Exploring the relationship between local institutions in SAT India and adaptation to climate variability
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Arsenio M. Balisacan & Nobuhiko Fuwa, 2007. "Reasserting the Rural Development Agenda: Lessons Learned and Emerging Challenges in Asia," Books on Agricultural Research and Development, Southeast Asian Regional Center for Graduate Study and Research in Agriculture (SEARCA), number 2007:36, May.
- Elinor Ostrom, 2000. "Collective Action and the Evolution of Social Norms," Journal of Economic Perspectives, American Economic Association, vol. 14(3), pages 137-158, Summer.
- Blaikie, Piers & Brown, Katrina & Stocking, Michael & Tang, Lisa & Dixon, Peter & Sillitoe, Paul, 1997. "Knowledge in action: Local knowledge as a development resource and barriers to its incorporation in natural resource research and development," Agricultural Systems, Elsevier, vol. 55(2), pages 217-237, October.
- Bantilan, MCS & Anand Babu, P & Anupama, GV & Deepthi, H & Padmaja, R, 2006. "Dryland Agriculture: Dynamics, Challenges and Priorities," MPRA Paper 16423, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Raabe, Katharina & Birner, Regina & Sekher, Madhushree & Gayathridevi, K.G. & Shilpi, Amrita & Schiffer, Eva, 2010. "How to overcome the governance challenges of implementing NREGA," IFPRI discussion papers 963, International Food Policy Research Institute (IFPRI).
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Chandra Sekhar Bahinipati & Vijay Kumar & P. K. Viswanathan, 2021. "An evidence-based systematic review on farmers’ adaptation strategies in India," Food Security: The Science, Sociology and Economics of Food Production and Access to Food, Springer;The International Society for Plant Pathology, vol. 13(2), pages 399-418, April.
- Rupsha Banerjee, 2015. "Farmers’ perception of climate change, impact and adaptation strategies: a case study of four villages in the semi-arid regions of India," Natural Hazards: Journal of the International Society for the Prevention and Mitigation of Natural Hazards, Springer;International Society for the Prevention and Mitigation of Natural Hazards, vol. 75(3), pages 2829-2845, February.
- Singh, Amarendra Pratap & Narayanan, Krishnan, 2016. "How can weather affect crop area diversity? Panel data evidence from Andhra Pradesh, a rice growing state of India," Studies in Agricultural Economics, Research Institute for Agricultural Economics, vol. 118(2), pages 1-10, August.
Most related itemsThese are the items that most often cite the same works as this one and are cited by the same works as this one.
- Karla Hoff & Mayuresh Kshetramade & Ernst Fehr, 2011.
"Caste and Punishment: the Legacy of Caste Culture in Norm Enforcement,"
Economic Journal, Royal Economic Society, vol. 121(556), pages 449-475, November.
- Hoff, Karla & Kshetramade, Mayuresh & Fehr, Ernst, 2009. "Caste and punishment : the legacy of caste culture in norm enforcement," Policy Research Working Paper Series 5040, The World Bank.
- Karla Hoff & Mayuresh Kshetramade & Ernst Fehr, 2010. "Caste and punishment: the legacy of caste culture in norm enforcement," IEW - Working Papers 476, Institute for Empirical Research in Economics - University of Zurich.
- Hoff, Karla & Kshetramade, Mayuresh & Fehr, Ernst, 2009. "Caste and Punishment: The Legacy of Caste Culture in Norm Enforcement," IZA Discussion Papers 4343, Institute of Labor Economics (IZA).
- Aurora García‐Gallego & Nikolaos Georgantzís, 2009. "Market Effects of Changes in Consumers' Social Responsibility," Journal of Economics & Management Strategy, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 18(1), pages 235-262, March.
- Dritan Osmani & Richard S.J. Tol, 2008. "Evolution in time of Farsightedly Stable Coalitions: An Application of FUND," Working Papers FNU-162, Research unit Sustainability and Global Change, Hamburg University, revised May 2008.
- Kerri Brick & Martine Visser & Justine Burns, 2012.
"Risk Aversion: Experimental Evidence from South African Fishing Communities,"
American Journal of Agricultural Economics, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association, vol. 94(1), pages 133-152.
- Kerri Brick & Martine Visser & Justine Burns, 2011. "Risk Aversion: Experimental Evidence from South African Fishing Communities," Working Papers 227, Economic Research Southern Africa.
- Gonzalo Olcina & Vicente Calabuig, 2015. "Coordinated Punishment and the Evolution of Cooperation," Journal of Public Economic Theory, Association for Public Economic Theory, vol. 17(2), pages 147-173, April.
- Erin L. Krupka & Roberto A. Weber, 2013.
"Identifying Social Norms Using Coordination Games: Why Does Dictator Game Sharing Vary?,"
Journal of the European Economic Association, European Economic Association, vol. 11(3), pages 495-524, June.
- Krupka, Erin L. & Weber, Roberto A., 2008. "Identifying Social Norms Using Coordination Games: Why Does Dictator Game Sharing Vary?," IZA Discussion Papers 3860, Institute of Labor Economics (IZA).
- Anne-Sarah Chiambretto & Hubert Stahn, 2017.
"Voluntary Management of Fisheries under an Uncertain Background Legislative Threat,"
- Anne-Sarah Chiambretto & Hubert Stahn, 2017. "Voluntary Management of Fisheries under an Uncertain Background Legislative Threat," AMSE Working Papers 1712, Aix-Marseille School of Economics, France.
- Pilar Useche, 2016. "Who Contributes to the Provision of Public Goods at the Community Level? The Case of Potable Water in Ghana," Development Policy Review, Overseas Development Institute, vol. 34(6), pages 869-888, November.
- Patrick Bottazzi & David Crespo & Harry Soria & Hy Dao & Marcelo Serrudo & Jean Paul Benavides & Stefan Schwarzer & Stephan Rist, 2014. "Carbon Sequestration in Community Forests: Trade-offs, Multiple Outcomes and Institutional Diversity in the Bolivian Amazon," Development and Change, International Institute of Social Studies, vol. 45(1), pages 105-131, January.
- Catherine C Eckel & Enrique Fatas & Sara Godoy & Rick K Wilson, 2016. "Group-Level Selection Increases Cooperation in the Public Goods Game," PLOS ONE, Public Library of Science, vol. 11(8), pages 1-13, August.
- Friedman, Rachel S. & Guerrero, Angela M. & McAllister, Ryan R.J. & Rhodes, Jonathan R. & Santika, Truly & Budiharta, Sugeng & Indrawan, Tito & Hutabarat, Joseph A. & Kusworo, Ahmad & Yogaswara, Herry, 2020. "Beyond the community in participatory forest management: A governance network perspective," Land Use Policy, Elsevier, vol. 97(C).
- Bruno S. Frey & Alois Stutzer, 2006. "Environmental Morale and Motivation," CREMA Working Paper Series 2006-17, Center for Research in Economics, Management and the Arts (CREMA).
- Kieran Donaghy, 2011. "Models of travel demand with endogenous preference change and heterogeneous agents," Journal of Geographical Systems, Springer, vol. 13(1), pages 17-30, March.
- Inmaculada Buendía-Martínez & Inmaculada Carrasco Monteagudo, 2020. "The Role of CSR on Social Entrepreneurship: An International Analysis," Sustainability, MDPI, Open Access Journal, vol. 12(17), pages 1-22, August.
- Evans, Lewis & Meade, Richard, 2009. "Alternating Currents or Counter-Revolution? Contemporary Electricity Reform in New Zealand, VUW Press 2005 , 1-346," Working Paper Series 4321, Victoria University of Wellington, The New Zealand Institute for the Study of Competition and Regulation.
- Brigitte Evering, 2012. "Relationships between knowledge(s): implications for ‘knowledge integration’," Journal of Environmental Studies and Sciences, Springer;Association of Environmental Studies and Sciences, vol. 2(4), pages 357-368, November.
- Ugo Merlone & Daren Sandbank & Ferenc Szidarovszky, 2013. "Equilibria analysis in social dilemma games with Skinnerian agents," Mind & Society: Cognitive Studies in Economics and Social Sciences, Springer;Fondazione Rosselli, vol. 12(2), pages 219-233, November.
- Leibbrandt, Andreas & Lynham, John, 2018.
"Does the allocation of property rights matter in the commons?,"
Journal of Environmental Economics and Management, Elsevier, vol. 89(C), pages 201-217.
- Andreas Leibbrandt & John Lynham, 2017. "Does the Allocation of Property Rights Matter in the Commons?," Monash Economics Working Papers 04-17, Monash University, Department of Economics.
- Bellemare, Charles & Kroger, Sabine, 2007.
"On representative social capital,"
European Economic Review, Elsevier, vol. 51(1), pages 183-202, January.
- Bellemare, C. & Kroger, S., 2004. "On Representative Social Capital," Discussion Paper 2004-57, Tilburg University, Center for Economic Research.
- Bellemare, Charles & Kröger, Sabine, 2004. "On Representative Social Capital," IZA Discussion Papers 1145, Institute of Labor Economics (IZA).
- Charles Bellemare & Sabine Kroger, 2005. "On representative social capital," Artefactual Field Experiments 00006, The Field Experiments Website.
- Charles Bellemare & Sabine Kroger, 2005. "On Representative Social Capital," Cahiers de recherche 0504, CIRPEE.
- de Melo, Gioia & Piaggio, Matías, 2015.
"The perils of peer punishment: Evidence from a common pool resource framed field experiment,"
Ecological Economics, Elsevier, vol. 120(C), pages 376-393.
- Gioia de Melo Sella, 2012. "The perils of peer punishment: Evidence from a common pool resource framed field experiment," Working Papers 201238, Latin American and Caribbean Environmental Economics Program, revised 2012.
- de Melo, Gioia & Piaggio, Matías, 2014. "The perils of peer punishment: evidence from a common pool resource framed field experiment," 2014 Annual Meeting, July 27-29, 2014, Minneapolis, Minnesota 170571, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association.
- Gioia de Melo & Matías Piaggio, 2012. "The perils of peer punishment. Evidence from a common pool resource framed field experiment," Documentos de Trabajo (working papers) 12-16, Instituto de Economia - IECON.
More about this item
KeywordsClimate change; Perceptions; Institutions; Adaptation behaviour; Adaptation constraints;
All these keywords.
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:spr:nathaz:v:65:y:2013:i:3:p:1443-1464. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: . General contact details of provider: http://www.springer.com .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: Sonal Shukla or Springer Nature Abstracting and Indexing (email available below). General contact details of provider: http://www.springer.com .
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.