The Happy-Productive Worker Thesis Revisited
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Estrada, Carlos A. & Isen, Alice M. & Young, Mark J., 1997. "Positive Affect Facilitates Integration of Information and Decreases Anchoring in Reasoning among Physicians," Organizational Behavior and Human Decision Processes, Elsevier, vol. 72(1), pages 117-135, October.
- Chu Kim-Prieto & Ed Diener & Maya Tamir & Christie Scollon & Marissa Diener, 2005. "Integrating The Diverse Definitions of Happiness: A Time-Sequential Framework of Subjective Well-Being," Journal of Happiness Studies, Springer, vol. 6(3), pages 261-300, September.
Most related itemsThese are the items that most often cite the same works as this one and are cited by the same works as this one.
- Michael Frisch, 2013. "Evidence-Based Well-Being/Positive Psychology Assessment and Intervention with Quality of Life Therapy and Coaching and the Quality of Life Inventory (QOLI)," Social Indicators Research: An International and Interdisciplinary Journal for Quality-of-Life Measurement, Springer, vol. 114(2), pages 193-227, November.
- Danilo Garcia & Arvid Erlandsson, 2011. "The Relationship Between Personality and Subjective Well-Being: Different Association Patterns When Measuring the Affective Component in Frequency and Intensity," Journal of Happiness Studies, Springer, vol. 12(6), pages 1023-1034, December.
- Robert Weech-Maldonado & Michael J. Miller & Justin C. Lord, 2017. "The Relationships among Socio-Demographics, Perceived Health, and Happiness," Applied Research in Quality of Life, Springer;International Society for Quality-of-Life Studies, vol. 12(2), pages 289-302, June.
- Coget, Jean-Francois & Haag, Christophe & Gibson, Donald E., 2011. "Anger and fear in decision-making: The case of film directors on set," European Management Journal, Elsevier, vol. 29(6), pages 476-490.
- Verbeke, W.J.M.I. & Belschak, F.D. & Bagozzi, R.P., 2004. "The Adaptive Consequences of Pride in Personal Selling," ERIM Report Series Research in Management ERS-2004-012-MKT, Erasmus Research Institute of Management (ERIM), ERIM is the joint research institute of the Rotterdam School of Management, Erasmus University and the Erasmus School of Economics (ESE) at Erasmus University Rotterdam.
- Tsai, Yuan-Hui & Ma, Hwa-Chun & Lin, Chieh-Peng & Chiu, Chou-Kang & Chen, Shwu-Chuan, 2014. "Group social capital in virtual teaming contexts: A moderating role of positive affective tone in knowledge sharing," Technological Forecasting and Social Change, Elsevier, vol. 86(C), pages 13-20.
- Fanny Salignac & Myra Hamilton & Jack Noone & Axelle Marjolin & Kristy Muir, 2020. "Conceptualizing Financial Wellbeing: An Ecological Life-Course Approach," Journal of Happiness Studies, Springer, vol. 21(5), pages 1581-1602, June.
- Maftei, Alexandra & Holman, Andrei-Corneliu & Cârlig, Elena-Roxana, 2020. "Does your child think you’re happy? Exploring the associations between children’s happiness and parenting styles," Children and Youth Services Review, Elsevier, vol. 115(C).
- Alexandra Ganglmair-Wooliscroft & Rob Lawson, 2012. "Subjective Wellbeing and its Influence on Consumer Sentiment Towards Marketing: A New Zealand Example," Journal of Happiness Studies, Springer, vol. 13(1), pages 149-166, March.
- Maria Kryza-Lacombe & Elise Tanzini & Sarah O’Neill, 2019. "Hedonic and Eudaimonic Motives: Associations with Academic Achievement and Negative Emotional States Among Urban College Students," Journal of Happiness Studies, Springer, vol. 20(5), pages 1323-1341, June.
- Adorée Durayappah, 2011. "The 3P Model: A General Theory of Subjective Well-Being," Journal of Happiness Studies, Springer, vol. 12(4), pages 681-716, August.
- Shu, Hui-Chu, 2010. "Investor mood and financial markets," Journal of Economic Behavior & Organization, Elsevier, vol. 76(2), pages 267-282, November.
- Aylin Demirli & Mustafa Türkmen & Recep Arık, 2015. "Investigation of Dispositional and State Hope Levels’ Relations with Student Subjective Well-Being," Social Indicators Research: An International and Interdisciplinary Journal for Quality-of-Life Measurement, Springer, vol. 120(2), pages 601-613, January.
- Nuno Camacho & Bas Donkers & Stefan Stremersch, 2011. "Predictably Non-Bayesian: Quantifying Salience Effects in Physician Learning About Drug Quality," Marketing Science, INFORMS, vol. 30(2), pages 305-320, 03-04.
- Débora Godoy-Izquierdo & Raquel Lara Moreno & María Vázquez Pérez & Francisco Araque Serrano & Juan Godoy García, 2013. "Correlates of Happiness Among Older Spanish Institutionalised and Non-Institutionalised Adults," Journal of Happiness Studies, Springer, vol. 14(2), pages 389-414, April.
- Miner, Andrew G. & Glomb, Theresa M., 2010. "State mood, task performance, and behavior at work: A within-persons approach," Organizational Behavior and Human Decision Processes, Elsevier, vol. 112(1), pages 43-57, May.
- Stillman, Steven & Velamuri, Malathi, 2016.
"If Life Throws You Lemons, Try To Make Lemonade: Does Locus of Control Help People Cope with Unexpected Shocks?,"
IZA Discussion Papers
10210, Institute of Labor Economics (IZA).
- Steven Stillman & Malathi Velamuri, 2017. "If Life Throws You Lemons Try To Make Lemonade: Does Locus of Control Help People Cope with Unexpected Shocks," BEMPS - Bozen Economics & Management Paper Series BEMPS37, Faculty of Economics and Management at the Free University of Bozen.
- Sagrario Yárnoz-Yaben & Alaitz Garmendia & Priscila Comino, 2016. "Looking at the Bright Side: Forgiveness and Subjective Well-Being in Divorced Spanish Parents," Journal of Happiness Studies, Springer, vol. 17(5), pages 1905-1919, October.
- Danping Shao & Erhua Zhou & Peiran Gao, 2019. "Influence of Perceived Socially Responsible Human Resource Management on Task Performance and Social Performance," Sustainability, MDPI, Open Access Journal, vol. 11(11), pages 1-22, June.
- Maysam Shirzadifard & Ehsan Shahghasemi & Elaheh Hejazi & Shima Aminipour, 2020. "Life Management Strategies as Mediators Between Information Processing Style and Subjective Well-Being," SAGE Open, , vol. 10(4), pages 21582440209, October.
More about this item
KeywordsProductivity; Positive affect; Negative affect; Job satisfaction; Life satisfaction; Quality of work life; Happiness; Emotions; Personality; Experience sampling;
All these keywords.
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:spr:jhappi:v:9:y:2008:i:4:p:521-537. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: . General contact details of provider: http://www.springer.com .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: Sonal Shukla or Springer Nature Abstracting and Indexing (email available below). General contact details of provider: http://www.springer.com .
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.