The Gini coefficient reveals more
Download full text from publisher
Other versions of this item:
- Peter J. Lambert & Andre Decoster, 2004. "The Gini Coefficient Reveals More," University of Oregon Economics Department Working Papers 2004-18, University of Oregon Economics Department, revised 05 Dec 2004.
- Peter J. Lambert & André Decoster, 2005. "The Gini Coefficient Reveals More," Working Papers Department of Economics ces0508, KU Leuven, Faculty of Economics and Business, Department of Economics.
References listed on IDEAS
- Davydov, Youri & Zitikis, Ricardas, 2002. "Convergence of generalized Lorenz curves based on stationary ergodic random sequences with deterministic noise," Statistics & Probability Letters, Elsevier, vol. 59(4), pages 329-340, October.
- Gastwirth, Joseph L, 1971. "A General Definition of the Lorenz Curve," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 39(6), pages 1037-1039, November.
- Giovanni Maria Giorgi, 2005. "A fresh look at the topical interest of the Gini concentration ratio," Econometrics 0511005, EconWPA.
- Giovanni Maria Giorgi, 2005. "Bibliographic portrait of the Gini concentration ratio," Econometrics 0511004, EconWPA.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Ivica Urban & Peter J. Lambert, 2008.
"Redistribution, Horizontal Inequity, and Reranking: How to Measure Them Properly,"
Public Finance Review,
, vol. 36(5), pages 563-587, September.
- Ivica Urban & Peter J. Lambert, 2005. "Redistribution, horizontal inequity and reranking: how to measure them properly," University of Oregon Economics Department Working Papers 2005-12, University of Oregon Economics Department.
- Schröder, Carsten & Yitzhaki, Shlomo, 2017.
"Revisiting the evidence for cardinal treatment of ordinal variables,"
European Economic Review,
Elsevier, vol. 92(C), pages 337-358.
- Carsten Schröder & Shlomo Yitzhaki, 2015. "Revisiting the Evidence for a Cardinal Treatment of Ordinal Variables," SOEPpapers on Multidisciplinary Panel Data Research 772, DIW Berlin, The German Socio-Economic Panel (SOEP).
- Ebert, Udo, 2010.
"The decomposition of inequality reconsidered: Weakly decomposable measures,"
Mathematical Social Sciences,
Elsevier, vol. 60(2), pages 94-103, September.
- Udo Ebert, 2010. "The decomposition of inequality reconsidered: Weakly decomposable measures," Working Papers V-325-10, University of Oldenburg, Department of Economics, revised May 2010.
- Mornet, Pauline & Zoli, Claudio & Mussard, Stéphane & Sadefo-Kamdem, Jules & Seyte, Françoise & Terraza, Michel, 2013. "The (α, β)-multi-level α-Gini decomposition with an illustration to income inequality in France in 2005," Economic Modelling, Elsevier, vol. 35(C), pages 944-963.
- Paolo Liberati & Shlomo Yitzhaki, 2012. "GDP and beyond: an implementation of welfare considerations to the distribution of earnings in Italy," Departmental Working Papers of Economics - University 'Roma Tre' 0146, Department of Economics - University Roma Tre.
- Bönke, Timm & Schröder, Carsten, 2007.
"Equivalence scales reconsidered: an empirical investigation,"
Economics Working Papers
2007-31, Christian-Albrechts-University of Kiel, Department of Economics.
- Timm Bönke & Carsten Schröder, 2008. "Equivalence scales reconsidered – an empirical investigation," Working Papers 102, ECINEQ, Society for the Study of Economic Inequality.
- Bönke, Timm & Schröder, Carsten, 2007. "Equivalence scales reconsidered an empirical investigation," Discussion Papers 2007/21, Free University Berlin, School of Business & Economics.
- Ingvild Almås & Tarjei Havnes & Magne Mogstad, 2011.
"Baby booming inequality? Demographic change and earnings inequality in Norway, 1967–2000,"
The Journal of Economic Inequality,
Springer;Society for the Study of Economic Inequality, vol. 9(4), pages 629-650, December.
- Ingvild AlmÃ¥s & Tarjei Havnes & Magne Mogstad, 2010. "Baby Booming Inequality? Demographic Change and Earnings Inequality in Norway, 1967-2000," CESifo Working Paper Series 3200, CESifo Group Munich.
- Almas, Ingvild & Havnes, Tarjei & Mogstad, Magne, 2011. "Baby Booming Inequality? Demographic Change and Earnings Inequality in Norway, 1967-2000," CEPR Discussion Papers 8393, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Jiandong Chen & Dai Dai & Ming Pu & Wenxuan Hou & Qiaobin Feng, 2010. "The trend of the Gini coefficient of China," Brooks World Poverty Institute Working Paper Series 10910, BWPI, The University of Manchester.
- Shlomo Yitzhaki & Edna Schechtman, 2009. "The “melting pot”: A success story?," The Journal of Economic Inequality, Springer;Society for the Study of Economic Inequality, vol. 7(2), pages 137-151, June.
- Javier MartÃn-RomÃ¡n & Luis Ayala & Juan Vicente, 2017. "Regional inequality in decentralized countries: a multi-country analysis using LIS," LIS Working papers 697, LIS Cross-National Data Center in Luxembourg.
- Allanson, Paul, 2014.
"Income stratification and between-group inequality,"
Elsevier, vol. 124(2), pages 227-230.
- Allanson, Paul, 2013. "Income stratification and between-group inequality," SIRE Discussion Papers 2013-113, Scottish Institute for Research in Economics (SIRE).
- Paul Allanson, 2013. "Income stratification and between-group inequality," Dundee Discussion Papers in Economics 275, Economic Studies, University of Dundee.
- repec:bla:istatr:v:85:y:2017:i:2:p:325-339 is not listed on IDEAS
- Almås, Ingvild & Mogstad, Magne, 2010. "Older or Wealthier? The Impact of Age Adjustment on Cross-Sectional Inequality Measures," Discussion Paper Series in Economics 9/2010, Norwegian School of Economics, Department of Economics.
- Chen, Jiandong & Cheng, Shulei & Song, Malin & Wang, Jia, 2016. "Interregional differences of coal carbon dioxide emissions in China," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 96(C), pages 1-13.
- repec:gam:jsusta:v:9:y:2017:i:6:p:1046-:d:101639 is not listed on IDEAS
- Shlomo Yitzhaki, 2015. "Gini’s mean difference offers a response to Leamer’s critique," METRON, Springer;Sapienza Università di Roma, vol. 73(1), pages 31-43, April.
- Magne Mogstad & Ingvild AlmÃ¥s, 2009. "Older or Wealthier? The Impact of Age Adjustments on the Wealth Inequality Ranking of Countries," LWS Working papers 9, LIS Cross-National Data Center in Luxembourg.
- Timm BÃ¶nke & Carsten SchrÃ¶der, 2007. "Inequality and welfare estimates using two alternative weighting schemes," LIS Working papers 463, LIS Cross-National Data Center in Luxembourg.
- Monti, maria & Santoro, alessandro, 2010. "Stratification and between-group inequality: a new approach to measurement," MPRA Paper 29361, University Library of Munich, Germany.
More about this item
- D63 - Microeconomics - - Welfare Economics - - - Equity, Justice, Inequality, and Other Normative Criteria and Measurement
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:mtn:ancoec:si5. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
We have no references for this item. You can help adding them by using this form .