Great Recession and Income Inequality: a State-level Analysis
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Robert Argento & Victoria L. Bryant & John Sabelhaus, 2015. "Early Withdrawals From Retirement Accounts During The Great Recession," Contemporary Economic Policy, Western Economic Association International, vol. 33(1), pages 1-16, January.
- Lambert, Peter J & Aronson, J Richard, 1993. "Inequality Decomposition Analysis and the Gini Coefficient Revisited," Economic Journal, Royal Economic Society, vol. 103(420), pages 1221-1227, September.
- Mariña Fernández Salgado & Francesco Figari & Holly Sutherland & Alberto Tumino, 2014.
"Welfare Compensation for Unemployment in the Great Recession,"
Review of Income and Wealth, International Association for Research in Income and Wealth, vol. 60(S1), pages 177-204, May.
- Fernandez Salgado, MariÃ±a & Figari, Francesco & Sutherland, Holly & Tumino, Alberto, 2012. "Welfare compensation for unemployment in the Great Recession," EUROMOD Working Papers EM3/12, EUROMOD at the Institute for Social and Economic Research.
- Gary Hoover & Mehmet Yaya, 2010. "Racial/Ethnic Differences in Income Inequality Across US Regions," The Review of Black Political Economy, Springer;National Economic Association, vol. 37(2), pages 79-114, June.
- Thomas Masterson & Ajit Zacharias & Fernando Rios-Avila & Edward N. Wolff, 2019.
"The Great Recession and Racial Inequality: Evidence from Measures of Economic Well-Being,"
Journal of Economic Issues, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 53(4), pages 1048-1069, October.
- Thomas Masterson & Ajit Zacharias & Fernando Rios-Avila & Edward N. Wolff, 2017. "The Great Recession and Racial Inequality: Evidence from Measures of Economic Well-Being," Economics Working Paper Archive wp_880, Levy Economics Institute.
Most related itemsThese are the items that most often cite the same works as this one and are cited by the same works as this one.
- Stéphane Mussard & Kuan Xu, 2006. "Multidimensional Decomposition of the Sen Index: Some Further Thoughts," Cahiers de recherche 06-08, Departement d'Economique de l'École de gestion à l'Université de Sherbrooke.
- Holly Sutherland & Francesco Figari, 2013.
"EUROMOD: the European Union tax-benefit microsimulation model,"
International Journal of Microsimulation, International Microsimulation Association, vol. 1(6), pages 4-26.
- Sutherland, Holly & Figari, Francesco, 2013. "EUROMOD: the European Union tax-benefit microsimulation model," EUROMOD Working Papers EM8/13, EUROMOD at the Institute for Social and Economic Research.
- Onrubia Fernández, Jorge & Picos, Fidel & Rodado, María del Carmen, 2019.
"Shifting tax burden to top income earners: What is the best way to reduce inequality?,"
Economics - The Open-Access, Open-Assessment E-Journal (2007-2020), Kiel Institute for the World Economy (IfW), vol. 13, pages 1-31.
- Onrubia Fernández, Jorge & Picos, Fidel & Rodado, María del Carmen, 2019. "Shifting tax burden to top income earners: What is the best way to reduce inequality?," Economics Discussion Papers 2019-26, Kiel Institute for the World Economy (IfW).
- Guido Erreygers & Roselinde Kessels & Linkun Chen & Philip Clarke, 2016. "Decomposing Socioeconomic Inequality of Health," EcoMod2016 9574, EcoMod.
- Shaohua Chen & Martin Ravallion, 2020.
"Reconciling the Conflicting Narratives on Poverty in China,"
NBER Working Papers
28147, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Martin Ravallion & Shaohua Chen, 2021. "Reconciling the Conflicting Narratives on Poverty in China," Working Papers gueconwpa~21-21-09, Georgetown University, Department of Economics.
- Xiaofeng Lv & Gupeng Zhang & Guangyu Ren, 2017. "Gini index estimation for lifetime data," Lifetime Data Analysis: An International Journal Devoted to Statistical Methods and Applications for Time-to-Event Data, Springer, vol. 23(2), pages 275-304, April.
- Allanson, Paul, 2014.
"Income stratification and between-group inequality,"
Economics Letters, Elsevier, vol. 124(2), pages 227-230.
- Allanson, Paul, 2013. "Income stratification and between-group inequality," SIRE Discussion Papers 2013-113, Scottish Institute for Research in Economics (SIRE).
- Paul Allanson, 2013. "Income stratification and between-group inequality," Dundee Discussion Papers in Economics 275, Economic Studies, University of Dundee.
- Modalsli, Jørgen, 2011.
"Inequality and growth in the very long run: inferring inequality from data on social groups,"
11/2011, Oslo University, Department of Economics.
- Jørgen Modalsli, 2013. "Inequality and growth in the very long run: Inferring inequality from data on social groups," Discussion Papers 734, Statistics Norway, Research Department.
- Hai Zhong, 2010. "The impact of missing data in the estimation of concentration index: a potential source of bias," The European Journal of Health Economics, Springer;Deutsche Gesellschaft für Gesundheitsökonomie (DGGÖ), vol. 11(3), pages 255-266, June.
- Tom Van Ourti & Philip Clarke, 2008. "The Bias of the Gini Coefficient due to Grouping," Tinbergen Institute Discussion Papers 08-095/3, Tinbergen Institute.
- Goerlich, Francisco José & Mas, Matilde, 2008. "Pautas de localización de la población a lo largo del siglo XX [Population localization patterns along the XX century]," MPRA Paper 15824, University Library of Munich, Germany, revised 2008.
- Kacper Grejcz & Zbigniew Żółkiewski, 2017. "Household wealth in Poland: the results of a new survey of household finance," Bank i Kredyt, Narodowy Bank Polski, vol. 48(3), pages 295-326.
- Magne Mogstad, 2007. "Measuring Income Inequality under Restricted Interpersonal Comparability," Discussion Papers 498, Statistics Norway, Research Department.
- Dawkins, Casey J., 2005. "Tiebout choice and residential segregation by race in US metropolitan areas, 1980-2000," Regional Science and Urban Economics, Elsevier, vol. 35(6), pages 734-755, November.
- Adam Wagstaff & Eddy van Doorslaer, 2004. "Overall versus socioeconomic health inequality: a measurement framework and two empirical illustrations," Health Economics, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 13(3), pages 297-301, March.
- Yang, Gaiqiang & Guo, Ping & Huo, Lijuan & Ren, Chongfeng, 2015. "Optimization of the irrigation water resources for Shijin irrigation district in north China," Agricultural Water Management, Elsevier, vol. 158(C), pages 82-98.
- Ivica Urban & Peter J. Lambert, 2008.
"Redistribution, Horizontal Inequity, and Reranking: How to Measure Them Properly,"
Public Finance Review, , vol. 36(5), pages 563-587, September.
- Ivica Urban & Peter J. Lambert, 2005. "Redistribution, horizontal inequity and reranking: how to measure them properly," University of Oregon Economics Department Working Papers 2005-12, University of Oregon Economics Department.
- Sorger, Gerhard & Stark, Oded, 2013.
"Income redistribution going awry: The reversal power of the concern for relative deprivation,"
Journal of Economic Behavior & Organization, Elsevier, vol. 86(C), pages 1-9.
- Stark, Oded & Sorger, Gerhard, 2012. "Income redistribution going awry: The reversal power of the concern for relative deprivation," University of Tübingen Working Papers in Business and Economics 47, University of Tuebingen, Faculty of Economics and Social Sciences, School of Business and Economics.
- Sorger, Gerhard & Stark, Oded, 2012. "Income redistribution going awry: The reversal power of the concern for relative deprivation," Discussion Papers 142407, University of Bonn, Center for Development Research (ZEF).
- Ingvild Almås & Magne Mogstad, 2009.
"Older or Wealthier? The Impact of Age Adjustments on the Wealth Inequality Ranking of Countries,"
583, Statistics Norway, Research Department.
- Almås, Ingvild & Mogstad, Magne, 2010. "Older or Wealthier? The Impact of Age Adjustment on Cross-Sectional Inequality Measures," Discussion Paper Series in Economics 9/2010, Norwegian School of Economics, Department of Economics.
- Adam Wagstaff, 2005. "Inequality decomposition and geographic targeting with applications to China and Vietnam," Health Economics, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 14(6), pages 649-653, June.
More about this item
KeywordsGreat Recession; Income inequality; Race; Ethnic minorities;
All these keywords.
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:spr:joerap:v:1:y:2018:i:2:d:10.1007_s41996-018-0016-6. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: . General contact details of provider: http://www.springer.com .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: Sonal Shukla or Springer Nature Abstracting and Indexing (email available below). General contact details of provider: http://www.springer.com .
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.