When parties are not teams: party positions in single-member district and proportional representation systems
No abstract is available for this item.
Volume (Year): 49 (2012)
Issue (Month): 3 (April)
|Contact details of provider:|| Web page: http://link.springer.de/link/service/journals/00199/index.htm|
|Order Information:||Web: http://link.springer.de/orders.htm|
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Poutvaara, Panu, 2003.
"Party platforms with endogenous party membership,"
Munich Reprints in Economics
19298, University of Munich, Department of Economics.
- Roemer, John E., 1998. "Why the poor do not expropriate the rich: an old argument in new garb," Journal of Public Economics, Elsevier, vol. 70(3), pages 399-424, December.
- Steven Callander, 2005. "Electoral Competition in Heterogeneous Districts," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 113(5), pages 1116-1145, October.
- Randall Calvert & R. Isaac, 1981.
"The inherent disadvantage of the presidential party in midterm congressional elections,"
Springer, vol. 36(1), pages 141-146, January.
- Calvert, Randall L. & Isaac, R. Mark., 1978. "The Inherent Disadvantage of the Presidential Party in Midterm Congressional Elections," Working Papers 191, California Institute of Technology, Division of the Humanities and Social Sciences.
- Stephen Coate & Brian Knight, 2005. "Socially Optimal Districting," NBER Working Papers 11462, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- David P. Baron & Daniel Diermeier, 2001. "Elections, Governments, And Parliaments In Proportional Representation Systems," The Quarterly Journal of Economics, MIT Press, vol. 116(3), pages 933-967, August.
- Wittman, Donald, 1977. "Candidates with policy preferences: A dynamic model," Journal of Economic Theory, Elsevier, vol. 14(1), pages 180-189, February.
- Palfrey, Thomas R, 1984. "Spatial Equilibrium with Entry," Review of Economic Studies, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 51(1), pages 139-56, January.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:spr:joecth:v:49:y:2012:i:3:p:521-547. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Guenther Eichhorn)or (Christopher F Baum)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.