Monopoly power and the firm’s valuation: a dynamic analysis of short versus long-term policies
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version below or search for a different version of it.
Other versions of this item:
- Basak, Suleyman & Pavlova, Anna, 2003. "Monopoly Power And The Firm'S Valuation: A Dynamic Analysis Of Short Versus Long-Term Policies," Working papers 4234-01, Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT), Sloan School of Management.
- Basak, Suleyman & Pavlova, Anna, 2002. "Monopoly Power and the Firm's Valuation: A Dynamic Analysis of Short versus Long-Term Policies," CEPR Discussion Papers 3425, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
References listed on IDEAS
- Jaskold Gabszewicz, Jean & Vial, Jean-Philippe, 1972.
"Oligopoly "A la cournot" in a general equilibrium analysis,"
Journal of Economic Theory,
Elsevier, vol. 4(3), pages 381-400, June.
- JASKOLD GABSZEWICZ, Jean & VIAL, Jean-Philippe, 1972. "Oligopoly "à la Cournot" in a general equilibrium analysis," CORE Discussion Papers RP 106, Université catholique de Louvain, Center for Operations Research and Econometrics (CORE).
- Dow, James & Gorton, Gary, 1997.
" Stock Market Efficiency and Economic Efficiency: Is There a Connection?,"
Journal of Finance,
American Finance Association, vol. 52(3), pages 1087-1129, July.
- James Dow & Gary Gorton, "undated". "Stock Market Efficiency and Economic Efficiency: Is There a Connection?," Rodney L. White Center for Financial Research Working Papers 16-95, Wharton School Rodney L. White Center for Financial Research.
- Davidson, Malcolm & Gorton, Gary B, 1995. "Stock Market Efficiency and Economic Efficiency: Is There a Connection?," CEPR Discussion Papers 1261, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- James Dow & Gary Gorton, 1995. "Stock Market Efficiency and Economic Efficiency: Is There a Connection?," NBER Working Papers 5233, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Sundaresan, S.M., 2000. "Continuous-Time Methods in Finance: A Review and an Assessment," Papers 00-03, Columbia - Graduate School of Business.
- Robert A. Jarrow, 2008.
"Market Manipulation, Bubbles, Corners, and Short Squeezes,"
World Scientific Book Chapters,in: Financial Derivatives Pricing Selected Works of Robert Jarrow, chapter 6, pages 105-130
World Scientific Publishing Co. Pte. Ltd..
- Jarrow, Robert A., 1992. "Market Manipulation, Bubbles, Corners, and Short Squeezes," Journal of Financial and Quantitative Analysis, Cambridge University Press, vol. 27(03), pages 311-336, September.
- Birgit Grodal & Egbert Dierker, 1999.
"The price normalization problem in imperfect competition and the objective of the firm,"
Springer;Society for the Advancement of Economic Theory (SAET), vol. 14(2), pages 257-284.
- Egbert Dierker & Birgit Grodal, 1996. "The Price Normalization Problem in Imperfect Competition and the Objective of the Firm," Discussion Papers 96-05, University of Copenhagen. Department of Economics.
- Egbert Dierker & Birgit Grodal, 1998. "The Price Normalization Problem in Imperfect Competition and the objective of the Firm," CIE Discussion Papers 1998-08, University of Copenhagen. Department of Economics. Centre for Industrial Economics.
- Egbert DIERKER & Birgit GRODAL, 1996. "The Price Normalization Problem in Imperfect Competition and the Objective of the Firm," Vienna Economics Papers vie9616, University of Vienna, Department of Economics.
- Bonanno, Giacomo, 1990. " General Equilibrium Theory with Imperfect Competition," Journal of Economic Surveys, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 4(4), pages 297-328.
- Brander, James A. & Lewis, Tracy R., 1986. "Oligopoly and Financial Structure: The Limited Liability Effect," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 76(5), pages 956-970, December.
- Jeremy C. Stein, 1989. "Efficient Capital Markets, Inefficient Firms: A Model of Myopic Corporate Behavior," The Quarterly Journal of Economics, Oxford University Press, vol. 104(4), pages 655-669.
- Suresh M. Sundaresan, 2000. "Continuous-Time Methods in Finance: A Review and an Assessment," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 55(4), pages 1569-1622, August.
- Seppi, Duane J, 1992. "Block Trading and Information Revelation around Quarterly Earnings Announcements," Review of Financial Studies, Society for Financial Studies, vol. 5(2), pages 281-305.
- Suleyman Basak, 1997. "Consumption choice and asset pricing with a non-price-taking agent," Economic Theory, Springer;Society for the Advancement of Economic Theory (SAET), vol. 10(3), pages 437-462.
- Lucas, Robert E, Jr, 1978. "Asset Prices in an Exchange Economy," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 46(6), pages 1429-1445, November.
- Palley, Thomas I., 1997. "Managerial turnover and the theory of short-termism," Journal of Economic Behavior & Organization, Elsevier, vol. 32(4), pages 547-557, April.
- Coase, Ronald H, 1972. "Durability and Monopoly," Journal of Law and Economics, University of Chicago Press, vol. 15(1), pages 143-149, April.
- Gene M. Grossman (ed.), 1992. "Imperfect Competition and International Trade," MIT Press Books, The MIT Press, edition 1, volume 1, number 0262570939, January.
- Biais, Bruno & Hillion, Pierre, 1994. "Insider and Liquidity Trading in Stock and Options Markets," Review of Financial Studies, Society for Financial Studies, vol. 7(4), pages 743-780.
- Mark S. Grinblatt & Stephen A. Ross, 1985. "Market Power in a Securities Market with Endogenous Information," The Quarterly Journal of Economics, Oxford University Press, vol. 100(4), pages 1143-1167.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Wolf Wagner, 2010. "Divestment, Entrepreneurial Incentives, and the Life Cycle of the Firm," Journal of Business Finance & Accounting, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 37(5-6), pages 591-611.
- Matthew Pritsker, 2005. "Large investors: implications for equilibrium asset, returns, shock absorption, and liquidity," Finance and Economics Discussion Series 2005-36, Board of Governors of the Federal Reserve System (U.S.).
- Branko Urosevic, 2001. "Moral hazard and dynamics of insider ownership stakes," Economics Working Papers 787, Department of Economics and Business, Universitat Pompeu Fabra, revised Oct 2004.
- Basak, Suleyman & Pavlova, Anna, 2004. "Monopoly Power and the FirmÂ€Ù³ Valuation:," Working papers 4234-01, Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT), Sloan School of Management.
More about this item
KeywordsMonopoly; Asset pricing theory; General equilibrium; Short-sighted; Time-consistency; Coase conjecture.;
- D42 - Microeconomics - - Market Structure, Pricing, and Design - - - Monopoly
- D51 - Microeconomics - - General Equilibrium and Disequilibrium - - - Exchange and Production Economies
- D92 - Microeconomics - - Micro-Based Behavioral Economics - - - Intertemporal Firm Choice, Investment, Capacity, and Financing
- E20 - Macroeconomics and Monetary Economics - - Consumption, Saving, Production, Employment, and Investment - - - General (includes Measurement and Data)
- G12 - Financial Economics - - General Financial Markets - - - Asset Pricing; Trading Volume; Bond Interest Rates
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:spr:joecth:v:24:y:2004:i:3:p:503-530. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Sonal Shukla) or (Rebekah McClure). General contact details of provider: http://www.springer.com .