How Much Should We Trust Linear Instrumental Variables Estimators? An Application to Family Size and Children's Education
Download full text from publisher
Other versions of this item:
- Magne Mogstad & Matthew Wiswall, 2009. "How Linear Models Can Mask Non-Linear Causal Relationships. An Application to Family Size and Children's Education," Discussion Papers 586, Statistics Norway, Research Department.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Mathias Kuepie & Michel Tenikue & Samuel Nouetagni & Nicaise Misangumukini, 2014. "Number, Age Composition and School Achievements of Siblings in Two African Capital Cities," Oxford Development Studies, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 42(4), pages 534-552, December.
- Román David Zárate, 2013. "Family size and children quality: New evidence and new exogenous shocks in the case of Colombian Households," DOCUMENTOS CEDE 010588, UNIVERSIDAD DE LOS ANDES-CEDE.
- Ibañez, Marcela & Rai, Ashok & Riener, Gerhard, 2015. "Sorting through affirmative action: Three field experiments in Colombia," DICE Discussion Papers 183, University of Düsseldorf, Düsseldorf Institute for Competition Economics (DICE).
- Aaberge, Rolf & Mogstad, Magne & Peragine, Vito, 2011.
"Measuring long-term inequality of opportunity,"
Journal of Public Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 95(3-4), pages 193-204, April.
- Rolf Aaberge & Magne Mogstad & Vito Peragine, 2010. "Measuring long-term inequality of opportunity," Discussion Papers 620, Statistics Norway, Research Department.
- Aaberge, Rolf & Mogstad, Magne & Peragine, Vito, 2010. "Measuring Long-Term Inequality of Opportunity," IZA Discussion Papers 4714, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Rolf Aaberge & Magne Mogstad & Vito Peragine, 2010. "Measuring long-term inequality of opportunity," Working Papers 158, ECINEQ, Society for the Study of Economic Inequality.
- Katrine V. Løken & Magne Mogstad & Matthew Wiswall, 2012.
"What Linear Estimators Miss: The Effects of Family Income on Child Outcomes,"
American Economic Journal: Applied Economics,
American Economic Association, vol. 4(2), pages 1-35, April.
- Loken, Katrine Vellesen & Mogstad, Magne & Wiswall, Matthew, 2010. "What Linear Estimators Miss: Re-Examining the Effects of Family Income on Child Outcomes," IZA Discussion Papers 4971, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Løken, Katrine Vellesen & Mogstad, Magne & Wiswall, Matthew, 2011. "What Linear Estimators Miss: The E ects of Family Income on Child Outcomes," Working Papers in Economics 02/11, University of Bergen, Department of Economics.
- Mogstad, M. & Wiswall, M., 2012.
"Instrumental variables estimation with partially missing instruments,"
Elsevier, vol. 114(2), pages 186-189.
- Mogstad, Magne & Wiswall, Matthew, 2010. "Instrumental Variables Estimation with Partially Missing Instruments," IZA Discussion Papers 4689, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Parfait Eloundou-Enyegue & Sarah Giroux, 2012. "Fertility Transitions and Schooling: From Micro- to Macro-Level Associations," Demography, Springer;Population Association of America (PAA), vol. 49(4), pages 1407-1432, November.
More about this item
Keywordsinstrumental variables; variable treatment intensity; treatment effect heterogeneity; selection bias; quantity-quality; family size; child outcome;
- C31 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Multiple or Simultaneous Equation Models; Multiple Variables - - - Cross-Sectional Models; Spatial Models; Treatment Effect Models; Quantile Regressions; Social Interaction Models
- C14 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Econometric and Statistical Methods and Methodology: General - - - Semiparametric and Nonparametric Methods: General
- J13 - Labor and Demographic Economics - - Demographic Economics - - - Fertility; Family Planning; Child Care; Children; Youth
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2009-11-27 (All new papers)
- NEP-ECM-2009-11-27 (Econometrics)
- NEP-EDU-2009-11-27 (Education)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:iza:izadps:dp4562. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Mark Fallak). General contact details of provider: http://www.iza.org .
We have no references for this item. You can help adding them by using this form .