investigation into the relationship between size and efficiency of the Italian hospitality sector: A window DEA approach
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Gert-Jan Hospers, 2003. "Localization in Europe's Periphery: Tourism Development in Sardinia," European Planning Studies, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 11(6), pages 629-645, September.
- Rozenn Perrigot & Gérard Cliquet & Isabelle Piot-Lepetit, 2009. "Plural form chain and efficiency: Insights from theFrench hotel chains and the DEA methodology," Post-Print halshs-00422241, HAL.
- Cook, Wade D. & Seiford, Larry M., 2009. "Data envelopment analysis (DEA) - Thirty years on," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 192(1), pages 1-17, January.
- R. D. Banker & A. Charnes & W. W. Cooper, 1984. "Some Models for Estimating Technical and Scale Inefficiencies in Data Envelopment Analysis," Management Science, INFORMS, vol. 30(9), pages 1078-1092, September.
- repec:kap:iaecre:v:10:y:2004:i:3:p:215-225 is not listed on IDEAS
- Cullinane Kevin & Song Dong-Wook & Ji Ping & Wang Teng-Fei, 2004. "An Application of DEA Windows Analysis to Container Port Production Efficiency," Review of Network Economics, De Gruyter, vol. 3(2), pages 1-23, June.
- Charnes, A. & Cooper, W. W. & Rhodes, E., 1978. "Measuring the efficiency of decision making units," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 2(6), pages 429-444, November.
- Keh, Hean Tat & Chu, Singfat & Xu, Jiye, 2006. "Efficiency, effectiveness and productivity of marketing in services," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 170(1), pages 265-276, April.
- Botti, Laurent & Briec, Walter & Cliquet, Gérard, 2009. "Plural forms versus franchise and company-owned systems: A DEA approach of hotel chain performance," Omega, Elsevier, vol. 37(3), pages 566-578, June.
- Laurent Botti & Walter Briec & Gérard Cliquet, 2009. "Plural forms versus franchise and company-owned systems:ADEAapproach of hotel chain performance," Post-Print halshs-00348088, HAL.
- Carlos Barros & Fernando Alves, 2004. "Productivity in the tourism industry," International Advances in Economic Research, Springer;International Atlantic Economic Society, vol. 10(3), pages 215-225, October.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- repec:eee:touman:v:36:y:2013:i:c:p:650-657 is not listed on IDEAS
- Alexandros Apostolakis & George Datseris & Constantine Manasakis, "undated". "Using data envelopment analysis to measure hotel efficiency in Crete," Working Papers 1203, University of Crete, Department of Economics.
- Cuccia, Tiziana & Guccio, Calogero & Rizzo, Ilde, 2016. "The effects of UNESCO World Heritage List inscription on tourism destinations performance in Italian regions," Economic Modelling, Elsevier, vol. 53(C), pages 494-508.
- Huang, Chin-wei & Ho, Foo Nin & Chiu, Yung-ho, 2014. "Measurement of tourist hotels׳ productive efficiency, occupancy, and catering service effectiveness using a modified two-stage DEA model in Taiwan," Omega, Elsevier, vol. 48(C), pages 49-59.
- Chao Gary H. & Hsu Maxwell K. & Haas David A., 2014. "Global Market Evaluation: A Longitudinal Efficiency Assessment Approach," Global Economy Journal, De Gruyter, vol. 14(3-4), pages 1-27, October.
- Falavigna, Greta & Ippoliti, Roberto & Manello, Alessandro & Ramello, Giovanni B., 2015. "Judicial productivity, delay and efficiency: A Directional Distance Function (DDF) approach," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 240(2), pages 592-601.
- Halkos, George & Tzeremes, Nickolaos, 2011. "Regional environmental efficiency and economic growth: NUTS2 evidence from Germany, France and the UK," MPRA Paper 33698, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Claudio Detotto & Manuela Pulina & Juan Brida, 2014. "Assessing the productivity of the Italian hospitality sector: a post-WDEA pooled-truncated and spatial analysis," Journal of Productivity Analysis, Springer, vol. 42(2), pages 103-121, October.
- Falavigna, Greta & Ippoliti, Roberto, 2011. "Data Envelopment Analysis e sistemi sanitari regionali italiani," POLIS Working Papers 159, Institute of Public Policy and Public Choice - POLIS.
- Li, Yongjun & Xie, Jianhui & Wang, Meiqiang & Liang, Liang, 2016. "Super efficiency evaluation using a common platform on a cooperative game," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 255(3), pages 884-892.
More about this item
KeywordsWindow data envelopment analysis Efficiency Hotel size Regional analysis;
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:ejores:v:204:y:2010:i:3:p:613-620. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/eor .