Isolation and technological innovation
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Lopolito, A. & Morone, P. & Taylor, R., 2013. "Emerging innovation niches: An agent based model," Research Policy, Elsevier, vol. 42(6), pages 1225-1238.
- Genus, Audley & Coles, Anne-Marie, 2008. "Rethinking the multi-level perspective of technological transitions," Research Policy, Elsevier, vol. 37(9), pages 1436-1445, October.
- Bryn Battersby & Robert Ewing, 2005. "International Trade Performance: The Gravity of Australia's Remoteness," Treasury Working Papers 2005-03, The Treasury, Australian Government, revised Jun 2005.
- Georgy Levit & Uwe Hossfeld & Ulrich Witt, 2011.
"Can Darwinism be “Generalized” and of what use would this be?,"
Journal of Evolutionary Economics, Springer, vol. 21(4), pages 545-562, October.
- Georgy S. Levit & Uwe Hossfeld & Ulrich Witt, 2010. "Can Darwinism Be "Generalized" and of What Use Would This Be?," Papers on Economics and Evolution 2010-07, Philipps University Marburg, Department of Geography.
- Bryn Battersby, 2007. "Does distance matter?: The effect of geographic isolation on productivity levels," OECD Economic Studies, OECD Publishing, vol. 2006(1), pages 205-225.
- Bryn Battersby, 2006. "Does distance matter? The effect of geographic isolation on productivity levels," Treasury Working Papers 2006-03, The Treasury, Australian Government, revised Apr 2006.
- Levinthal, Daniel A, 1998. "The Slow Pace of Rapid Technological Change: Gradualism and Punctuation in Technological Change," Industrial and Corporate Change, Oxford University Press, vol. 7(2), pages 217-247, June.
- Nooteboom, Bart & Van Haverbeke, Wim & Duysters, Geert & Gilsing, Victor & van den Oord, Ad, 2007.
"Optimal cognitive distance and absorptive capacity,"
Research Policy, Elsevier, vol. 36(7), pages 1016-1034, September.
- Nooteboom, B. & Vanheverbeke, W.P.M. & Duysters, G.M. & Gilsing, V.A. & Oord van den, A.J., 2005. "Optimal cognitive distance and absorptive capacity," Working Papers 05.05, Eindhoven Center for Innovation Studies.
- Nooteboom, B. & Vanhaverbeke, W.P.M. & Duijsters, G.M. & Gilsing, V.A. & Oord, A., 2006. "Optimal Cognitive Distance and Absorptive Capacity," Other publications TiSEM eb5155cb-c888-4301-a667-9, Tilburg University, School of Economics and Management.
- Nooteboom, B. & Vanhaverbeke, W.P.M. & Duijsters, G.M. & Gilsing, V.A. & Oord, A., 2006. "Optimal Cognitive Distance and Absorptive Capacity," Discussion Paper 2006-33, Tilburg University, Center for Economic Research.
- Dosi, Giovanni & Nelson, Richard R, 1994. "An Introduction to Evolutionary Theories in Economics," Journal of Evolutionary Economics, Springer, vol. 4(3), pages 153-172, September.
- Ruttan, Vernon W., 2006.
"Is War Necessary for Economic Growth?: Military Procurement and Technology Development,"
Oxford University Press, number 9780195188042.
- Ruttan, Vernon W., 2006. "Is War Necessary for Economic Growth? Military Procurement and Technology Development," Staff Papers 13534, University of Minnesota, Department of Applied Economics.
- Nicholas Dew & S. Sarasvathy & S. Venkataraman, 2004. "The economic implications of exaptation," Journal of Evolutionary Economics, Springer, vol. 14(1), pages 69-84, January.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Muhamed Kudic & Wilfried Ehrenfeld & Toralf Pusch, 2015. "On the trail of core–periphery patterns in innovation networks: measurements and new empirical findings from the German laser industry," The Annals of Regional Science, Springer;Western Regional Science Association, vol. 55(1), pages 187-220, October.
- Areti Gkypali & Kostas Kounetas & Kostas Tsekouras, 2019. "European countries’ competitiveness and productive performance evolution: unraveling the complexity in a heterogeneity context," Journal of Evolutionary Economics, Springer, vol. 29(2), pages 665-695, April.
- Kudic, Muhamed & Ehrenfeld, Wilfried & Pusch, Toralf, 2015. "Isolation and Innovation – Two Contradictory Concepts? Explorative Findings from the German Laser Industry," IWH Discussion Papers 1/2015, Halle Institute for Economic Research (IWH).
Most related itemsThese are the items that most often cite the same works as this one and are cited by the same works as this one.
- Pier-Paolo Saviotti & Andreas Pyka¤ & Bogang Jun, 0. "Diversification, structural change, and economic development," Journal of Evolutionary Economics, Springer, vol. 0, pages 1-35.
- Givanni Bonfani & Marco Villani, 2013. "Exaptation in innovation processes: theory and models," Chapters, in: Anna Grandori (ed.), Handbook of Economic Organization, chapter 10, Edward Elgar Publishing.
- Pierre-Alexandre Balland & Ron Boschma & Koen Frenken, 2015.
"Proximity and Innovation: From Statics to Dynamics,"
Regional Studies, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 49(6), pages 907-920, June.
- Pierre-Alexandre Balland & Ron Boschma & Koen Frenken, 2013. "Proximity and Innovation: From Statics to Dynamics," Papers in Evolutionary Economic Geography (PEEG) 1314, Utrecht University, Department of Human Geography and Spatial Planning, Group Economic Geography, revised Aug 2013.
- Gianpaolo Abatecola & Fiorenza Belussi & Dermot Breslin & Igor Filatotchev, 2016. "Darwinism, organizational evolution and survival: key challenges for future research," Journal of Management & Governance, Springer;Accademia Italiana di Economia Aziendale (AIDEA), vol. 20(1), pages 1-17, March.
- Dew, Nicholas & Read, Stuart & Sarasvathy, Saras D. & Wiltbank, Robert, 2008. "Outlines of a behavioral theory of the entrepreneurial firm," Journal of Economic Behavior & Organization, Elsevier, vol. 66(1), pages 37-59, April.
- Geels, Frank W., 2020. "Micro-foundations of the multi-level perspective on socio-technical transitions: Developing a multi-dimensional model of agency through crossovers between social constructivism, evolutionary economics," Technological Forecasting and Social Change, Elsevier, vol. 152(C).
- Sarpong, David & Dong, Shi & Appiah, Gloria, 2016. "‘Vinyl never say die’: The re-incarnation, adoption and diffusion of retro-technologies," Technological Forecasting and Social Change, Elsevier, vol. 103(C), pages 109-118.
- Andriani, Pierpaolo & Carignani, Giuseppe, 2014. "Modular exaptation: A missing link in the synthesis of artificial form," Research Policy, Elsevier, vol. 43(9), pages 1608-1620.
- De Noni, Ivan & Ganzaroli, Andrea & Pilotti, Luciano, 2021. "Spawning exaptive opportunities in European regions: The missing link in the smart specialization framework," Research Policy, Elsevier, vol. 50(6).
- Aaltonen, Päivi Hanna Maria, 2020. "Piecing together a puzzle—A review and research agenda on internationalization and the promise of exaptation," International Business Review, Elsevier, vol. 29(4).
- Grazia D Santangelo & Tamara Stucchi, 2018. "Internationalization through exaptation: The role of domestic geographical dispersion in the internationalization process," Journal of International Business Studies, Palgrave Macmillan;Academy of International Business, vol. 49(6), pages 753-760, August.
- Giovanni Bonifati, 2013. "Exaptation and emerging degeneracy in innovation processes," Economics of Innovation and New Technology, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 22(1), pages 1-21, January.
- Mastrogiorgio, Mariano & Gilsing, Victor, 2016. "Innovation through exaptation and its determinants: The role of technological complexity, analogy making & patent scope," Research Policy, Elsevier, vol. 45(7), pages 1419-1435.
- Geels, Frank W., 2010. "Ontologies, socio-technical transitions (to sustainability), and the multi-level perspective," Research Policy, Elsevier, vol. 39(4), pages 495-510, May.
- Darío Vázquez, 2020. "Variety patterns in defense and health technological systems: evidence from international trade data," Journal of Evolutionary Economics, Springer, vol. 30(4), pages 949-988, September.
- Magnusson, Thomas & Berggren, Christian, 2018. "Competing innovation systems and the need for redeployment in sustainability transitions," Technological Forecasting and Social Change, Elsevier, vol. 126(C), pages 217-230.
- Pierpaolo Andriani & Ayfer Ali & Mariano Mastrogiorgio, 2017. "Measuring Exaptation and Its Impact on Innovation, Search, and Problem Solving," Organization Science, INFORMS, vol. 28(2), pages 320-338, April.
- Mariana Mazzucato, 2015. "From Market Fixing to Market-Creating: A New Framework for Economic Policy," SPRU Working Paper Series 2015-25, SPRU - Science Policy Research Unit, University of Sussex Business School.
- Pier-Paolo Saviotti & Andreas Pyka¤ & Bogang Jun, 2020. "Diversification, structural change, and economic development," Journal of Evolutionary Economics, Springer, vol. 30(5), pages 1301-1335, November.
- Avdeitchikova , Sofia & Coenen, Lars, 2013. "Commercializing clean technology innovations – the emergence of new business in an agency-structure perspective," Papers in Innovation Studies 2013/6, Lund University, CIRCLE - Centre for Innovation Research.
More about this item
KeywordsIsolation; Innovation; Evolution; Technology; Defence; O330;
All these keywords.
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:spr:joevec:v:24:y:2014:i:2:p:357-376. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: . General contact details of provider: http://www.springer.com .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: Sonal Shukla or Springer Nature Abstracting and Indexing (email available below). General contact details of provider: http://www.springer.com .
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.