Second chance offers versus sequential auctions: theory and behavior
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Hoffman Elizabeth & McCabe Kevin & Shachat Keith & Smith Vernon, 1994. "Preferences, Property Rights, and Anonymity in Bargaining Games," Games and Economic Behavior, Elsevier, vol. 7(3), pages 346-380, November.
- Jacob K. Goeree & Charles R. Plott & John Wooders, 2004.
"Bidders' Choice Auctions: Raising Revenues Through the Right to Choose,"
Journal of the European Economic Association,
MIT Press, vol. 2(2-3), pages 504-515, 04/05.
- Goeree, Jacob & Plott, Charles & Wooders, John, 2003. "Bidders' choice auctions: Raising revenues through the right to choose," Working Papers 1181, California Institute of Technology, Division of the Humanities and Social Sciences.
- Ilya Segal, 2003. "Optimal Pricing Mechanisms with Unknown Demand," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 93(3), pages 509-529, June.
- Forsythe Robert & Horowitz Joel L. & Savin N. E. & Sefton Martin, 1994. "Fairness in Simple Bargaining Experiments," Games and Economic Behavior, Elsevier, vol. 6(3), pages 347-369, May.
- Guth, Werner & Tietz, Reinhard, 1990. "Ultimatum bargaining behavior : A survey and comparison of experimental results," Journal of Economic Psychology, Elsevier, vol. 11(3), pages 417-449, September.
- Milgrom, Paul R & Weber, Robert J, 1982. "A Theory of Auctions and Competitive Bidding," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 50(5), pages 1089-1122, September.
- Engelbrecht-Wiggans, Richard, 1996. "Auctions with Noncompetitive Sales," Games and Economic Behavior, Elsevier, vol. 16(1), pages 54-64, September.
- Patrick Bajari & Ali Hortacsu, 2002. "Cyberspace Auctions and Pricing Issues: A Review of Empirical Findings," Working Papers 02005, Stanford University, Department of Economics.
- Levin, Dan & Smith, James L, 1994. "Equilibrium in Auctions with Entry," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 84(3), pages 585-599, June.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Vernon L. Smith & Bart J. Wilson, 2017. "Equilibrium Play in Voluntary Ultimatum Games: Beneficence Cannot Be Extorted," Working Papers 17-17, Chapman University, Economic Science Institute.
- Jason Shachat & Lijia Tan, 2015.
"An Experimental Investigation of Auctions and Bargaining in Procurement,"
INFORMS, vol. 61(5), pages 1036-1051, May.
- Shachat, Jason & Tan, Lijia, 2012. "An experimental investigation of auctions and bargaining in procurement," MPRA Paper 42409, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Jason Shachat & Lijia Tan, 2013. "An Experimental Investigation of Auctions and Bargaining in Procurement," WISE Working Papers 2013-10-14, Wang Yanan Institute for Studies in Economics (WISE), Xiamen University.
- Jason Shachat & Lijia Tan, 2012. "An experimental investigation of auctions and bargaining in procurement," Working Papers 1203, Xiamen Unversity, The Wang Yanan Institute for Studies in Economics, Finance and Economics Experimental Laboratory, revised 17 Oct 2012.
- Francesco Giovannoni & Miltiadis Makris, 2014. "Reputational Bidding," International Economic Review, Department of Economics, University of Pennsylvania and Osaka University Institute of Social and Economic Research Association, vol. 55, pages 693-710, August.
- Shahriar, Quazi & Wooders, John, 2011. "An experimental study of auctions with a buy price under private and common values," Games and Economic Behavior, Elsevier, vol. 72(2), pages 558-573, June.
- Garratt, Rodney J. & Troger, Thomas, 2013. "Second-chance offers," University of California at Santa Barbara, Economics Working Paper Series qt7j75b943, Department of Economics, UC Santa Barbara.
- Miguel A. Fonseca & Francesco Giovannoni & Miltiadis Makris, 2016. "Auctions with external incentives: Experimental evidence," Discussion Papers 1602, Exeter University, Department of Economics.
- Anthony M. Kwasnica & Katerina Sherstyuk, 2013. "Multiunit Auctions," Journal of Economic Surveys, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 27(3), pages 461-490, July.
- Aniruddha Bagchi & Brett Katzman & Timothy Mathews, 2014. "Second chance offers in auctions," Journal of Economics, Springer, vol. 112(1), pages 1-29, May.
- Damian Damianov, 2012. "Seller competition by mechanism design," Economic Theory, Springer;Society for the Advancement of Economic Theory (SAET), vol. 51(1), pages 105-137, September.
More about this item
KeywordsAscending auctions; Ultimatum games; Mixed strategies; Experimental economics; D44; C90;
- D44 - Microeconomics - - Market Structure, Pricing, and Design - - - Auctions
- C90 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Design of Experiments - - - General
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:spr:joecth:v:34:y:2008:i:1:p:47-67. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Sonal Shukla) or (Rebekah McClure). General contact details of provider: http://www.springer.com .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.