When parties are not teams: party positions in single-member district and proportional representation systems
No abstract is available for this item.
Volume (Year): 49 (2012)
Issue (Month): 3 (April)
|Contact details of provider:|| Web page: http://www.springer.com|
|Order Information:||Web: http://www.springer.com/economics/economic+theory/journal/199/PS2|
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- David P. Baron & Daniel Diermeier, 2001. "Elections, Governments, and Parliaments in Proportional Representation Systems," The Quarterly Journal of Economics, Oxford University Press, vol. 116(3), pages 933-967.
- Roemer, John E., 1998. "Why the poor do not expropriate the rich: an old argument in new garb," Journal of Public Economics, Elsevier, vol. 70(3), pages 399-424, December.
- Thomas R. Palfrey, 1984. "Spatial Equilibrium with Entry," Review of Economic Studies, Oxford University Press, vol. 51(1), pages 139-156.
- Calvert, Randall L. & Isaac, R. Mark., 1978.
"The Inherent Disadvantage of the Presidential Party in Midterm Congressional Elections,"
191, California Institute of Technology, Division of the Humanities and Social Sciences.
- Randall Calvert & R. Isaac, 1981. "The inherent disadvantage of the presidential party in midterm congressional elections," Public Choice, Springer, vol. 36(1), pages 141-146, January.
- Poutvaara, Panu, 2003.
"Party Platforms with Endogenous Party Membership,"
Springer, vol. 117(1-2), pages 79-98, October.
- Wittman, Donald, 1977. "Candidates with policy preferences: A dynamic model," Journal of Economic Theory, Elsevier, vol. 14(1), pages 180-189, February.
- Steven Callander, 2005. "Electoral Competition in Heterogeneous Districts," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 113(5), pages 1116-1145, October.
- Stephen Coate & Brian Knight, 2005. "Socially Optimal Districting," NBER Working Papers 11462, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:spr:joecth:v:49:y:2012:i:3:p:521-547. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Sonal Shukla)or (Rebekah McClure)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.