The Gini Coefficient Reveals More
Download full text from publisher
Other versions of this item:
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Ivica Urban & Peter J. Lambert, 2008.
"Redistribution, Horizontal Inequity, and Reranking: How to Measure Them Properly,"
Public Finance Review,
, vol. 36(5), pages 563-587, September.
- Ivica Urban & Peter J. Lambert, 2005. "Redistribution, horizontal inequity and reranking: how to measure them properly," University of Oregon Economics Department Working Papers 2005-12, University of Oregon Economics Department.
- Schröder, Carsten & Yitzhaki, Shlomo, 2017.
"Revisiting the evidence for cardinal treatment of ordinal variables,"
European Economic Review,
Elsevier, vol. 92(C), pages 337-358.
- Carsten Schröder & Shlomo Yitzhaki, 2015. "Revisiting the Evidence for a Cardinal Treatment of Ordinal Variables," SOEPpapers on Multidisciplinary Panel Data Research 772, DIW Berlin, The German Socio-Economic Panel (SOEP).
- Ebert, Udo, 2010.
"The decomposition of inequality reconsidered: Weakly decomposable measures,"
Mathematical Social Sciences,
Elsevier, vol. 60(2), pages 94-103, September.
- Udo Ebert, 2010. "The decomposition of inequality reconsidered: Weakly decomposable measures," Working Papers V-325-10, University of Oldenburg, Department of Economics, revised May 2010.
- Mornet, Pauline & Zoli, Claudio & Mussard, Stéphane & Sadefo-Kamdem, Jules & Seyte, Françoise & Terraza, Michel, 2013. "The (α, β)-multi-level α-Gini decomposition with an illustration to income inequality in France in 2005," Economic Modelling, Elsevier, vol. 35(C), pages 944-963.
- Paolo Liberati & Shlomo Yitzhaki, 2012. "GDP and beyond: an implementation of welfare considerations to the distribution of earnings in Italy," Departmental Working Papers of Economics - University 'Roma Tre' 0146, Department of Economics - University Roma Tre.
- Bönke, Timm & Schröder, Carsten, 2007.
"Equivalence scales reconsidered: an empirical investigation,"
Economics Working Papers
2007-31, Christian-Albrechts-University of Kiel, Department of Economics.
- Timm Bönke & Carsten Schröder, 2008. "Equivalence scales reconsidered – an empirical investigation," Working Papers 102, ECINEQ, Society for the Study of Economic Inequality.
- Bönke, Timm & Schröder, Carsten, 2007. "Equivalence scales reconsidered an empirical investigation," Discussion Papers 2007/21, Free University Berlin, School of Business & Economics.
- Paolo Liberati, 2015.
"The World Distribution of Income And Its Inequality, 1970–2009,"
Review of Income and Wealth,
International Association for Research in Income and Wealth, vol. 61(2), pages 248-273, June.
- Paolo Liberati, 2012. "The world distribution of income and its inequality, 1970 - 2009," Departmental Working Papers of Economics - University 'Roma Tre' 0163, Department of Economics - University Roma Tre.
- Ingvild Almås & Tarjei Havnes & Magne Mogstad, 2011.
"Baby booming inequality? Demographic change and earnings inequality in Norway, 1967–2000,"
The Journal of Economic Inequality,
Springer;Society for the Study of Economic Inequality, vol. 9(4), pages 629-650, December.
- Ingvild Almås & Tarjei Havnes & Magne Mogstad, 2010. "Baby Booming Inequality? Demographic Change and Earnings Inequality in Norway, 1967-2000," CESifo Working Paper Series 3200, CESifo Group Munich.
- Almas, Ingvild & Havnes, Tarjei & Mogstad, Magne, 2011. "Baby Booming Inequality? Demographic Change and Earnings Inequality in Norway, 1967-2000," CEPR Discussion Papers 8393, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Jiandong Chen & Dai Dai & Ming Pu & Wenxuan Hou & Qiaobin Feng, 2010. "The trend of the Gini coefficient of China," Global Development Institute Working Paper Series 10910, GDI, The University of Manchester.
- Shlomo Yitzhaki & Edna Schechtman, 2009. "The “melting pot”: A success story?," The Journal of Economic Inequality, Springer;Society for the Study of Economic Inequality, vol. 7(2), pages 137-151, June.
- Javier MartÃn-RomÃ¡n & Luis Ayala & Juan Vicente, 2017. "Regional inequality in decentralized countries: a multi-country analysis using LIS," LIS Working papers 697, LIS Cross-National Data Center in Luxembourg.
- Allanson, Paul, 2014.
"Income stratification and between-group inequality,"
Elsevier, vol. 124(2), pages 227-230.
- Allanson, Paul, 2013. "Income stratification and between-group inequality," SIRE Discussion Papers 2013-113, Scottish Institute for Research in Economics (SIRE).
- Paul Allanson, 2013. "Income stratification and between-group inequality," Dundee Discussion Papers in Economics 275, Economic Studies, University of Dundee.
- repec:bla:istatr:v:85:y:2017:i:2:p:325-339 is not listed on IDEAS
- Ingvild Almås & Magne Mogstad, 2009.
"Older or Wealthier? The Impact of Age Adjustments on the Wealth Inequality Ranking of Countries,"
583, Statistics Norway, Research Department.
- Almås, Ingvild & Mogstad, Magne, 2010. "Older or Wealthier? The Impact of Age Adjustment on Cross-Sectional Inequality Measures," Discussion Paper Series in Economics 9/2010, Norwegian School of Economics, Department of Economics.
- Chen, Jiandong & Cheng, Shulei & Song, Malin & Wang, Jia, 2016. "Interregional differences of coal carbon dioxide emissions in China," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 96(C), pages 1-13.
- repec:gam:jsusta:v:9:y:2017:i:6:p:1046-:d:101639 is not listed on IDEAS
- Shlomo Yitzhaki, 2015. "Gini’s mean difference offers a response to Leamer’s critique," METRON, Springer;Sapienza Università di Roma, vol. 73(1), pages 31-43, April.
- Magne Mogstad & Ingvild AlmÃ¥s, 2009. "Older or Wealthier? The Impact of Age Adjustments on the Wealth Inequality Ranking of Countries," LWS Working papers 9, LIS Cross-National Data Center in Luxembourg.
- Timm BÃ¶nke & Carsten SchrÃ¶der, 2007. "Inequality and welfare estimates using two alternative weighting schemes," LIS Working papers 463, LIS Cross-National Data Center in Luxembourg.
- Monti, maria & Santoro, alessandro, 2010. "Stratification and between-group inequality: a new approach to measurement," MPRA Paper 29361, University Library of Munich, Germany.
More about this item
KeywordsGini decomposition; inequality decomposition; Gini residual;
- D63 - Microeconomics - - Welfare Economics - - - Equity, Justice, Inequality, and Other Normative Criteria and Measurement
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:ore:uoecwp:2004-18. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Bill Harbaugh). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/deuorus.html .
We have no references for this item. You can help adding them by using this form .