When parties are not teams: party positions in single-member district and proportional representation systems
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Steven Callander, 2005. "Electoral Competition in Heterogeneous Districts," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 113(5), pages 1116-1145, October.
- repec:cup:apsrev:v:88:y:1994:i:01:p:33-47_09 is not listed on IDEAS
- David P. Baron & Daniel Diermeier, 2001. "Elections, Governments, and Parliaments in Proportional Representation Systems," The Quarterly Journal of Economics, Oxford University Press, vol. 116(3), pages 933-967.
- Stephen Coate & Brian Knight, 2005. "Socially Optimal Districting," NBER Working Papers 11462, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Randall Calvert & R. Isaac, 1981.
"The inherent disadvantage of the presidential party in midterm congressional elections,"
Springer, vol. 36(1), pages 141-146, January.
- Calvert, Randall L. & Isaac, R. Mark., 1978. "The Inherent Disadvantage of the Presidential Party in Midterm Congressional Elections," Working Papers 191, California Institute of Technology, Division of the Humanities and Social Sciences.
- Poutvaara, Panu, 2003. "Party Platforms with Endogenous Party Membership," Public Choice, Springer, vol. 117(1-2), pages 79-98, October.
- Roemer, John E., 1998. "Why the poor do not expropriate the rich: an old argument in new garb," Journal of Public Economics, Elsevier, vol. 70(3), pages 399-424, December.
- Thomas R. Palfrey, 1984. "Spatial Equilibrium with Entry," Review of Economic Studies, Oxford University Press, vol. 51(1), pages 139-156.
- repec:cup:apsrev:v:82:y:1988:i:02:p:405-422_08 is not listed on IDEAS
- repec:cup:apsrev:v:77:y:1983:i:04:p:974-990_25 is not listed on IDEAS
- Austen-Smith, David & Banks, Jeffrey, 1988. "Elections, Coalitions, and Legislative Outcomes," American Political Science Review, Cambridge University Press, vol. 82(02), pages 405-422, June.
- Wittman, Donald, 1977. "Candidates with policy preferences: A dynamic model," Journal of Economic Theory, Elsevier, vol. 14(1), pages 180-189, February.
- repec:cup:apsrev:v:93:y:1999:i:01:p:187-191_21 is not listed on IDEAS
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Francesco Squintani, 2012. "Introduction to the symposium in political economy," Economic Theory, Springer;Society for the Advancement of Economic Theory (SAET), vol. 49(3), pages 513-519, April.
- Aragonès, Enriqueta & Xefteris, Dimitrios, 2017. "Voters' private valuation of candidates' quality," Journal of Public Economics, Elsevier, vol. 156(C), pages 121-130.
- Dimitrios Xefteris, 2016. "Candidate valence in a spatial model with entry," University of Cyprus Working Papers in Economics 05-2016, University of Cyprus Department of Economics.
- repec:kap:pubcho:v:173:y:2017:i:1:d:10.1007_s11127-017-0463-7 is not listed on IDEAS
- Andrei M. Gomberg & Francisco Marhuenda & Ignacio Ortuño-Ortín, 2016.
"Endogenous party platforms: ‘stochastic’ membership,"
Springer;Society for the Advancement of Economic Theory (SAET), vol. 62(4), pages 839-866, October.
- Andrei Gomberg & Francisco Marhuenda & Ignacio Ortuño-Ortín, 2013. "Endogenous party platforms; "Stochastic" Membership," Working Papers 1307, Centro de Investigacion Economica, ITAM.
- Emanuel V. Towfigh & Sebastian J. Goerg & Andreas Glöckner & Philip Leifeld & Aniol Llorente-Saguer & Sophie Bade & Carlos Kurschilgen, 2016. "Do direct-democratic procedures lead to higher acceptance than political representation?," Public Choice, Springer, vol. 167(1), pages 47-65, April.
More about this item
KeywordsPolitical economy; Elections; Political parties; 1235: Political Economy;
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:spr:joecth:v:49:y:2012:i:3:p:521-547. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Sonal Shukla) or (Rebekah McClure). General contact details of provider: http://www.springer.com .