Gini’s mean difference offers a response to Leamer’s critique
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Peter J. Lambert & Andre' Decoster, 2005.
"The Gini coefficient reveals more,"
Metron - International Journal of Statistics, Dipartimento di Statistica, Probabilità e Statistiche Applicate - University of Rome, vol. 0(3), pages 373-400.
- Peter J. Lambert & Andre Decoster, 2004. "The Gini Coefficient Reveals More," University of Oregon Economics Department Working Papers 2004-18, University of Oregon Economics Department, revised 05 Dec 2004.
- Peter J. Lambert & André Decoster, 2005. "The Gini Coefficient Reveals More," Working Papers of Department of Economics, Leuven ces0508, KU Leuven, Faculty of Economics and Business (FEB), Department of Economics, Leuven.
- Shlomo Yitzhaki & Edna Schechtman, 2004. "The Gini Instrumental Variable, or the “double instrumental variable” estimator," Metron - International Journal of Statistics, Dipartimento di Statistica, Probabilità e Statistiche Applicate - University of Rome, vol. 0(3), pages 287-313.
- M. Grazia Pittau & Shlomo Yitzhaki & Roberto Zelli, 2015.
"The “Make-up” of a Regression Coefficient: Gender Gaps in the European Labor Market,"
Review of Income and Wealth, International Association for Research in Income and Wealth, vol. 61(3), pages 401-421, September.
- M. Grazia Pittau & Shlomo Yitzhaki & Roberto Zelli, 2013. "The make-up of a regression coefficient: gender gaps in the European labor market," DSS Empirical Economics and Econometrics Working Papers Series 2013/4, Centre for Empirical Economics and Econometrics, Department of Statistics, "Sapienza" University of Rome.
- Leamer, Edward E, 1983. "Let's Take the Con Out of Econometrics," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 73(1), pages 31-43, March.
- John Ioannidis & Chris Doucouliagos, 2013. "What'S To Know About The Credibility Of Empirical Economics?," Journal of Economic Surveys, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 27(5), pages 997-1004, December.
- Yitzhaki, Shlomo, 1982. "Stochastic Dominance, Mean Variance, and Gini's Mean Difference," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 72(1), pages 178-185, March.
- Yitzhaki, Shlomo & Schechtman, Edna, 2012. "Identifying monotonic and non-monotonic relationships," Economics Letters, Elsevier, vol. 116(1), pages 23-25.
- Yitzhaki, Shlomo, 1996. "On Using Linear Regressions in Welfare Economics," Journal of Business & Economic Statistics, American Statistical Association, vol. 14(4), pages 478-486, October.
- Matti Langel & Yves Tillé, 2013. "Variance estimation of the Gini index: revisiting a result several times published," Journal of the Royal Statistical Society Series A, Royal Statistical Society, vol. 176(2), pages 521-540, February.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Schröder, Carsten & Yitzhaki, Shlomo, 2017.
"Revisiting the evidence for cardinal treatment of ordinal variables,"
European Economic Review, Elsevier, vol. 92(C), pages 337-358.
- Carsten Schröder & Shlomo Yitzhaki, 2015. "Revisiting the Evidence for a Cardinal Treatment of Ordinal Variables," SOEPpapers on Multidisciplinary Panel Data Research 772, DIW Berlin, The German Socio-Economic Panel (SOEP).
- Emanuela Raffinetti & Elena Siletti & Achille Vernizzi, 2017. "Analyzing the Effects of Negative and Non-negative Values on Income Inequality: Evidence from the Survey of Household Income and Wealth of the Bank of Italy (2012)," Social Indicators Research: An International and Interdisciplinary Journal for Quality-of-Life Measurement, Springer, vol. 133(1), pages 185-207, August.
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:spr:metron:v:73:y:2015:i:1:p:31-43. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Sonal Shukla) or (Springer Nature Abstracting and Indexing). General contact details of provider: http://www.springer.com .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.