Optimal sale across venues and auctions with a buy-now option
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Stanley Reynolds & John Wooders, 2009.
"Auctions with a buy price,"
Springer;Society for the Advancement of Economic Theory (SAET), vol. 38(1), pages 9-39, January.
- John Wooders & Stanley S. Reynolds, 2004. "Auctions with a Buy Price," Econometric Society 2004 North American Summer Meetings 130, Econometric Society.
- Bulow, Jeremy & Roberts, John, 1989. "The Simple Economics of Optimal Auctions," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 97(5), pages 1060-1090, October.
- Budish, Eric B. & Takeyama, Lisa N., 2001. "Buy prices in online auctions: irrationality on the internet?," Economics Letters, Elsevier, vol. 72(3), pages 325-333, September.
- Matthews, Steven A., 1983.
"Selling to risk averse buyers with unobservable tastes,"
Journal of Economic Theory,
Elsevier, vol. 30(2), pages 370-400, August.
- Steven A. Matthews, 1981. "Selling to Risk Averse Buyers with Unobservable Tastes," Discussion Papers 480S, Northwestern University, Center for Mathematical Studies in Economics and Management Science.
- Timothy Mathews & Brett Katzman, 2006. "The role of varying risk attitudes in an auction with a buyout option," Economic Theory, Springer;Society for the Advancement of Economic Theory (SAET), vol. 27(3), pages 597-613, April.
- Maskin, Eric S & Riley, John G, 1984. "Optimal Auctions with Risk Averse Buyers," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 52(6), pages 1473-1518, November.
- Hidvegi, Zoltan & Wang, Wenli & Whinston, Andrew B., 2006. "Buy-price English auction," Journal of Economic Theory, Elsevier, vol. 129(1), pages 31-56, July.
- Paul Milgrom & Ilya Segal, 2002. "Envelope Theorems for Arbitrary Choice Sets," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 70(2), pages 583-601, March.
- Milgrom,Paul, 2004. "Putting Auction Theory to Work," Cambridge Books, Cambridge University Press, number 9780521536721, May.
- George Deltas, 2002. "Determining damages from the operation of bidding rings: An analysis of the post-auction `knockout' sale," Economic Theory, Springer;Society for the Advancement of Economic Theory (SAET), vol. 19(2), pages 243-269.
- Subir Bose & Arup Daripa, 2007. "Optimal Sale: Auctions with a Buy-Now Option," Birkbeck Working Papers in Economics and Finance 0702, Birkbeck, Department of Economics, Mathematics & Statistics.
- Holt, Charles A, Jr, 1980. "Competitive Bidding for Contracts under Alternative Auction Procedures," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 88(3), pages 433-445, June.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Shunda, Nicholas, 2009.
"Auctions with a buy price: The case of reference-dependent preferences,"
Games and Economic Behavior,
Elsevier, vol. 67(2), pages 645-664, November.
- Nicholas Shunda, 2007. "Auctions with a Buy Price: The Case of Reference-Dependent Preferences," Working papers 2007-42, University of Connecticut, Department of Economics.
- Monteiro, Paulo Klinger & Svaiter, Benar Fux, 2010.
"Optimal auction with a general distribution: Virtual valuation without densities,"
Journal of Mathematical Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 46(1), pages 21-31, January.
- Svaiter, Benar Fux & Monteiro, P. K., 2008. "Optimal auction with a general distribution: virtual valuation without densities," FGV/EPGE Economics Working Papers (Ensaios Economicos da EPGE) 681, FGV/EPGE - Escola Brasileira de Economia e Finanças, Getulio Vargas Foundation (Brazil).
- Shunda, Nicholas, 2009.
"Auctioning with Aspirations: Keep Them Low (Enough),"
16242, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Nicholas Shunda, 2009. "Auctioning with Aspirations: Keep Them Low (Enough)," Alumni working papers 2009-02, University of Connecticut, Department of Economics.
- Chen, Kong-Pin & Liu, Yu-Sheng & Yu, Ya-Ting, 2012. "The Seller's listing strategy in online auctions: evidence from eBay," MPRA Paper 38369, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- George Deltas, 2009. "Introduction to the Symposium," Economic Theory, Springer;Society for the Advancement of Economic Theory (SAET), vol. 38(1), pages 1-7, January.
- Kevin Hasker & Robin Sickles, 2010. "eBay in the Economic Literature: Analysis of an Auction Marketplace," Review of Industrial Organization, Springer;The Industrial Organization Society, vol. 37(1), pages 3-42, August.
More about this item
KeywordsOptimal auction; eBay auctions; Temporary buy-now option; Permanent buy-now option; Heterogeneous sales venues; Posted price; Price discrimination; D44;
- D44 - Microeconomics - - Market Structure, Pricing, and Design - - - Auctions
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:spr:joecth:v:38:y:2009:i:1:p:137-168. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Sonal Shukla) or (Rebekah McClure). General contact details of provider: http://www.springer.com .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.