Log-concavity and monotonicity of hazard and reversed hazard functions of univariate and multivariate skew-normal distributions
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Mark Bagnoli & Ted Bergstrom, 2005. "Log-concave probability and its applications," Economic Theory, Springer;Society for the Advancement of Economic Theory (SAET), vol. 26(2), pages 445-469, August.
- Jamalizadeh, A. & Behboodian, J. & Balakrishnan, N., 2008. "A two-parameter generalized skew-normal distribution," Statistics & Probability Letters, Elsevier, vol. 78(13), pages 1722-1726, September.
- Ramesh Gupta & Rameshwar Gupta, 2004. "Generalized skew normal model," TEST: An Official Journal of the Spanish Society of Statistics and Operations Research, Springer;Sociedad de Estadística e Investigación Operativa, vol. 13(2), pages 501-524, December.
- An, Mark Yuying, 1998.
"Logconcavity versus Logconvexity: A Complete Characterization,"
Journal of Economic Theory,
Elsevier, vol. 80(2), pages 350-369, June.
- An, Mark Yuying, 1995. "Logconcavity versus Logconvexity: A Complete Characterization," Working Papers 95-03, Duke University, Department of Economics.
- Ma, Chunsheng, 2000. "A Note on the Multivariate Normal Hazard," Journal of Multivariate Analysis, Elsevier, vol. 73(2), pages 282-283, May.
- Jamalizadeh, A. & Balakrishnan, N., 2010. "Distributions of order statistics and linear combinations of order statistics from an elliptical distribution as mixtures of unified skew-elliptical distributions," Journal of Multivariate Analysis, Elsevier, vol. 101(6), pages 1412-1427, July.
- Arjun Gupta & John Chen, 2004. "A class of multivariate skew-normal models," Annals of the Institute of Statistical Mathematics, Springer;The Institute of Statistical Mathematics, vol. 56(2), pages 305-315, June.
- Adelchi Azzalini, 2005. "The Skew-normal Distribution and Related Multivariate Families," Scandinavian Journal of Statistics, Danish Society for Theoretical Statistics;Finnish Statistical Society;Norwegian Statistical Association;Swedish Statistical Association, vol. 32(2), pages 159-188.
- Yadegari, Iraj & Gerami, Abbas & Khaledi, Majid Jafari, 2008. "A generalization of the Balakrishnan skew-normal distribution," Statistics & Probability Letters, Elsevier, vol. 78(10), pages 1165-1167, August.
- Jorge Navarro & Moshe Shaked, 2010. "Some properties of the minimum and the maximum of random variables with joint logconcave distributions," Metrika: International Journal for Theoretical and Applied Statistics, Springer, vol. 71(3), pages 313-317, May.
- Gupta, Pushpa L. & Gupta, Ramesh C., 1997. "On the Multivariate Normal Hazard," Journal of Multivariate Analysis, Elsevier, vol. 62(1), pages 64-73, July.
- Taizhong Hu & Ying Li, 2007. "Increasing failure rate and decreasing reversed hazard rate properties of the minimum and maximum of multivariate distributions with log-concave densities," Metrika: International Journal for Theoretical and Applied Statistics, Springer, vol. 65(3), pages 325-330, May.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Søren Asmussen & Jaakko Lehtomaa, 2017. "Distinguishing Log-Concavity from Heavy Tails," Risks, MDPI, Open Access Journal, vol. 5(1), pages 1-14, February.
- Ramesh C. Gupta & Barry C. Arnold, 2016. "Preservation of failure rate function shape in weighted distributions," AStA Advances in Statistical Analysis, Springer;German Statistical Society, vol. 100(1), pages 1-20, January.
- Kampkötter, Patrick & Sliwka, Dirk, 2014. "Wage premia for newly hired employees," Labour Economics, Elsevier, vol. 31(C), pages 45-60.
More about this item
KeywordsLog-concavity; Monotonicity; Hazard gradient; Reversed hazard function; Multivariate normal distribution; Log-concave density function; Skew-normal distributions; Multivariate skew-normal distributions;
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:spr:metrik:v:75:y:2012:i:2:p:181-191. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Sonal Shukla) or (Rebekah McClure). General contact details of provider: http://www.springer.com .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.